America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
The Reboot

Re: Why the world is rooted.

Post by The Reboot » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:24 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:38 pm
Current ad for this week from Arnolds. I wish I could buy food there too lol

Just one comparison ...
That's cheap! We've got something similar over in redneck WA. It's called the Spud Shed, and it took the owner a lot of battling with the government to get this up and running. Now there are several stores throughout the state, mostly in Perth but I think Mr Galati wants to expand to regional areas.

If you're interested in that story, read here. It's still pretty relevant to the topic.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:38 pm

The page didn't work but even at the cheapest places in Sydney our equivalent would be at least 4 times more expensive and it's not like we have to import our chickens!

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:45 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:38 pm
The page didn't work but even at the cheapest places in Sydney our equivalent would be at least 4 times more expensive and it's not like we have to import our chickens!
For fuck's sake it was working not long ago. :lol:

Okay, had an ABC link, previewed it and it isn't working either. Bizarre. It's sad but I'm gonna have to use Wikipedia.

Edit. That didn't work properly either, something to do with URL code. Fuck this. :rofl

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:59 am

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... -should-go

Tedros is China's paid shill....a disgrace...and the peasants of the world are suffering due to his
"appointment"....
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:44 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:25 pm
The Reboot wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:05 pm
They blame the retail industry being rooted because people shop online, and often from overseas. It would help if Australian companies had a better selection of whatever, because across the board I find them useless and end up going to Amazon or Ebay because it's either cheaper, or it has what I wanted, which Aussie businesses don't.

How did that fix that? The grubberment applies a tax for overseas sales. And despite this, they still end up being cheaper than Aussie businesses, for the most part. It hasn't fixed anything, or boosted our economy. All it has done is line the pockets of these grubby twits. Similar to the carbon tax, money out of thin air. That's all these filthy governments are interested in.
I won't deny I shop overseas as well. I used to buy my Nikes from US Amazon for $35 and prior to that I was paying $200 for the same shoes here. That's a massive difference.

Then the government stepped in and tried to tax everything on Ebay and prohibit us buying from Amazon. Aussie Amazon is a joke.

I shop online from Aussie stores too so no I don't feel guilty about buying from the US. Now I will just get them sent to a friend who will then send them on to me.

I really resent how much more we have to pay for EVERYTHING compared to the US.
You might want to check out Bass Pro Shop sometime, especially if you're looking for hiking boots and other outdoor products. I bought a pair of hiking boots for about $35 in 2002 and am still wearing them. I also love the Camo Trackers house shoes.
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en

Of course, it's important to know your size, because it's not cheap to send stuff back if it doesn't fit.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:14 pm

The4thEstate wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:44 am
Black Orchid wrote:
The Reboot wrote:
They blame the retail industry being rooted because people shop online, and often from overseas. It would help if Australian companies had a better selection of whatever, because across the board I find them useless and end up going to Amazon or Ebay because it's either cheaper, or it has what I wanted, which Aussie businesses don't.

How did that fix that? The grubberment applies a tax for overseas sales. And despite this, they still end up being cheaper than Aussie businesses, for the most part. It hasn't fixed anything, or boosted our economy. All it has done is line the pockets of these grubby twits. Similar to the carbon tax, money out of thin air. That's all these filthy governments are interested in.
I won't deny I shop overseas as well. I used to buy my Nikes from US Amazon for $35 and prior to that I was paying $200 for the same shoes here. That's a massive difference.

Then the government stepped in and tried to tax everything on Ebay and prohibit us buying from Amazon. Aussie Amazon is a joke.

I shop online from Aussie stores too so no I don't feel guilty about buying from the US. Now I will just get them sent to a friend who will then send them on to me.

You might want to check out Bass Pro Shop sometime, especially if you're looking for hiking boots and other outdoor products. I bought a pair of hiking boots for about $35 in 2002 and am still wearing them. I also love the Camo Trackers house shoes.

Of course, it's important to know your size, because it's not cheap to send stuff back if it doesn't fit.
Yeah, most Nike/Reebok type walking shoes all have American sizing on them. When I am feeling enthused I like to fast walk (on a treadmill lol), followed by some weights but can't say I am much of a hiker though.

I've been really slack over summer but once the weather starts to cool down hopefully I will get back to the gym.

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:12 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:14 pm
The4thEstate wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:44 am
Black Orchid wrote:
The Reboot wrote:

Yeah, most Nike/Reebok type walking shoes all have American sizing on them. When I am feeling enthused I like to fast walk (on a treadmill lol), followed by some weights but can't say I am much of a hiker though.

I've been really slack over summer but once the weather starts to cool down hopefully I will get back to the gym.
Well, it's not like there's a lot of deep woods near my home, but I take half-hour walks on a 1/5-mile oval walking track in a nearby park, and I like to hit the greenway trail in a nearby city whenever I'm down there.

I drag out the hiking boots when conditions call for it, as when I recently joined a friend in traipsing through a muddy, hilly state park.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:47 pm

To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:10 pm

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/chi ... arket-dead

Dealers go crazy if the drop is 3%...50/80%....is a disaster.....
Maybe we could get them to buy some Holdens….. :rofl :rofl :rofl

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:35 pm

"It's important to create an environment where students and workers feel like they can stay home, and I ask for your cooperation," Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said at a response meeting Tuesday. "Teleworking is an effective solution."

I've always wondered whether Japanese citizens call him "Honest Abe."