New virus from shithole China

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Black Orchid

Re: New virus from shithole China

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:31 pm

That's what I mean when I say this virus might wake us up and drastic changes will be made and things will be different heading into the future. We absolutely NEED to manufacture life saving medicals and equipment at home and thank goodness Trump is at the helm in the US and hopefully will do exactly that and then Australia will follow.

We should not be outsourcing any of this to China who are also trying to play silly buggers amidst something they started.

On a terrible note though the Aussie dollar has fallen to 55 cents :grn

BigP

Post by BigP » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:43 pm

Texan wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:07 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:33 pm
Just to add to the joy China is apparently blessing us with something else. The regime that just keeps on giving! :roll:
As the deadly coronavirus continues to spread, an outbreak of a "highly pathogenic" H5N1 bird flu has been reported in China's Hunan province.

According to China’s Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs, the outbreak occurred on a farm in the Shuangqing district of Shaoyang City.

The city is a six-hour drive from Wuhan, the centre of the deadly Coronavirus.

"The farm has 7850 chickens, and 4500 of the chickens have died from the contagion. Local authorities have culled 17,828 poultry after the outbreak," the ministry said in a statement on Saturday.

No human cases of the virus have been reported, reported the South China Morning Post.

H5N1 also known as the bird flu and avian influenza is highly infectious in birds.

According to the World Health Organisation, however, it is difficult to transmit the infection from person to person.

When the infection spreads, the mortality rate is about 60 percent.
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/20 ... vince.html
Time for a trade war. Let's quit hiring them to build our crap. I'd gladly let an ally like Canada or Australia build our stuff. It won't be as cheap as slave labor China can do, but it won't threaten national or world security and our allies will benefit. Of course, I'd like to do as much as possible in the US first. They can educate their own students and build their own technology.
""Time for a trade war. ""

Right said Fred, Time to pop a rocket up those chink asses, My general view is that this virus will change the global thinking in regards to out sourcing

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:44 pm

The Yanks don't muck around -
Trump is basically nationalising industry to fight a war
against the Coronavirus.
If it is your business you would lose control of it.
The Govt. would tell you what to do &
presumably there would be big trouble if
you didn't do what you were told.

After announcing he was invoking the act Wednesday, Trump said at the White House that he sees the country as on a wartime footing and himself as a wartime President.
"I view it -- in a sense as a wartime President."
Here's how the 1950 wartime law Trump just invoked to produce medical supplies works.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/18/poli ... index.html

The Law passed in 1950 as a response to the Korean War -- gives the government more control during emergencies to direct industrial production.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency describes the act as "the primary source of presidential authorities to expedite and expand the supply of resources from the US industrial base to support military, energy, space and homeland security programs."
Ex-General: We should have already invoked defense act

Ex-General: We should have already invoked defense act 02:12
The act will hand Trump "a broad set of authorities to influence domestic industry in the interest of national defense," according to an updated Congressional Research Service report on the act released earlier this month.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:47 pm

It's a sensible thing to produce medical supplies at home. Outsourcing to China is extremely risky and China has already threatened to withhold medical supplies to the US.

I say China can go take a hike.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:49 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:47 pm
It's a sensible thing to produce medical supplies at home. Outsourcing to China is extremely risky and China has already threatened to withhold medical supplies to the US.

It's still a hell of a step to take -
it's saying that your private business is no longer yours.

BigP

Post by BigP » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:50 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:47 pm

The only sauce that China should be making is Oyster and Soy,, :smack

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:51 pm

I believe it only extends to certain businesses in that field and the government will help them to produce medical supplies at home. It doesn't mean everyone's business is going to be taken over.

Maybe Tex can explain.

BigP

Post by BigP » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:55 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:51 pm
I believe it only extends to certain businesses in that field and the government will help them to produce medical supplies at home. It doesn't mean everyone's business is going to be taken over.

Maybe Tex can explain.
Governments need to decide what products are in the national interest , And have them manufactured at home regardless of the cost, , China threatening Americas drug life line is beyond the pale , almost an act of war

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:57 pm

BigP wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:55 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:51 pm

Maybe Tex can explain.
Governments need to decide what products are in the national interest , And have them manufactured at home regardless of the cost, , China threatening Americas drug life line is beyond the pale , almost an act of war
Couldn't agree more!

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:57 pm

There was a street corner tip a year or so ago that the next shooting war would be between
the US and China.....makes you wonder doesn't it...….
Economic wars become trade wars become shooting wars......and in between we have the China virus.....
Believe what you want to believe......
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...