America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
BigP

Re: The impeachment inquiry

Post by BigP » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:45 pm

The4thEstate wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:54 am
Nom De Plume wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:24 pm
Trump spins on Ukraine 'server,' says 'I want a trial' after impeachment hearings
President Trump called into Fox & Friends Friday morning, taking shots at former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, saying she was treated well in her impeachment hearing because "she's a woman." He also repeated the debunked theory that Ukraine has a single "server" containing the Democratic National Committee emails hacked in 2016. Trump also claimed the southern border wall is now "electrified" so "if anyone touches it," border agents can "get there within minutes," though there is no evidence of this. After complaining that Republicans couldn't call certain witnesses to publicly testify in the House impeachment inquiry, Trump said "I want a trial" on impeachment in the Senate. He suggested a trial would bring the whistleblower forward for questioning.
Source: Fox News, Axios

https://theweek.com/5things/880362/trum ... t-hearings

:b :b :WTF
Trump often speaks informally and imprecisely, and the left is obsessed with trying to fact check every syllable he utters.

But there are worse things a President could do -- and we're now just beginning to find out some of the corruption that occurred under the supposedly squeaky clean Obama administration.

Breaking news this week: "Justice Department officials are saying that a lawyer for the FBI altered a key document that was then used in the application for a FISA warrant to initiate surveillance of the 2016 Trump campaign."
https://pjmedia.com/trending/former-fbi ... veillance/

In other words, we may soon find out if the Obama administration spied on the Trump campaign before the 2016 presidential election. How big a deal is that, you ask? Well, the last time anything like that happened was at a place called the Watergate.
I am seriously interested in the FISA warrant, its a long time coming..

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:16 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:15 pm
brian ross wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:11 pm
People seem to assume that this hearing is a trial. It isn't. It is just a committee that is examining the evidence and seeing if there is sufficient to commit Trump for a real trial before the Senate.

I understand in an effort to stop Trump whinging, he was invited to the hearing. He has now refused to attend, so he can now continue his whining. How typical of him. :roll
He hasn't refused to attend you dimwit. He will be at the NATO Leaders Meeting in London which was known by ALL for a LONG time or do you think these things are organised overnight on a whim?
I thought he put America first, Black Orchid. Was Trump telling fibs again when he said that? Tsk, tsk. :roll
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:39 pm

brian ross wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:16 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
brian ross wrote:
People seem to assume that this hearing is a trial. It isn't. It is just a committee that is examining the evidence and seeing if there is sufficient to commit Trump for a real trial before the Senate.

I understand in an effort to stop Trump whinging, he was invited to the hearing. He has now refused to attend, so he can now continue his whining. How typical of him. :roll
He hasn't refused to attend you dimwit. He will be at the NATO Leaders Meeting in London which was known by ALL for a LONG time or do you think these things are organised overnight on a whim?
I thought he put America first, Black Orchid. Was Trump telling fibs again when he said that? Tsk, tsk. :roll
Only you would see it like that.

A normal person would wonder why the Dems don't want to put America anywhere near first and why they would pick a date just a few days away when they know Trump will be at a NATO Leaders Meeting.

We know you applaud the disingenuous though.

EDIT: ABC headlines "US President Donald Trump refuses to attend impeachment hearing" what a load of left wing biased CRAP!

Fred

Post by Fred » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:17 am

Black Orchid wrote:
brian ross wrote:

He doesn't have to appear in person, the point is that the Whitehouse is refusing to represent.

I think this is moving too fast now. I am sure the process will terminate well before the next US elections which would defeat the purpose (I would have thought). since it is nothing more than a propaganda effort to sway public opinion completion of the process will make the extraordinary long campaign pointless.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:37 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:39 pm
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
brian ross wrote:

A normal person would wonder why the Dems don't want to put America anywhere near first and why they would pick a date just a few days away when they know Trump will be at a NATO Leaders Meeting.

EDIT: ABC headlines "US President Donald Trump refuses to attend impeachment hearing" what a load of left wing biased CRAP!

Yeah, sure, Black Orchid, sure. It's all a left wing conspiracy to get Donnie, right? Gosh, you're sounding as paranoid as 4E. :roll

Trump was offered the chance to attend. He knocked them back. Why? Was it 'cause he was attending a meeting for an organisation he holds in public contempt or was it 'cause he doesn't want to go and actually hear what is being said in person? Mmmm? :roll
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:39 pm

Hmmm then again, maybe he is in London to get the NATO countries to pay their rightful and just dues and maybe, just maybe, the recalcitrant Dems specifically picked that date because they already knew this?

Some conspiracy theory wot? :roll:

You seriously don't have both oars in the water Brian.

BigP

Post by BigP » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:45 pm

brian ross wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:37 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:39 pm
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
brian ross wrote:

Yeah, sure, Black Orchid, sure. It's all a left wing conspiracy to get Donnie, right? Gosh, you're sounding as paranoid as 4E. :roll

Trump was offered the chance to attend. He knocked them back. Why? Was it 'cause he was attending a meeting for an organisation he holds in public contempt or was it 'cause he doesn't want to go and actually hear what is being said in person? Mmmm? :roll
What would Trump have to gain by attending, they haven't even given him a witness list, If it makes it to the senate the republicans will be running the show and they will kill it .

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:50 pm

brian ross wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:37 pm
Why should Trump attend?

He's already seen this movie. The last time, it was supposedly about Russian collusion. Now, it's supposedly about a Ukrainian quid pro quo ... or bribery ... or obstruction of justice. Whatever.

Or gosh, could it be that the Democrats are continuing to conduct an impeachment in search of a crime, just as they've been doing since 19 minutes after Trump was sworn in (as reported by the Washington Post)?

Nahhh ... this is all about fulfilling the obligations of the Constitution and the sincere wishes of the Founding Fathers. And if you don't believe that, just ask the Democrats!

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:15 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:44 am

brian ross wrote:

I didn't realize that heresay and inuendo are "evidence". Most of Schiff's "witnesses" are 3rd and 4th hand witnesses. Most of them have never met the president or listened in on a presidential phone call.

I hope Barr's report on the Russiagate origins comes out soon. According to Wikipedia, the Steele dossier was paid for by the Clinton campaign or the Clinton Foundation through Fusion GPS. Steele supposedly got his "intelligence" from the Russians but I think that it was almost completely made up. Nobody has come forward to authenticate any part of the dossier.

Rush Limbaugh is of the opinion that the FBI leaked the dossier to media sources, who dutifully published them. When the FBI submitted the dossier for a FISA warrant, they listed the media stories that they created as verification of the authenticity of the dossier. So they used their own leakings as authentication to justify spying on Trump. If this is true, I hope it comes out in the Senate. If this is true, the House will most likely not vote to impeach to avoid the Senate uncovering this. The House Dims just want to continue dragging Trump's name through the mud for as long as possible as that is their only campaign strategy. Dims have nothing to run on except "Orange Man Bad".

BO - Nice pic. It's typical of Trump's rallies all across the US.