New virus from shithole China

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Black Orchid

Re: New virus from shithole China

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:17 pm

A frightening discovery at the coronavirus epicentre means the deadly contagion may be able to spread a lot more easily than first thought.

A man has begun developing coronavirus symptoms a whopping 27 days after coming into contact with an infected person, causing authorities to fear for the worst.

A 70-year-old man in China’s Hubei Province was infected with coronavirus but did not show symptoms until nearly four weeks later, the Chinese government revealed yesterday.

This could prove a devastating blow to the world if the virus’s incubation period is longer than the presumed 14 days.
https://www.news.com.au/world/asia/scar ... c7e40d5fef

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:34 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:17 pm
A frightening discovery at the coronavirus epicentre means the deadly contagion may be able to spread a lot more easily than first thought.

A man has begun developing coronavirus symptoms a whopping 27 days after coming into contact with an infected person, causing authorities to fear for the worst.

A 70-year-old man in China’s Hubei Province was infected with coronavirus but did not show symptoms until nearly four weeks later, the Chinese government revealed yesterday.

This could prove a devastating blow to the world if the virus’s incubation period is longer than the presumed 14 days.
https://www.news.com.au/world/asia/scar ... c7e40d5fef
Can someone explain to me why the travel ban on travellers from China has been extended another week, yet Year 11
and 12 students from China are going to be permitted to enter Australia (on a case to case basis...)
Is this just a grubberment thought bubble....
Why, pray tell just Year 11 and 12.....what about Years 7 8 9 and 10.....
What about those travellers with blue eyes..maybe allow them in if they are taller than 6 feet.....
I read that the virus could remain dormant for up to 42 days...is our grubberment aware of this...…. :WTF
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:48 pm

If it starts to sweep through schools and universities all hell will break loose.

BigP

Post by BigP » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:20 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:48 pm
If it starts to sweep through schools and universities all hell will break loose.
I caught a bit of the BBC last night and they mentioned the flue season in America this year 25 million caught it , 16 thousand dead,,

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:22 pm

Over 1100 people died from the flu here last season before it had hardly begun. They rarely report it though. No idea what the final number was.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:31 am

The Olympic Games are in Tokyo starting on 24/7...
If they get cancelled...the world will know that this virus is out of control...... :OMG
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:14 am

A staggering 50 people died in the Iranian city of Qom from the new coronavirus in the month of February, Iran's semiofficial ILNA news agency reported on Monday. The new death toll is significantly higher than the latest number of confirmed cases that Iranian officials had reported just a few hours earlier, which stood at just 12 deaths out of 47 cases, according to state TV.

The 50 deaths date back as far as Feb. 13, according to an Iranian official. Iran previously reported its cases and deaths from the virus on Feb. 19.

Authorities are struggling to contain and understand the outbreak in those countries, where infected cases have skyrocketed as they have increased over 2,000 percent in the past couple weeks.

Italy is considered the site of Europe's first major outbreak and the largest outside of Asia. The number of infected cases jumped to 152, compared to just three 10 days ago.
https://www.foxnews.com/health/global-o ... outh-korea

Texan

Post by Texan » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:40 pm

The virus is spreading fast in South Korea. My son leaves soon for South Korea. It's too late to get a mask before he leaves, but as soon as I know his address I'm sending him a mask and replacement filters. The military will give him the proper PPE, but just in case I'm sending him backup. He's planning on staying on base as much as possible.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:08 pm

Texan wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:40 pm
The virus is spreading fast in South Korea. My son leaves soon for South Korea. It's too late to get a mask before he leaves, but as soon as I know his address I'm sending him a mask and replacement filters. The military will give him the proper PPE, but just in case I'm sending him backup. He's planning on staying on base as much as possible.
He should be pretty safe. The Korean outbreak was caused by a single woman who got the virus in China on a visit and refused to be tested on her return. She belonged apparently to a doomsday Christian cult that believed in "provoking" the return of Christ. Seem she might get her wish. :roll

I wish your son luck with his deployment.
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:33 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... ays-expert

Dr WHOffle continues to.....waffle..... :rofl