At the Movies...

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Rorschach

Re: At the Movies...

Post by Rorschach » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:42 pm

yes it was The Revenant Black Orchid

Anyone seen Deadpool yet?
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:21 pm

My son saw it the day it opened and loved it. I will wait for the DL :lol:

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:47 am

Deadpool.... 6-7/10

Ryan Reynolds proves he has good comedy timing and delivery... but DPool was too crude for me and I missed some of the more US orientated jokes and language.
Love Morena Baccarin, but they put tattoos all over her... give me a break. Minus another point for doing that.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Outlaw Yogi

Post by Outlaw Yogi » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:51 am

Probably regarded as 'so yesterday' by some, I waited til I could get the DVD on the cheap .... I recently watched Mad Max 4 (Fury Road). It was OK I spoze, but I wouldn't agree with the claim on the box of "Best action movie ever made".
Maybe I just getting old (turn 50 this year), I prefer Mad Max 2. Sort of wondering if Fury Road is an attempt to make up for the utter failure of Beyond Thunderdome.
If Donald Trump is so close to the Ruskis, why couldn't he get Vladimir Putin to put novichok in Xi Jjinping's lipstick?

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:51 pm

Gods of Egypt.... patchy, heavy on special effects, good actors hampered by patchy dialogue. lots of Australian actors.
6/10 maybe

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:46 pm

Batman vs Superman.... poor writing, appalling dialogue for the first half of the movie... but 6.5/10
Wonder Woman and Alfred save it from less.
Lex Luthor is abysmal.

boxy

Post by boxy » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:22 pm

Outlaw Yogi wrote:Probably regarded as 'so yesterday' by some, I waited til I could get the DVD on the cheap .... I recently watched Mad Max 4 (Fury Road). It was OK I spoze, but I wouldn't agree with the claim on the box of "Best action movie ever made".
Maybe I just getting old (turn 50 this year), I prefer Mad Max 2. Sort of wondering if Fury Road is an attempt to make up for the utter failure of Beyond Thunderdome.
Same here for all of that (including waiting for cheap DVD) :lol:

For mine, there was just too much action, even for an action flick.
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:20 pm

Rorschach wrote:Batman vs Superman.... poor writing, appalling dialogue for the first half of the movie... but 6.5/10
Lex Luthor is abysmal.
Wow we agree on something.

I didn't really like it.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:03 am

Super Nova wrote:
Rorschach wrote:Batman vs Superman.... poor writing, appalling dialogue for the first half of the movie... but 6.5/10
Lex Luthor is abysmal.
Wow we agree on something.

I didn't really like it.
The more I see the adds the more I thinks it was bad.

Why does batman have glowing eyes.
Lex Luthor was week as piss and not the brainiac personality he is meant to be.
Where the f..k was Wonder Women the last 100 years
Plot sucked and the ending was piss poor - the ending was just leaving it open for the next installment
Not true to the comic book characters.... we didn't get to know them really.... where was the good that makes these guys so super.

These guys where more realistic . :rofl

Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:48 pm

Lex Luthor is abysmal.
A male friend of mine saw this a week or so ago. I asked him what he thought of it and he said, in effect, that "the traditionalists will hate Lex Luthor". LOL He already knows I would hate the movie, period. LOL