At the Movies...

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Super Nova

Re: At the Movies...

Post by Super Nova » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:04 pm

Black Orchid wrote:I give Django a 6.5- 7/10. The spaghetti western music (up loud when it came on) was annoying and the scene with the Aussies was really out of place. The Aussie accents were way TOO ockerish and it was unbelievable that there were Aussies in the deep south in it to begin with.
I loved the over done effects of the blood spurts.....the excessive violence.... the morality of a black slave getting revenge... that gained it the 2 extra points. :lol:
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:44 am

Chinese film censors offended by Django unclothed

* by: Leo Lewis
* April 12, 2013 10:09AM

CINEMAGOERS in China were stunned yesterday when the first public screenings of Quentin Tarantino's blood-spattered Django Unchained were mysteriously halted, after censors realised that everything looks larger on the big screen.

Across the country, and despite weeks of noisy media hype before the release of the slave revenge fantasy, cinemas cancelled all screenings, offering disappointed audiences the vague excuse of "technical problems".
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:54 am

Oblivion...

the local reviews have been rather confusing suggesting the movie was confusing. Well then the reviewers must have dementia or are 5 year olds.

I liked it, wasn't confused and the effects were great.

7/10

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/oblivion_2013/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:28 pm

Anyone have any comment to make about a Gentlemans Elegant Guide to Knife Fighting????..............ABC 9.00 pm Wednesday nights.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:01 pm

I found the ads unimpressive uninteresting and unbelievably unfunny.

I also understand that at the movies isn't the same as on tv.
I guess a person who doesn't shouldn't be upset when their topics go off topic then.

boxy

Post by boxy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:10 pm

That oblivion trailer looks like something I'd be interested in, even though I find Tom Cruise annoying, whenever he does the "mission impossible" or scientologist type "super human" thing. He's not an impressive enough specimen to do that, without reference to the irony of putting him in that situation. He's better off playing a "real" human.
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:24 pm

Ironman 3

coming soon

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Tom Cruise cruises to top of Aussie box office with film Oblivion
* by: Neala Johnson
* April 15, 2013 4:40PM

TOM Cruise has topped the Aussie box office for the first time since the end of 2011.

The divisive star’s new sci-fi film Oblivion enjoyed a $3.3 million opening weekend to push aside school holiday fare and take No.1 on the box office chart.

Cruise last hit No.1 in December 2011 with Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol. The action blockbuster went on to gross $17.6 million.

In June 2012, his much-hyped musical comedy Rock of Ages bombed, taking just $3.5 million. He returned to action with January’s Jack Reacher, which peaked at No.5 and grossed a so-so $8.7 million.

Oblivion - in which Cruise plays a maintenance worker left to protect assets on Earth after a war renders the planet un-liveable - has yet to open in the US but took around $60 million worldwide over the weekend.

It was shot largely in Iceland, which was where Cruise was when he learned his ex-wife Katie Holmes was filing for divorce.

Cruise will visit similar territory to Oblivion in his next movie, All You Need is Kill, about a futuristic soldier stuck in a loop as he fights in a war against aliens. It opens in Australia on March 6.

The Top 5 at the Australian box office for the weekend just gone was rounded out by The Croods ($2.7 million), Identity Thief ($1.3 million), new release Scary Movie 5 ($1.2 million) and another new entry, Warm Bodies ($976,068). The latter stars Australia’s Teresa Palmer and topped the US box office when it was released there on a quiet weekend in February.

Meanwhile, Bruce Willis’ fifth Die Hard adventure, A Good Day to Die Hard, passed $10 million in Australia over the weekend. It has taken almost $300 million worldwide to become the third-highest grossing movie in the franchise.
Read more: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/mo ... z2QWlOQqqK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For scifi fans it is definitely worth a look.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:44 pm

Off to see the new Evil Dead. My expectations are high. Love a good horror.

Shall report my rating.

Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:11 pm

Evil Dead. I jumped a few times. The people next to me laughed at my jumps. They could have done more. 7/10. For horror fans, worth a watch.