At the Movies...

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Super Nova

Re: At the Movies...

Post by Super Nova » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:05 pm

Superman.

8/10

Loved it. A good relaunch. They are really starting to merge in the styles these movies take now.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:30 pm

Damn you Zack Snyder...!

You know "Sucker Punch" is a crap movie when looked at as a whole... it's a bit voyeristic, has great action scenes and great special effects... but the plot is, in the end, a loser.

So what's wrong with this Superman?

ZS might just be the answer.
I loved the Art Direction, the costumes and Antje Traue...

Great cast for the most part except Amy Adams as Lois Lane, IMO.

Hated the added on ending with the transformers touch... give me a break.
Didn't believe the final twist with General Zod.
If you know what I mean, not a black-hole, just a plot hole.

6.5-7 out of 10.

What the first Superman had with Christopher Reeves and the last with Brandon Routh, that this one misses... is heart.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:25 pm

Rusty Crowe is in Superman? What part does he play?

Haven't seen the film and probably never will but the person depicting Superman is well cast (for looks) and very ;) attractive. ;) :rofl

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:49 pm

I think he plays Superman's biological dad, Jor-El. Time stands still for no-one. In the blink of an eye you go from being a buff gladiator to the middle aged daddy of a grown super hero.

Although I haven't seen it yet I am not keen on Amy Adams and she wouldn't be my pick for Lois Lane.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:11 am

Yes sany of the girls from Sucker Punch would have been preferable.

I don't get why Zod stripped down to his undies...
SN?
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:20 am

One for SN...
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/62841" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
positive review and a cool poster

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:53 pm

Rorschach wrote:One for SN...
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/62841" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
positive review and a cool poster
This film is Superman coming onto the scene in what has to be the biggest threat to Earth… EVER kind of way. What comes next? I can not wait. If Warner’s announced that they had secretly already been shooting the sequel and it was deep in post production and coming out at Christmas – It’d be the biggest movie ever. This is whole new level Comic Book movie spectacle.
I have to agree with most of this. It is a top movie. Go superman. Now it is more realistic (if that is possible ha ha) I will be interested to see how Superman evolves. They should do on with

Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:02 pm

like your opinions re my questions/thoughts on Supes SN.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:34 pm

Ta, they need to stay true to the format they have produced. No need to introduce the justice league and all that stuff.

I expect a fight with Lex Luthor next. Fuck that, no human can be a true nemesis even with a few rocks of Kryptonite.

Expect another shag attempt with Lois.

I think they need to introduce an alien attack where superman will be our only hope.

Check out all his enemies. I vote for Bizarro.

I guess it will be Lex after looking at this list. Most will not make the grade for a movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Superman_enemies

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:31 am

Yes there was a Lexcorp building and trucks in Man of Steel.
I find Lex a bore as he's been portrayed so far in film.
Brainiac maybe or Brainiac and Lex.

But maybe they need to step away from space threats after the first film.

I still don't know why Zod dropped his armour. :roll: