America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
brian ross

Re: The impeachment inquiry

Post by brian ross » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:38 pm

The4thEstate wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:50 pm
brian ross wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:37 pm
Trump was offered the chance to attend. He knocked them back. Why? Was it 'cause he was attending a meeting for an organisation he holds in public contempt or was it 'cause he doesn't want to go and actually hear what is being said in person? Mmmm? :roll
Why should Trump attend?
To stop his whinging and whining of course. I am unsure how people act in the US but people downunder like to see what is happening in person, 4E. :roll

I was under the impression he was supposedly innocent. Here is a chance for him to observe reality for a change. He'll get his chance to prove his innocence before the Senate, if it gets to the Senate. :roll
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:42 pm

Texan wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:44 am
brian ross wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:11 pm
People seem to assume that this hearing is a trial. It isn't. It is just a committee that is examining the evidence and seeing if there is sufficient to commit Trump for a real trial before the Senate.

I understand in an effort to stop Trump whinging, he was invited to the hearing. He has now refused to attend, so he can now continue his whining. How typical of him. :roll
I didn't realize that heresay and inuendo are "evidence". Most of Schiff's "witnesses" are 3rd and 4th hand witnesses. Most of them have never met the president or listened in on a presidential phone call.
IYO, Tex. If you are correct, then the case against Trump will collapse, now won't it. Why are you afraid of justice being done correctly and formally? Why are Trumpites so afraid - if Trump is innocent he will be let off, now won't he? Or are you afraid that Trump will be found guilty 'cause he actually is guilty? :roll
BO - Nice pic. It's typical of Trump's rallies all across the US.
Interesting. Appears to be quite a few empty seats on the far side of the auditorium.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:13 pm

I hate to point out the obvious, Brian, but the only fear I see is coming from you!

Oh and LOLOL at a "few empty seats the far side". Could you be anymore petty and ridiculous? Can you circle them for us? :rofl

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:22 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:13 pm
I hate to point out the obvious, Brian, but the only fear I see is coming from you!

Oh and LOLOL at a "few empty seats the far side". Could you be anymore petty and ridiculous? Can you circle them for us? :rofl
Sure. Look:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:32 pm

They look like aisles, walkways and some weird things hanging from the ceiling to me. Desperate and jealous much, Brian? :roll:

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:00 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:32 pm
They look like aisles, walkways and some weird things hanging from the ceiling to me. Desperate and jealous much, Brian? :roll:
Not in the slightest, Black Orchid. The look like empty seats to me. Funny that, hey? :roll

I don't doubt that 4E will lie about them like you are...

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:09 pm

brian ross wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:00 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:32 pm
Not in the slightest, Black Orchid. The look like empty seats to me. Funny that, hey? :roll

I don't doubt that 4E will lie about them like you are...
I am lying? Because you think you see a "few" empty seats in a sea of red? Seriously, you are not worth the effort! *shakes head*

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:19 pm

brian ross wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:42 pm
Texan wrote:
brian ross wrote:
People seem to assume that this hearing is a trial. It isn't. It is just a committee that is examining the evidence and seeing if there is sufficient to commit Trump for a real trial before the Senate.

I understand in an effort to stop Trump whinging, he was invited to the hearing. He has now refused to attend, so he can now continue his whining. How typical of him. :roll
I didn't realize that heresay and inuendo are "evidence". Most of Schiff's "witnesses" are 3rd and 4th hand witnesses. Most of them have never met the president or listened in on a presidential phone call.
IYO, Tex. If you are correct, then the case against Trump will collapse, now won't it. Why are you afraid of justice being done correctly and formally? Why are Trumpites so afraid - if Trump is innocent he will be let off, now won't he? Or are you afraid that Trump will be found guilty 'cause he actually is guilty? :roll
Why do you assume I am afraid? What do you assume I am afraid of? This abortion in the house is not justice. Schiff controls all witnesses. Republicans are not allowed to bring their own witnesses. Schiff interrupts when Republicans question one of his witnesses too harshly. Schiff has Democrats do all of the friendly questioning and takes a break to feed the media before Republicans get to question the "witnesses" after the media has left to file their stories. This is the Democrat campaign because they have zero to run on besides "orange man bad". I hope the Senate uses the same rules and procedures in the Senate trial to make the witnesses look like the fools they are. Of course the Democrats will narrowly fail to vote for impeachment because they don't want the public scrutiny in the Senate.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:23 pm

Not to mention that none of these "witnesses" had any first hand knowledge of any wrong doing and many of whom have never even met the President.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:40 pm

Texan wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:19 pm
brian ross wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:42 pm
Texan wrote:
brian ross wrote:

Why do you assume I am afraid? What do you assume I am afraid of? This abortion in the house is not justice. Schiff controls all witnesses. Republicans are not allowed to bring their own witnesses. Schiff interrupts when Republicans question one of his witnesses too harshly. Schiff has Democrats do all of the friendly questioning and takes a break to feed the media before Republicans get to question the "witnesses" after the media has left to file their stories. This is the Democrat campaign because they have zero to run on besides "orange man bad". I hope the Senate uses the same rules and procedures in the Senate trial to make the witnesses look like the fools they are. Of course the Democrats will narrowly fail to vote for impeachment because they don't want the public scrutiny in the Senate.
Good, so I take it then you are willing to have Trump face the Senate? I am. I realise that it could all collapse. If it does, it does. If it doesn't I hope we won't hear the usual whinges that it was all "fixed", will we?