New virus from shithole China

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
BigP

Re: New virus from shithole China

Post by BigP » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:04 pm

Redneck wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:57 pm
BigP wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:55 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:46 pm
BigP wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:45 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:36 pm
Best to plumb whilst imbibing LOL

I do some of my most creative work when pist ,,

I gave the piglets a couple of beers today and watered it down with Some liquor from the Aminita cook up , It really chilled them out lol
They have never been as friendly
Oh boy! Image
It was a couple of beers I had opened but not drank over the last couple of days, and I dont like to waste carbohydrates , lol
Your a man of my own heart BigP !! :thumb

Just cracked a Carlton Dry, first of the day!
Good on you Red, I've got a few hours head start on you, No time to waste lol

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:05 pm

BigP wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
BigP wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:

I gave the piglets a couple of beers today and watered it down with Some liquor from the Aminita cook up , It really chilled them out lol
Oh boy! Image
It was a couple of beers I had opened but not drank over the last couple of days, and I dont like to waste carbohydrates , lol
I'm more worried about the piggies on mushies! lol

BigP

Post by BigP » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:20 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:05 pm
BigP wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
BigP wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:

Oh boy! Image
I'm more worried about the piggies on mushies! lol
There are a lot of urban myths out there, one in particular that comes to mind is that privet is poisonous to goats, I have fed a lot of privet to goats before I was aware of this , goats love it, fake news is rife

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:02 pm

BigP wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:17 pm
Bobby wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:50 am
Texan wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:42 am
Bobby wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:36 am
https://www.ccn.com/shocking-new-resear ... t-rethink/

A short summary -

Coronavirus may not be a lung disease but rather a red blood cell-targeting one.

If so, a new approach to treating coronavirus patients may be needed, some doctors say.

Active usage of hydroxychloroquine could help with red blood cells boost.
I'm hearing the same thing in different terms. I've heard that the breathing problem is more of a lack of blood oxygen content than a lung problem. I've heard that the ventilators may be causing permanent lung damage at times.

I think blood transfusions with antibodies would also be effective.

I bet that Secret Service agent who got it was a volunteer with the President's blood type for transfusion purposes.

It gives hope that a cure is nearer than we think.
Dont hold your breath bobby

You're right damn it:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/13/heal ... index.html

Small chloroquine study ends early in Brazil due to deaths
A preliminary study out of Brazil on the use of chloroquine diphosophate to treat patients with Covid-19 symptoms ended early after several patients died and researchers found that a high dose of the drug was associated with a severe type of arrhythmia, or irregular heartbeat.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:24 pm

Not surprising. From everything I have read the successful pre-studies gave patients a LOW dose of hydroxychloroquine not a HIGH dose.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:52 pm

BigP wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:17 pm
brian ross wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:18 pm
Bobby wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:59 pm

George W. Bush Urged Us to Prepare for Future Pandemics in 2005 | NowThis

If we wait for a pandemic to appear, it will be too late to prepare’ — George W. Bush warned about getting ahead of something like COVID-19 way back in 2005.

In US news and current events today, listen to Pres. Bush urgently stress the importance of being prepared for a pandemic back in 2005. In this clip, Pres. George W. Bush addressed the Nat’l Institutes of Health about having a game plan to fight future pandemics. Pres. Bush was reportedly alarmed after reading a history book about the 1918 flu pandemic where millions had died. Out of that interest came a grand outline for future administrations to follow in response to a global pandemic.

Listening in the audience that day was Dr. Anthony Fauci, dir. of the Nat’l Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and current leader in the fight against COVID-19 today.
Trump's response was to ignore the danger and downplay it until it was too late. :roll :roll :roll
You are not being totally Frank Brian , Trump barred flights from China against the recommendation of the WHO, WHOM indicated it would be racist to do so at the time,

CHI,Na! As Trump calls them, are wholly responsible for this pandemic, And I feel confident that they will be made to answer for it at some time in the future,
You appear like el Presidente' Trump to blame China for supposedly deliberately creating this pandemic. I wonder how he and you, come to that conclusion. It appears to me that they like everybody were caught just as badly napping over this. Trump is on record ignoring and downplaying the whole affair from January onwards. I think we need to be realistic about this. The Virus is not his fault, nor is it the Chinese Government's fault. His reaction or rather lack of it, is his fault. No matter how he screams about supposedly Fake News, the reality is that he is on record initially ignoring it or later downplaying it.

Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:15 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:24 pm
Not surprising. From everything I have read the successful pre-studies gave patients
a LOW dose of hydroxychloroquine not a HIGH dose.
I'm very disapointed after reading that entire article.
I was hoping for a game changer as Trump intimated.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:36 pm

Bobby wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:15 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Not surprising. From everything I have read the successful pre-studies gave patients
The article said they were given a HIGH dose which goes against everything else I have read. Stop reading it Bobby!

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:44 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:36 pm
Bobby wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:15 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
The article said they were given a HIGH dose which goes against everything else I have read. Stop reading it Bobby!

They used both:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/13/heal ... index.html

For the trial, patients either received a high dose of chloroquine, at 600mg twice daily for 10 days for a total dose of 12g, or they received a low dose at 450mg for five days, twice daily only on the first day, for a total dose of 2.7g. All patients also received the antibiotics ceftriaxone and azithromycin as part of their treatment. A limitation of the study is that there were no patients receiving a placebo.

By the sixth day of the trial, the researchers halted the study after 11 patients died -- and even more deaths were counted in the study's updated data.
In the new updated version of the study that was submitted for publication, "we have 16 deaths out of 41 in the high dosage, and 6 out of 40 in the low dosage. This is significantly different," Lacerda said in the email

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:53 pm

You're only supposed to take 400 mg once a week from what I have read. Those doses are way way way higher than that. Image