Bushfires

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Black Orchid

Re: Bushfires

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:30 pm

I look at the news and weather first thing in the morning, while having breakfast, and the weather said RAIN today. I thought "that's weird there was no sign of it yesterday on the map" but remained hopeful.

A couple of hours later I came back and had another look and the rain symbol was gone and replaced with a big yellow sun. Very disappointing.

That's the second time in a week they have done that on Google.

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:38 pm

See the forecast for tomorrow? Suck it, Western Sydney. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Places such as Richmond are expected to reach more than 45 degrees, while popular coastal spots such as Bondi are not expected to exceed 30C.

https://www.smh.com.au/environment/weat ... 53onw.html

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:43 pm

I heard it was going to be 35 on the coast?

I used to live on 5 acres at Kenthurst/Dural and I loved it out there but I could never live there again now because I would never leave the air conditioning in the house in summer. Great place to live but it gets hot there too. I am often 15 degrees cooler now.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:47 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:44 pm
brian ross wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:35 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:50 pm
I'm a dictator because I didn't post one link?
No, your a dictator 'cause of your attitude towards anybody who has an opinion different to your own, Black Orchid.

One link is excusable. Two links look a lot like carelessness. :roll
Being called a dictator by two of the most controlling people here, who constantly want to ban and/or suppress what other posters say, is like being given a badge of honour and the opposite of your suppositions so thank you. :thumb

Now perhaps we can get this topic back on track it is about the BUSH FIRES not me!
Where have I ever called for someone to be banned, Black Orchid?

Where have I ever been "controlling"?

Black Orchid, you appear to read a lot more than what is actually posted here. Tsk, tsk. :roll
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:52 pm

brian ross wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:47 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
No, your a dictator 'cause of your attitude towards anybody who has an opinion different to your own, Black Orchid.

Being called a dictator by two of the most controlling people here, who constantly want to ban and/or suppress what other posters say, is like being given a badge of honour and the opposite of your suppositions so thank you. :thumb

Now perhaps we can get this topic back on track it is about the BUSH FIRES not me!

Black Orchid, you appear to read a lot more than what is actually posted here. Tsk, tsk. :roll
You really want to go there Brian?

I suggest you STFU or take your gripes to the Playground where they belong.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:52 am

This video was sent to me by an American friend who received it from another Aussie. No idea who the bloke is but it is all about the bushfires, etc. Doing the rounds, apparently. The end is nigh! :roll:

cods

Post by cods » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:33 am

probably by someone pushing the CLIMATE CHANGE agenda nef...

if they think a bit of fire will be the end of a country well known for its FIRE....

then they are paddling in the wrong boat.. :rofl

did they mention an awful lot of these fires are lit by MANKIND....you know the same people
responsible for CLIMATE CHANGE....funny they never get a mention at times like this..

I wonder what our situation would have been had NO PIROMANIACS taken part.....

perhaps if we find a way to deal with these maniacs...the future will be different...

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:00 am

cods wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:33 am
probably by someone pushing the CLIMATE CHANGE agenda nef...

if they think a bit of fire will be the end of a country well known for its FIRE....

then they are paddling in the wrong boat.. :rofl

did they mention an awful lot of these fires are lit by MANKIND....you know the same people
responsible for CLIMATE CHANGE....funny they never get a mention at times like this..

I wonder what our situation would have been had NO PIROMANIACS taken part.....

perhaps if we find a way to deal with these maniacs...the future will be different...
Not sure how many are piromaniacs cods

Common causes are:-
Cigarette Buts
Power lines arcing during strong winds
Farmers burning off
Camp fires getting out of control
RFS back burns getting out of control
Sparks from tools a such as angle grinders and welders
Sparks from farm machinery
Dry Lightning Strikes

One that is common and should be regarded as piromaniacs

Stolen Cars abandonded and set alight probably after a crime

Of course some are deliberately lit, Interestingly I have noticed on several occasions by RFS members who have been caught and charged.

Teenagers often show up as fire lighters as well and should be trialed as adults in my opinion.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:52 am

Arson, mischief and recklessness: 87 per cent of fires are man-made

There are, on average, 62,000 fires in Australia every year. Only a very small number strike far from populated areas and satellite studies tell us that lightning is responsible for only 13 per cent. Not so the current fires threatening to engulf Queensland and NSW. There were no lightning strikes on most of the days when the fires first started in September. Although there have been since, these fires – joining up to create a new form of mega-fire – are almost all man-made.

A 2015 satellite analysis of 113,000 fires from 1997-2009 confirmed what we had known for some time – 40 per cent of fires are deliberately lit, another 47 per cent accidental. This generally matches previous data published a decade earlier that about half of all fires were suspected or deliberate arson, and 37 per cent accidental. Combined, they reach the same conclusion: 87 per cent are man-made. .................
https://www.smh.com.au/national/arson-m ... 53bcl.html
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Texan

Post by Texan » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:29 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:52 pm
brian ross wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:47 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:

You really want to go there Brian?

I suggest you STFU or take your gripes to the Playground where they belong.
I have a request. Can you add "tsk" to a banned word list filter?