New virus from shithole China

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Bobby

Re: New virus from shithole China

Post by Bobby » Sun May 03, 2020 3:00 pm

brian ross wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 2:23 pm
Bobby wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:27 am
Texan wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:06 am

My house 25 miles from downtown Dallas may become more valuable in the future because of this. I'd like to move out another 20-30 miles.
Good luck with that - I hope it works.
Big cities are just wrong in terms of pandemic prevention.
They weren't designed for that purpose, Bobby. They were designed for defence against marauding armies from the next door principality. They have since developed into merchantile and business and transport and communications hubs. :roll

I know cities weren't designed with a pandemic in mind -
and that is the problem.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun May 03, 2020 3:07 pm

Solutions can only occur when problems arise.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun May 03, 2020 3:35 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 3:07 pm

We didn't learn from history.
The Spanish flu was forgotten about - 1918 to 1920.
Who knows what else is lurking out there for an even worse pandemic than Covid-19 ?
Cities need to be de centralised.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun May 03, 2020 7:32 pm

Bobby wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 3:00 pm
brian ross wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Texan wrote:

My house 25 miles from downtown Dallas may become more valuable in the future because of this. I'd like to move out another 20-30 miles.
They weren't designed for that purpose, Bobby. They were designed for defence against marauding armies from the next door principality. They have since developed into merchantile and business and transport and communications hubs. :roll
and that is the problem.
How often do pandemics roll around, bobby?
Please, lets get real. You're up against some 6,000 years of tradition of society...
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun May 03, 2020 8:58 pm

brian ross wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 7:32 pm
Bobby wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Texan wrote:

and that is the problem.
Please, lets get real. You're up against some 6,000 years of tradition of society...

How do we know there's not another one on its way right now?

Texan

Post by Texan » Sun May 03, 2020 10:47 pm

brian ross wrote:
Bobby wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Texan wrote:

and that is the problem.
Again, I'm reminding you how small the Earth has become. How many millions of people have travelled around most of the world in the last 6 months? When has the Earth had 9 billion people with about a million people per square mile in some locations to spread disease around the globe in days? How many Chinese and Indians do you personally know?

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun May 03, 2020 11:38 pm

Texan wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:47 pm
brian ross wrote:
Bobby wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Bobby wrote:

and that is the problem.
Again, I'm reminding you how small the Earth has become. How many millions of people have travelled around most of the world in the last 6 months? When has the Earth had 9 billion people with about a million people per square mile in some locations to spread disease around the globe in days? How many Chinese and Indians do you personally know?
Agreed, the Earth has shrunk. Before the pandemic, a quarter of Australia's population was usually travelling. Today? No where near that number. In 12 months? I have no idea. I know quite a few Chinese and Indians, i have no phobias (unlike many here). Do you know any?
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Texan

Post by Texan » Mon May 04, 2020 1:12 am

brian ross wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:38 pm
Texan wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Bobby wrote:
brian ross wrote:

and that is the problem.
Agreed, the Earth has shrunk. Before the pandemic, a quarter of Australia's population was usually travelling. Today? No where near that number. In 12 months? I have no idea. I know quite a few Chinese and Indians, i have no phobias (unlike many here). Do you know any?
I know a few. I went shooting with my friend Joku and the rest of my Sunday school class just yesterday. I know engineers from all over the world through work. I still have friends going to and from China for their jobs. I haven't kept up with their travels in the last 3-4 months, but Texas Instruments still has a factory running a couple of hundred miles from Wuhan. I have a cousin who retired from the Air Force as a linguist. He speaks very fluent Mandarin Chinese. He was best man in my parent's wedding in 1964.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Mon May 04, 2020 11:12 am

Texan wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 1:12 am
brian ross wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:38 pm
Texan wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Bobby wrote:

and that is the problem.
I know a few. I went shooting with my friend Joku and the rest of my Sunday school class just yesterday. I know engineers from all over the world through work. I still have friends going to and from China for their jobs. I haven't kept up with their travels in the last 3-4 months, but Texas Instruments still has a factory running a couple of hundred miles from Wuhan. I have a cousin who retired from the Air Force as a linguist. He speaks very fluent Mandarin Chinese. He was best man in my parent's wedding in 1964.
Tell me Tex...Im curious....
Before you and your "Sunday School" mates go shooting...do you all congregate around and give thanx to God
and pray that when you go forth and kill animals that you all hit your targets....
No doubt God has given you all excellent marksmanship skills.....
Or were they learned over the years...
Personally I think its laughable...a bunch of adults attending "Sunday School"...
maybe ignoring ...what was that commandment....thou shalt not kill....and then you all go shooting....
Pardon my mirth..... :rofl
Im assuming that when you say "went shooting" you are referring to wild animals...or are you just
shooting jam tins off a post....that would be a bit boring wouldn't it....
Probably more exciting to recite the 23rd psalm to each other..... :roll:
I mean...as the psalm says....find peace with the Lord...find a peaceful place....
Then go and kill some animals..... :roll:
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon May 04, 2020 11:42 am

Bobby wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 3:35 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 3:07 pm

We didn't learn from history.
The Spanish flu was forgotten about - 1918 to 1920.
Who knows what else is lurking out there for an even worse pandemic than Covid-19 ?
Cities need to be de centralised.
And in doing that we could potentially make things worse by having multiple large outbreaks which would converge into a much larger area. There's always a bigger picture Bobby.