The impeachment inquiry

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Black Orchid

Re: The impeachment inquiry

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:21 pm

Ukrainian MP Andriy Derkach revealed on Wednesday that former Vice President Joe Biden received $900,000 from Burisma Group for lobbying activities, citing materials related to an investigation.

“This was the transfer of Burisma Group’s funds for lobbying activities, as investigators believe, personally to Joe Biden through a lobbying company. Funds in the amount of $900,000 were transferred to the U.S.-based company Rosemont Seneca Partners, which according to open sources, in particular, the New York Times, is affiliated with Biden. The payment reference was payment for consultative services,” said Derkach.

Derkach also puiblicized sums of money transferred to Burisma Group representatives – including Joe Biden’s son Hunter.

“According to the documents, Burisma paid no less than $16.5 million to [former Polish President, who became an independent director at Burisma Holdings in 2014] Aleksander Kwasniewski, [chairman of the Burisma board of independent directors] Alan Apter, [Burisma independent director] Devon Archer and Hunter Biden [who joined the Burisma board of directors in 2014],” Derkach added.

“Using political and economic levelers of influencing Ukrainian authorities and manipulating the issue of providing financial aid to Ukraine, Joe Biden actively assisted closing criminal cases into the activity of former Ukrainian Ecology Minister Mykola Zlochevsky, who is the founder and owner of Burisma Group.”

“Biden’s fifth visit to Kyiv on December 7-8, 2015 was devoted to making a decision on the resignation of [then Ukrainian Prosecutor General] Viktor Shokin over the case of Zlochevsky and Burisma. Loan guarantees worth $1 billion that the United States was to give to Ukraine was the point of pressure. Biden himself admitted exerting pressure in his speech at the Council of Foreign Relations in January 2018, calling Shokin ‘son of a bitch who was fired’,” Derkach added.
https://theduran.com/joe-biden-personal ... admission/

He shouldn't be investigated though because he is a lefty? :roll:

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:24 pm

The4thEstate wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:54 am
brian ross wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:50 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:31 pm
brian ross wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:03 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:07 pm

Well DUHHH!! :roll:
Again, I ask the context and for where/when this occurred, Black Orchid. I wonder why you won't supply it? Is it 'cause you don't care? Mmmm, I wonder how you react to this then?

Donald Trump: Billy Bush says infamous Access Hollywood 'grab them by the p***y' tape is real

Do you like knowing that Trump is a sexist bigot? :roll:
Brian stop being ridiculous and trying to deflect. When or where Biden said this is totally irrelevant. Context? Listen to his words and stop being silly. It's WHAT he says and it is more than clear.
So, what Trump says is irrelevant? Do you like what he says about Women, Black Orchid? Do you like to be grabbed by the pussy? Really?
I'm constantly amused at the way lefties suddenly become pearl-clutching schoolmarms when they're feigning shock at the salty language of a politician they're trying to take down.

Especially when Democrats such as Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib make public comments like, "We're gonna impeach the motherf___er!"
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/04/politics ... index.html

Sure, Trump's statement was crude, but any male over 12 years old who hasn't heard similar language has probably spent his life cloistered in a monastery.

Besides, it's pretty obvious that Trump wasn't saying he treated ALL women that way -- he was merely describing the way groupies throw themselves at famous men. I'm sure any rock star could tell similar stories.
Isn't that funny, how Trump so much as farts and gets ostracized yet it's perfectly acceptable for his opposition to swear, curse and say deplorable things that in any other scenario would see the offenders suffering a media witch hunt.

The guy is far from perfect but what I respect in him is the fact that he doesn't put on some bullshit front like most other figures in politics.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:03 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:21 pm
Ukrainian MP Andriy Derkach revealed on Wednesday that former Vice President Joe Biden received $900,000 from Burisma Group for lobbying activities, citing materials related to an investigation.

“This was the transfer of Burisma Group’s funds for lobbying activities, as investigators believe, personally to Joe Biden through a lobbying company. Funds in the amount of $900,000 were transferred to the U.S.-based company Rosemont Seneca Partners, which according to open sources, in particular, the New York Times, is affiliated with Biden. The payment reference was payment for consultative services,” said Derkach.

Derkach also puiblicized sums of money transferred to Burisma Group representatives – including Joe Biden’s son Hunter.

“According to the documents, Burisma paid no less than $16.5 million to [former Polish President, who became an independent director at Burisma Holdings in 2014] Aleksander Kwasniewski, [chairman of the Burisma board of independent directors] Alan Apter, [Burisma independent director] Devon Archer and Hunter Biden [who joined the Burisma board of directors in 2014],” Derkach added.

“Using political and economic levelers of influencing Ukrainian authorities and manipulating the issue of providing financial aid to Ukraine, Joe Biden actively assisted closing criminal cases into the activity of former Ukrainian Ecology Minister Mykola Zlochevsky, who is the founder and owner of Burisma Group.”

“Biden’s fifth visit to Kyiv on December 7-8, 2015 was devoted to making a decision on the resignation of [then Ukrainian Prosecutor General] Viktor Shokin over the case of Zlochevsky and Burisma. Loan guarantees worth $1 billion that the United States was to give to Ukraine was the point of pressure. Biden himself admitted exerting pressure in his speech at the Council of Foreign Relations in January 2018, calling Shokin ‘son of a bitch who was fired’,” Derkach added.

The Duran :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-duran/

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE

Overall, we rate The Duran a Questionable source based on far right wing bias, promotion of Russian propaganda and right wing conspiracies, a lack of transparency, use of poor sources and plagiarism.

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:52 pm

Red, seriously, do you have any actual thoughts of your own to add besides "orange man bad" or ... :rofl :rofl :rofl

I have asked you before, but you always choose to ignore, it so I will ask again.
What is it exactly that you hate about him Red? He is doing what he was elected to do. Closing the borders (or trying to), creating jobs for more Americans and bringing the troops home, yet you seem to have a huge problem with that.

I honestly don't understand this blind hatred. If you aren't for open borders, more unemployment and sending more troops overseas to fight in the never ending Middle Eastern wars what exactly is your problem?

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:55 pm

Redneck wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:03 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:21 pm

The Duran :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-duran/

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE

Overall, we rate The Duran a Questionable source based on far right wing bias, promotion of Russian propaganda and right wing conspiracies, a lack of transparency, use of poor sources and plagiarism.

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source

:rofl :rofl :rofl
There are many sources saying the same thing Red. Did you even read it? Can you disprove it? Do you have any actual comments or thoughts on why you think Biden and his family should get a free pass?

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:05 pm

The 2020 Democratic candidate with whom the CIA whistleblower had a "professional" tie is Joe Biden, according to intelligence officers and former White House officials.

Lawyers for the whistleblower said he had worked only "in the executive branch." The Washington Examiner has established that he is a career CIA analyst who was detailed to the National Security Council at the White House and has since left. On Sept. 26, the New York Times reported that he was a CIA officer. On Oct. 4, the newspaper added that he "was detailed to the National Security Council at one point."

Michael Atkinson, the Intelligence Community's inspector general, told members of Congress that the whistleblower had a "professional tie" to a 2020 Democratic candidate. He had written earlier that while the whistleblower's complaint was credible, he had shown "some indicia of an arguable political bias ... in favor of a rival political candidate."

A retired CIA officer told the Washington Examiner, “From everything we know about the whistleblower and his work in the executive branch then, there is absolutely no doubt he would have been working with Biden when he was vice president."

As an experienced CIA official on the NSC with the deep knowledge of Ukraine that he demonstrated in his complaint, it is probable that the whistleblower briefed Biden and likely that he accompanied him on Air Force Two during at least one of the six visits the 2020 candidate made to the country.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... als-reveal

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:42 pm

The4thEstate wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:48 am
brian ross wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:56 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:54 pm
Redneck wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:43 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:39 pm
I don't see how he has done anything wrong. Do you?
Are you kidding?

FFS are you blind? Well wait an see!

OMG Cant believe it the man is an embarrassment almost daily!!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
You don't think Biden should be investigated even after his own admissions? Red your sheer hatred for him is just blinding you. Not me!
Biden doesn't hold any office. Trump does, Black Orchid. It appears you believe that el Presidente means Trump is immune to the legal ramifications for his actions. No one has argued that for Biden. Lets see the Trumpites stump up something. There is plenty on the table against Trump already. :roll: :roll:
Ummm ... Biden WANTS to hold the highest office in the land, he's been the Democrat front-runner up to now, and the accusations against him took place while he was VIce President of the last administration.
Then investigate him, 4E. As far as I am concerned, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being investigated - as long as the investigation is free and fair. That is something which worrried Trump and his supporters - they automatically feel that any investigation, conducted by any organisation will automatically be unfair. Personally I suspect that is paranoia on their part. What do you think? Do you fear investigation of Trump? I don't fear it of Biden 'cause I don't have a horse in this race. I just want reality and truth to be acknowledged by the Trumpites who seem to have placed Trump on some sort of pedestal. :roll:
As for Trump getting removed from office, don't waste time getting your hopes up. The chances of getting a 2/3 vote in the Republican-controlled Senate are about as likely as Ayman al-Zawahiri converting to Judaism.
I have no hopes to get up, 4E. Trump is your el Presidente'. You should be worried by all the storm clouds gathering around him. As the old saying goes, "there is no smoke without fire." Trump looks to me, on the basis of the information presently available, to be very smoky indeed.
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:31 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:52 pm
Red, seriously, do you have any actual thoughts of your own to add besides "orange man bad" or ... :rofl :rofl :rofl

I have asked you before, but you always choose to ignore, it so I will ask again.
What is it exactly that you hate about him Red? He is doing what he was elected to do. Closing the borders (or trying to), creating jobs for more Americans and bringing the troops home, yet you seem to have a huge problem with that.

I honestly don't understand this blind hatred. If you aren't for open borders, more unemployment and sending more troops overseas to fight in the never ending Middle Eastern wars what exactly is your problem?
Do a search on Trumps Scandals BO is all that is needed to see why I cant stand him or his childish tantrums.

Did I ever say I had a problem with any of those things on your list? Apart from suggesting he bullshits his achievements in his usual lying manner! He claims the economy is booming and yet the Fed Reserve is cutting interest rates trying to boost a sluggish economy, funny that.

He goes from one brain explosion thought bubble to the next, even the latest pulling the troops out of Syria which is being highly criticised by both sides of the US congress and numerous world leaders. I sure am glad his troops are not defending us in some conflict

Nah cant stand the man, not a man of honour in any way!

Bring on the impeachment.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:39 pm

He has made some unsavoury comments, granted. How do you feel about Hawke? So did he. He was a womaniser and a bigot and he was your hero.

The Kurds were paid copious amounts of money to fight and they were supplied with weapons. They aren't a UN ally but, unfortunately, Turkey is. No criticism of Turkey? Our UN ally? Should the US stay there forever?

You obviously don't agree with bringing any troops home from the ME but I do and one would expect that move to be criticised by both sides. Let them fight their own wars. Dems want the troops there. Funny that! Besides, it was only a small number of troops who were withdrawn. 50-100 special operations troops as far as I am aware. Turkey was going on a rampage no matter what and the US moved troops to keep them safe. I am quite disturbed that you have a problem with that.
The Pentagon said Monday it does not endorse a Turkish operation in northern Syria, and that U.S. troops would not support or be involved in such an operation.

The statement from the Pentagon follows Sunday’s White House announcement that U.S. troops would withdraw from northeastern Syrian ahead of a potential Turkish military incursion to rout out Kurdish militants.

A senior administration official told reporters Monday that Sunday’s announcement did not constitute a full U.S. withdrawal from Syria and that only 50 to 100 U.S. special operations forces were moving to other locations in Syria.

The official explained that Trump’s decision to move the special operators out of the zone of a potential Turkish operation was done to protect troops and keep them out of the crossfire.
https://www.militarytimes.com/flashpoin ... esurgence/

Again no comments about Biden. Funny that, as well.

You lefties are more butt hurt about locker room talk than you are about corruption and troop safety. I see the latter as being far more important. It's not a matter of left v right it's a matter of common sense. You also, from your postings, appear to want the US to go to war against a UN ally and/or leave their servicemen in danger.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:12 pm

You throw around words like "ally" rather freely, Black Orchid. AFAIK, Australia is not allied to Turkey in the slightest. Yes, we are both members of the UN. However, that is a a collective security agreement rather than an "alliance" in the normally accepted meaning of the word. We are not committed to defend each other except in a general sense as applied by the UN.

Turkey has always been what Trump wants to make America - an ultra-nationalist country where if you are a citizen, you must be a Turk, no ifs, no buts, no maybes. Doesn't matter what your tribal or ethnic allegiance is, that must all go by the wayside because you're now a Turk. This can reach ridiculous levels. Kurds were forbidden to practice their culture, to speak their language. They were imprisoned if they spoke Kurdish rather than Turkish. Do you think this would actually promote allegiance to Ankara? It didn't, it fostered the Kurdish Liberation movement - bombs, massacres, the lot, troops on the streets, etc.

I have Turkish friends - some are pro- Erdogan some anti. Some think he's a betrayer of the Turkish ideals fostered by Attaturk. some think he's an Islamist fool, some reckon he's a danger to civilisation.

The Kurds have been a long time waiting to gain a nation of their own. They are a large ethnic group which exists in Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Iran. They were denied their own homeland in the treaty of Versailles because it was felt that as they would lack an outlet to the sea, they would be non-viable as a country. So, they have rebelled several times against the different governments that govern them only each time to be betrayed by the external powers which were using them to their own advantage. Yet they keep on fighting. The US has betrayed them several times, the British several times, the Russians several times. Everytime there is a crisis in the region, you can bet your bottom dollar that the Kurds will try and use it to their advantage and of course, fail. :roll:

Trump wants to stir up nationalism. Problem is, that will lead to problems, as it has, with other countries. problems that Trump doesn't care about. He has annoyed many other countries by being a bastard - Canada, Mexico, the EU, China, Japan, ROK, you name it. He has even upset us. :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair