The impeachment inquiry

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
sprintcyclist

Re: The impeachment inquiry

Post by sprintcyclist » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:26 pm

Bogan wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:07 am

................ “Did you watch the hearings? They didn’t present any evidence. It was all speculation and hearsay. There’s nothing there,” said Mike Ostafin, who lives in rural Ceresco, Michigan. Battle Creek resident Tim Stemaly labelled the Democrats’ case “garbage”. “None of it is real. It’s all made up, and the American people can see through the Democrats’ lies,” he said. “There’s plenty of evidence against Biden, but no one is looking into that.”

Similarly, Julie Mayer, who lives in nearby Vicksburg, said she didn’t witness the presentation of a solid case for impeachment but “a lot of opinions and feelings – not enough facts.” “I’m a researcher, and I haven’t found any facts. I’m always searching for truth and I don’t see it here,” she said.

I sense the democrats have given a very poor account of themselves, at best.
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:57 pm

I watched and it was a farce. Only witnesses the Dems approved and, even then, Schiff kept interrupting the Repubs time and all but instructed some of the witnesses what to say.

When they brought in the 'professors' it turned into another opinion based hate show.

Now Pelosi is demanding a fair trial :rofl

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:31 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:57 pm
I watched and it was a farce. Only witnesses the Dems approved and, even then, Schiff kept interrupting the Repubs time and all but instructed some of the witnesses what to say.

When they brought in the 'professors' it turned into another opinion based hate show.

I read the democrats had week to prepare their questions.
the republics were given 15 minutes

this is going so badly against the democrats.
they have attempted a political hatchet job against a President that is making huge benefits for America.

they are hindering the USA and adding nothing to it.
they are so arrogant, they do not even realise this.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:05 pm

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:21 pm

brian ross wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:26 pm
Nom De Plume wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:46 pm
Bogan wrote:
For the first time in history, The Guardian gets it right.

The Guardian 20/12/2019

Despite Donald Trump becoming only the third President in American history to be impeached the mood among his supporters at a defiant rally in Battle Creek, Michigan, was upbeat in the face of what conventional wisdom would once have seen as a devastating political blow.

Trump supporters said they were upset with Democrats – not their President – and characterized the impeachment process as designed to overturn Trump’s win in the 2016 election. But they also said there’s a clear backlash to the proceedings that’s benefiting Trump and all but sealing his re-election bid.

Thus, as America watched the impeachment of Trump unfold on television, the mood among many attendants at the rally in Battle Creek rally was almost celebratory. “The Democrats are crazy and this is only helping Trump,” said Battle Creek resident Perry Wright. “They can keep trying and trying, but they’re only going to lose the House before it’s done. I hear the Democrats are wearing black because they’re at their own funeral.”

That sentiment was echoed by Laurie Boyd, who lives in nearby Galesburg. She said the impeachment process – which showed Trump sought to strong-arm Ukraine into investigating a political rival – didn’t persuade her and was just “firing up” the President’s base. “We were kind of quiet when it started, and now we’re getting louder,” she said. Her husband, Stephen, added that people are “starting to see corruption not on the president’s side, but on the side of his accusers”.

Impeachment appears to have done nothing to erode the support of his fervent base. Rally goers said the transcripts, months of hearings and Democrats’ televised presentation of their case.

“Did you watch the hearings? They didn’t present any evidence. It was all speculation and hearsay. There’s nothing there,” said Mike Ostafin, who lives in rural Ceresco, Michigan. Battle Creek resident Tim Stemaly labelled the Democrats’ case “garbage”. “None of it is real. It’s all made up, and the American people can see through the Democrats’ lies,” he said. “There’s plenty of evidence against Biden, but no one is looking into that.”

Similarly, Julie Mayer, who lives in nearby Vicksburg, said she didn’t witness the presentation of a solid case for impeachment but “a lot of opinions and feelings – not enough facts.” “I’m a researcher, and I haven’t found any facts. I’m always searching for truth and I don’t see it here,” she said.

All of those who spoke with The Guardian said in some terms that they viewed the impeachment inquiry as an attempt to reverse the results of the 2016 election.
No darlin' it is the first time in history that you have agreed with the Guardian… you wannabe leftie you. :lol:
Oh, dear, Bogan will hate you for that comment, Nom. :rofl :rofl
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:24 pm

brian ross wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:26 pm
Nom De Plume wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:46 pm
Bogan wrote:
For the first time in history, The Guardian gets it right.

The Guardian 20/12/2019

Despite Donald Trump becoming only the third President in American history to be impeached the mood among his supporters at a defiant rally in Battle Creek, Michigan, was upbeat in the face of what conventional wisdom would once have seen as a devastating political blow.

Trump supporters said they were upset with Democrats – not their President – and characterized the impeachment process as designed to overturn Trump’s win in the 2016 election. But they also said there’s a clear backlash to the proceedings that’s benefiting Trump and all but sealing his re-election bid.

Thus, as America watched the impeachment of Trump unfold on television, the mood among many attendants at the rally in Battle Creek rally was almost celebratory. “The Democrats are crazy and this is only helping Trump,” said Battle Creek resident Perry Wright. “They can keep trying and trying, but they’re only going to lose the House before it’s done. I hear the Democrats are wearing black because they’re at their own funeral.”

That sentiment was echoed by Laurie Boyd, who lives in nearby Galesburg. She said the impeachment process – which showed Trump sought to strong-arm Ukraine into investigating a political rival – didn’t persuade her and was just “firing up” the President’s base. “We were kind of quiet when it started, and now we’re getting louder,” she said. Her husband, Stephen, added that people are “starting to see corruption not on the president’s side, but on the side of his accusers”.

Impeachment appears to have done nothing to erode the support of his fervent base. Rally goers said the transcripts, months of hearings and Democrats’ televised presentation of their case.

“Did you watch the hearings? They didn’t present any evidence. It was all speculation and hearsay. There’s nothing there,” said Mike Ostafin, who lives in rural Ceresco, Michigan. Battle Creek resident Tim Stemaly labelled the Democrats’ case “garbage”. “None of it is real. It’s all made up, and the American people can see through the Democrats’ lies,” he said. “There’s plenty of evidence against Biden, but no one is looking into that.”

All of those who spoke with The Guardian said in some terms that they viewed the impeachment inquiry as an attempt to reverse the results of the 2016 election.
No darlin' it is the first time in history that you have agreed with the Guardian… you wannabe leftie you. :lol:
Oh, dear, Bogan will hate you for that comment, Nom. :rofl :rofl
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:46 am

brian ross wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:45 pm
The4thEstate wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:37 am
brian ross wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:32 am
I wonder if the Republicans realise that if Trump is forced to resign, Pence the VP then takes over as el Presidente? :roll
How could Trump possibly be forced to resign?

There's no way two-thirds of the Senate will vote him out, plus he has the full support of his own party, as evidenced by the House vote.

And if anyone wants to bet that he'll kowtow to the Democrats' demands and voluntarily leave office, I'll bet any amount of money that he won't.
Not suggesting he will resign BUT if he is made to resign or decides to resign himself, what is lost really? Trump is just a man, nothing more. :roll
So were Winston Churchill, Martin Luther King, George Washington and Mahatma Gandhi.

Doesn't matter whether or not Trump will be similarly remembered by historians. He's the leader that the U.S. needs right now, implementing America-first policies that contrast those of globalists like Obama, who preferred to sell us out to international bureaucracies like the U.N.
Not to mention kowtowing to China on trade.

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:50 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:57 pm

The professors were the biggest joke, since they were only offering opinions, not testifying to anything they had first-hand knowledge of.

Of course, that describes nearly everyone who testified for the Democrats, including the State Department bureaucrats who seemed to think a duly elected president has no right to hire and fire diplomats and set international policy.

Because ... "We've always done it that way!"

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:57 pm

Next to Trump, my favourite US politician is former DA Trey Gowdy, who said that he hoped that the Dems would use the constitutional lawyers to testify ion front of the Senate, as all they would do was "put everybody to sleep."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds6iur0EdxI

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:02 pm

Bogan wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:57 pm
Next to Trump, my favourite US politician is former DA Trey Gowdy, who said that he hoped that the Dems would use the constitutional lawyers to testify ion front of the Senate, as all they would do was "put everybody to sleep."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds6iur0EdxI
Yes, Trey Gowdy is very good. Incisive.
Imagine facing him in court ............