Melbourne back in 6 week lockdown July 7

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Bobby

Re: Melbourne back in 6 week lockdown July 7

Post by Bobby » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:54 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:31 am
Bobby wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:58 am
Victorian Health Minister Jenny Mikakos resigns

https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 55zeo.html

Victorian Health Minister Jenny Mikakos has resigned from cabinet and the Parliament, just a day after Premier Daniel Andrews revealed she was "accountable" for the botched hotel quarantine program.

"I am disappointed that my integrity has sought to be undermined," Ms Mikakos said in a statement on Twitter.

"I know that my statement and evidence to the inquiry would have been uncomfortable for some.

"I have today written to the Governor of Victoria to resign my commissions as a Minister effective today. I will also be resigning from the Parliament."
I am pretty sure that incompetence is viewed as what it is irrespective of political persuasion. Shame it didn't happen sooner.

I wonder if Dan will take the Health Portfolio?

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:07 pm

Dan will be the new health minister -

that's my Nostradamus prediction.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:44 pm

Bobby do you reckon they will ease much of the shutdown as proposed to be announced tomorrow!

Despite all the criticism they have done very well in bringing it under control check the graph on Victoria in this link.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/covi ... irect=true

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:53 pm

Redneck wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:44 pm
Bobby do you reckon they will ease much of the shutdown as proposed to be announced tomorrow!

Despite all the criticism they have done very well in bringing it under control check the graph on Victoria in this link.

That's true but I feel that as soon as we open up the cases will skyrocket again.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:04 pm

Dan has spoken on new laws.

Fines increased to $5,000 for meeting at someones house or outside.

Curfew lifted.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:57 pm

Bobby wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:53 pm
Redneck wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:44 pm

That's true but I feel that as soon as we open up the cases will skyrocket again.
I dont necessarily agree!

If he gets it down low and keeps up the good tracing as they apparently now have there is no reason they cant keep it low like the other states

I think the problem was that Vic health had been slashed of fund for years before this, combined with the massive outbreak from the quarantine hotels at the beginning.

Interestingly on ABC Insiders today it is claimed the Vic Police didnt want to look after the quarantine,

so they are the ones that proposed the use of private security

but as the government doesnt want to upset them as they rely on them so much during this shutdown etc, everyone is dodging answering who proposed it!

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:40 pm

Premier Daniel Andrews has announced which restrictions will be lifted in Melbourne from tomorrow.

We already knew about some of the changes, such as allowing public gatherings of up to five people, and a return to on-site work for some industries.

However some of the announcements made today weren't included in the initial restrictions roadmap.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-27/ ... o/12707976

:yahoo :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:21 pm

Victoria records five new coronavirus cases
and three deaths

as Melbourne restrictions lift slightly
Posted 3hhours ago, updated 20 minutes ago

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-28/ ... s/12709402

Premier Daniel Andrews says Victoria is "so close" to being able to take a "really big step" towards COVID-normal, as the state records its lowest daily case increase in more than three months.
Key points:

Melbourne's 14-day rolling average has dropped to 20.3 from 22.1 yesterday
The next restrictions step could occur as soon as October 19 if public health advice allows
Authorities have urged Victorians to keep getting tested for COVID-19 so levels can be accurately monitored

Five new cases were recorded overnight, the state's lowest daily case increase since June 12, when four cases were recorded.

The state has also recorded three more deaths linked to aged care outbreaks: a man in his 60s, a woman in her 80s and a man in his 90s.

Melbourne's 14-day daily new case average has dropped to 20.3 from 22.1 overnight while regional Victoria's 14-day average remains at 0.6.

Mr Andrews said the state was "so, so close" close to defeating the second wave.

"We are so close to being able to take a really big step, a big step towards that COVID-normal," he said.

"What's incredibly important, and I think every Victorian knows this … is that everyone keeps following the rules, keeps doing the right thing."

Texan

Post by Texan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:55 pm

Bobby wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:21 pm
and three deaths

Premier Daniel Andrews says Victoria is "so close" to being able to take a "really big step" towards COVID-normal, as the state records its lowest daily case increase in more than three months.
Key points:

The next restrictions step could occur as soon as October 19 if public health advice allows
Authorities have urged Victorians to keep getting tested for COVID-19 so levels can be accurately monitored

Five new cases were recorded overnight, the state's lowest daily case increase since June 12, when four cases were recorded.

The state has also recorded three more deaths linked to aged care outbreaks: a man in his 60s, a woman in her 80s and a man in his 90s.

Melbourne's 14-day daily new case average has dropped to 20.3 from 22.1 overnight while regional Victoria's 14-day average remains at 0.6.

Mr Andrews said the state was "so, so close" close to defeating the second wave.

"We are so close to being able to take a really big step, a big step towards that COVID-normal," he said.

"What's incredibly important, and I think every Victorian knows this … is that everyone keeps following the rules, keeps doing the right thing."
It sounds to me like as soon as they ease up on restrictions and you get a few more cases that you will go right back to shut down mode. At some point, the shut down will be worse than the disease. Your current restrictions just kick the can down the road. My opiinion is that you should use the bought time to prepare and open up. Just keep practicing social distancing and wear a mask if you want. The goal should be to protect your vulnerable while the young and healthy stay productive and work toward herd immunity.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:13 pm

Texan wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:55 pm
Bobby wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:21 pm
and three deaths

Key points:

It sounds to me like as soon as they ease up on restrictions and you get a few more cases that you will go right back to shut down mode. At some point, the shut down will be worse than the disease. Your current restrictions just kick the can down the road. My opiinion is that you should use the bought time to prepare and open up. Just keep practicing social distancing and wear a mask if you want. The goal should be to protect your vulnerable while the young and healthy stay productive and work toward herd immunity.
Try telling Dan that.
He's mad - an airborne virus cannot be defeated.
It will keep coming back.