New virus from shithole China

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
billy the kid

Re: New virus from shithole China

Post by billy the kid » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:13 pm

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/fede ... 5436f.html

This is going to blow up in scumo's face......on the one hand the talking heads are suggesting that Australian
athletes may not go to the Tokyo Olympics in July...but we are contemplating allowing 170,000 Chinese students into
the country......looks like the grubberment is playing musical chairs on the deck of the Titanic...and we all know how
that ended...….read the comments on this article.....
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:37 pm

Money trumps public health and safety and it would be the same no matter which government had the power. We really need a 3rd party with enough push to get the votes.

If only Pauline would hand over the reins to Mark Latham.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:40 pm

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:28 pm

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has moved Australia into pandemic mode, as the coronavirus spreads to 42 countries across the world.

“We’re effectively operating now on the basis that there is one, a pandemic,” Morrison said, declaring the government was now activating its emergency plan.

“In the last 24 hours ... the data regarding the rate of transmission of the virus outside of China is fundamentally changing the way we need to now look at how this issue is being managed here in Australia,” he said.

“We believe the risk of a global pandemic is very much upon us and as a result, as a government, we need to take the steps necessary to prepare for such a pandemic.”

Morrison said the decision to move ahead before the World Health Organisation declared an official pandemic was made in consultation with Australia’s chief medical officer, Brendan Murphy.
https://7news.com.au/travel/coronavirus ... n-c-719483

BigP

Post by BigP » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:57 pm

Bobby wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:40 pm
He looks like a spring roll, Im surprised someone didn't eat him

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:07 pm

Are we all enacting our 'Doomsday Prepper Plan'? I am! The medical profession has recommended to do so...

What does your plan entail?
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:42 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:07 pm
Are we all enacting our 'Doomsday Prepper Plan'? I am! The medical profession has recommended to do so...

I'm not scared of the virus as I'm in a risk factor of about .4% fatality but I'm still going to be prepared.
There will be no interruptions to power or water but it would be smart to stock up on food.
Here's what I've got. There is nothing here that I wouldn't normally use (except of the milk powder), nothing will be wasted

Frozen:
6kg of rump steak
5kg sausages
10 large packs of peas/corn
5lt ice cream

Dry:
5kg brown rice
5kg oats
5kg mixed pulses
5kg flour
Loads of pasta
10lt powdered milk
4 packs of whey protein

Cans:
Loads of cans of peaches, tinned tomatoes and pretty much a full pantry.

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:50 pm

This gave me the shits today.

I was at the workout court in a local park that gets a lot of tourists because of the killer view. It's only a small workout court with pull up/push up bar a couple of things to to calf raises on and an incline bench.

Anyway, a group of about 15 soupies were walking back to their Coronobus and they veered off towards me and en-mass invaded my space, jumping all over the equipment, open mouth coughing. I packed up and just left. Fucking stupid bat eating monkeys.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:22 pm

Gordon wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:42 pm
Nom De Plume wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:07 pm

I'm not scared of the virus as I'm in a risk factor of about .4% fatality but I'm still going to be prepared.
There will be no interruptions to power or water but it would be smart to stock up on food.
Here's what I've got. There is nothing here that I wouldn't normally use (except of the milk powder), nothing will be wasted

Frozen:
6kg of rump steak
5kg sausages
10 large packs of peas/corn
5lt ice cream

Dry:
5kg brown rice
5kg oats
5kg mixed pulses
5kg flour
Loads of pasta
10lt powdered milk
4 packs of whey protein

Cans:
Loads of cans of peaches, tinned tomatoes and pretty much a full pantry.
I keep my pantry stocked so I'm just ensuring that I've got a couple of months of prescription meds, and disinfectant for when it arrives. I'm also adding Panadol to my list just in case I struggle with fever... Last resort though. I'm also getting my flu shot done.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:52 pm

Special "fever clinics" could soon be established, retired doctors asked to return to work, and non-urgent surgeries cancelled as the Federal Government shifts into the next phase of its response to the coronavirus outbreak.

Emergency doctors warn hospitals are already regularly operating at or beyond capacity, and could be completely overwhelmed by the huge wave of patients that a pandemic could bring.

GPs also say they are ill-equipped to deal with a pandemic, and are urgently calling for more access to protective equipment.

The Federal Government on Thursday activated its emergency plan and is now operating on the basis the virus is a pandemic.

"So primarily now it moves to a formal engagement with the states, where we are doing all of that work across medical stockpile, personal protective equipment, supply chain, in particular personnel," Health Minister Greg Hunt said.

"One of the things we're most focused on is to make sure we have the personnel capacity if there is a surge within our hospitals and medical system."

But he warned even a bad flu season could stretch Australia's healthcare systems to the limit — so a coronavirus pandemic could completely overwhelm them.

"We do operate most of our hospitals either at or over capacity — that's why we have ambulances ramping out the front of hospitals and patients spending a lot of time in emergency departments," Dr Judkins said.

He said hospitals would be looking to develop fever clinics outside their buildings, cancel non-urgent elective surgeries or move them into the private sector, and set up clinics in outpatient departments in order to create capacity for a large influx of patients.

"There is not a lot of additional capacity in our system as it is, so it's not like we can just open up new wards and get new staff — we need to work out how to most effectively use the resources that we've actually got available," Dr Judkins said.

The president of the Royal Australian College of GPs, Harry Nespolon, said GPs urgently needed more protective equipment — including masks, goggles and protective suits — so they could safely assess people who might have coronavirus.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australi ... spartandhp