New virus from shithole China

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Black Orchid

Re: New virus from shithole China

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:04 pm

The links in the comments on your page don't go anywhere. I clicked one and it took me to a religious site lol

Others called us racist. The paid Chinese trolls are apparently out in full force.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:18 pm

We've had 429 new cases since yesterday. Hundreds/thousands more our there.

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:39 pm

It's going to spread. There is no stopping it completely. We can only slow the spread enough to get a handle on keeping the sick alive. Protect your elderly. I have already told my sons to keep to themselves and avoid this. They will be fine, but their grandparents may not. I hate to put a guilt trip on them if one of their grandparents gets this mess, but they need to know the score. As the bread winner who goes out every day, I have to be extra careful and I stay away from my parents and mother in law. I'd love to go hug my mom, but it'll have to wait a while. I will do their shopping and leave it on their doorstep if needed. I live outside Dallas County in a more rural area with fewer restrictions. Once there is a treatment tested and confirmed, we can rest a little easier.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:11 pm

Texan wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:39 pm
It's going to spread. There is no stopping it completely. We can only slow the spread enough to get a handle on keeping the sick alive. Protect your elderly. I have already told my sons to keep to themselves and avoid this. They will be fine, but their grandparents may not. I hate to put a guilt trip on them if one of their grandparents gets this mess, but they need to know the score. As the bread winner who goes out every day, I have to be extra careful and I stay away from my parents and mother in law. I'd love to go hug my mom, but it'll have to wait a while. I will do their shopping and leave it on their doorstep if needed. I live outside Dallas County in a more rural area with fewer restrictions. Once there is a treatment tested and confirmed, we can rest a little easier.
Your President has just demonstrated to the world that he is an imbecile by stating he wants the USA economy
to be open and raring to go by Easter...that's 18 days away....good luck with that....
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:49 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:11 pm
Texan wrote:
Your President has just demonstrated to the world that he is an imbecile by stating he wants the USA economy
to be open and raring to go by Easter...that's 18 days away....good luck with that....
It's not a bad goal. When we get there, he can make a decision . Why take it off the table?

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:51 pm

Texan wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:49 pm
billy the kid wrote:
Texan wrote:
It's not a bad goal. When we get there, he can make a decision . Why take it off the table?

:thumb
Sorry mate, I must be living in dreamworld....or maybe Trump is.....
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:55 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Texan wrote:
I think the USA has crunched the numbers and with all the homeless, undocumented and working poor they don't have the resources to even do a slow burn.

I was listening to an economist today and they said letting the economy stagnate costs lives also in many complicated ways.

I don't agree with what trump is doing but it is a fine balancing act between shutting down the economy and saving lives or losing lives by killing the economy stone dead.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:57 pm

I don't see the problem with hoping that will be the case. A lot can happen in almost 3 weeks. It's not set in stone. They are building more temporary hospitals etc and there are pros and cons that go both ways.

Lives will be lost no matter what.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:21 pm

Gordon wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:55 pm
billy the kid wrote:
Texan wrote:
I think the USA has crunched the numbers and with all the homeless, undocumented and working poor they don't have the resources to even do a slow burn.

I was listening to an economist today and they said letting the economy stagnate costs lives also in many complicated ways.

I don't agree with what trump is doing but it is a fine balancing act between shutting down the economy and saving lives or losing lives by killing the economy stone dead.
If the economy totally tanks it will be worse than the Great Depression and many more will die. It's a tough decision and different 'experts' have differing opinions.

Armchair warriors always think they know best and are fast to criticise but it's a decision I wouldn't ever want to have to make because either way people will die.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:37 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:21 pm
Gordon wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:55 pm
billy the kid wrote:
Texan wrote:

If the economy totally tanks it will be worse than the Great Depression and many more will die. It's a tough decision and different 'experts' have differing opinions.

Armchair warriors always think they know best and are fast to criticise but it's a decision I wouldn't ever want to have to make because either way people will die.
:thumb
I dont have an election to win in November based on the state of the countries economy...