Electoral College

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Black Orchid

Electoral College

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:00 am

Texan

Re: Electoral College

Post by Texan » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:26 am

The numbers were different in 1783, but that's the idea. That was the foresight and brilliance of our founding fathers.

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:52 am

Voter fraud is rampant in Democrat districts. With a popular vote, this would go directly towards electing a president. With the EC, the fraud is only regional and might not affect the EC vote count.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/08/ ... -counties/

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:53 am

Interesting counterpoint to the "Clinton got the majority vote" argument.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:15 pm

Some 3.5 million more people are registered to vote in the U.S. than are alive among America’s adult citizens. Such staggering inaccuracy is an engraved invitation to voter fraud.
I know all states are different but how does voting actually work? NOT having to show ID is absolute insanity.

Here we have an Electoral Roll and everyone eligible to vote is on the Roll. It's a paper Roll and when you go to vote they physically strike your name out with a pen and ruler, give you the ballot papers and off you go. You can tear them up or you can make your vote and then put them in the ballot box but you've been crossed off the Roll as having voted. If you aren't on the Roll you cannot vote.

It's not that hard to not be on the Roll though and even though voting here is supposedly compulsory it's only a $20 or so fine so not what I would call 'compulsory' at all.

You also have to vote within your own electorate or make an 'absentee' vote within another electorate. Same rules apply though.

My question is, if you don't already have a list of people who are eligible to vote that has been pre-scrutinised and is adhered to during the voting process how does it work? People seem to be able to vote multiple times, use the names of the dead and/or just turn up and say "here I am I want to vote" no matter who or what they are and without screening.

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:40 pm

It is insanity. Red states like Texas have ID requirements to vote. I have to produce a government ID to vote.

States like California give drivers licenses to illegal aliens and they register every driver to vote. It's insane and there is talk of nullifying California's electoral votes because they have so tainted their voter pool.

We have new birth certificate requirements on the drivers licenses of all 50 states as a requirement to pass airport screening. Since California is ignoring this requirement, they are in danger of their citizens not being allowed to fly. California is intentionally screwing up the unity of the US. They are bankrupting themselves and people like me are not in favor of bailing them out. Things are not quite to that point yet, but that's the direction it seems to be heading.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:48 pm

You need to produce an original Birth Certificate, or certified copy thereof, here for almost everything. You certainly can't obtain a driver's licence or passport without it.

I just can't wrap my head around this. I know each state governs in their own right but surely something this detrimental to national security should be mandated by federal law.

I would slice California off and push it out to sea.

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:17 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:48 pm
You need to produce an original Birth Certificate, or certified copy thereof, here for almost everything. You certainly can't obtain a driver's licence or passport without it.

I just can't wrap my head around this. I know each state governs in their own right but surely something this detrimental to national security should be mandated by federal law.

I would slice California off and push it out to sea.
That's why we often joke about nuking the San Andrea's fault that runs along California's Eastern border.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:13 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:00 am
Errr, Clinton won nearly 2.5 million more votes than than Trump. This is "fake news". Just bullshit put out by the Trumpites. Tsk, tsk. Of course you believe it without checking the facts. :roll: :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:04 pm

brian ross wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:13 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:00 am
Errr, Clinton won nearly 2.5 million more votes than than Trump. This is "fake news". Just bullshit put out by the Trumpites. Tsk, tsk. Of course you believe it without checking the facts. :roll: :roll:
It says that Brian maybe you should put your glasses on. :thumb