Housing subsidy pushes prices up

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
cynik

Re: Housing subsidy pushes prices up

Post by cynik » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:32 am

Dita, please read my post again.

I did not discuss the housing purchase contribution.

I quoted the first sentence of the topic, which was a statement of economic cause and effect. I quoted it precisely because I wanted to discuss THAT statement.

You have now decided I am "WRONG", and start blathering on about housing purchase contributions. Either stick to what is written, or shut your hole. I have no idea who you are, but your arrogance and foolishness do not make the best first impression. I am inclined to think you're a fuckwit.

cynik

Post by cynik » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:53 am

Regarding the point that the housing purchase assistance would push prices up......

Yeah, if the price is being reduced, that would increase demand and that should increase prices. Sure.

My bad if I made the impression that house prices should fall because of the government fueling demand.

Why did these dumb fluffy bunnies call it a "subsidy"? Why not call it a gift, or a bribe?

I suppose you can "subsidize demand" (I had always thought you fueled demand and subsidized production, but that is semantics), but my point regarding the original quote still stands. It is funk economics to claim that subsidies always increase the price of an article.

Dita, your comments on Switzerland are curious. And maybe you were not taxed into the ground in Australia. Not everyone is. It is only if you work for a living that you get that treatment. What do you do? Gamble on stocks and shares with mommies money?

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:58 am

Funny, kitchen sinik, when I read the crap you posted the first thing that came into my mind was "What a fuckwit!"

I work for myself, using my own money. You the one using Mommies' money?

cynik

Post by cynik » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:44 pm

Interesting that you thought I was a fuckwit, given that I was discussing economics, and not dissing you.

I didn't start thinking you were a waste of space until it occurred to me that you were insulting me and yet I had never communicated anything to you in my life.

I guess that is all that needs to be said about that.

You "run your own business". Sure. SURE YOU DO.

You are left wing, for fucks sake. And proud of it, like it makes you smart or something. You are left wing and you don't work. That means you are on the dole.

:?

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:51 pm

hahahaha!

I don't work I go broke. You work for some big company I guess? Little cog in a big machine?

cynik

Post by cynik » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:54 pm

Nope.

I fucking hate large corporations. Seriously.

But if you go broke..... and I think it noble to go broke selling homebrew, incidently....

If you go broke, why the incredulity at my comments that Aussies are taxed into the ground?

You are THIS CLOSE to getting a second yellow card for total inconsistency, dita.

Do not try my patience.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:55 pm

Pretentiousnous thy name is Sinik

cynik

Post by cynik » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:57 pm

Sure. But it seems a fair question, though.

You bag me for saying taxes are too high, then claim to be going broke.

The only rational explanation is that you are going broke because you are a fucking useless businessman and bone fucking idle.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:33 pm

Where did I say I was going broke? I said if I didn't work I would go broke. Nobody finances me but my customers sonny. (and a small amount of trade credit like any business has.)

cynik

Post by cynik » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:49 pm

I don't work I go broke.
That is what you wrote. Forgive me for taking your syntax to be an accurate representation of the screaming, slobbering clown bouncing off the internal walls of your cranium.

So now you want to make the phrase conditional? SURE! Go ahead.

And sure, make it my bad.

Sheesh. :?