brian ross wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:28 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:43 pm
billy the kid wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:32 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:30 pm
Are you betting on Hillary stampeding the clown car or actually beating Trump?
I think if the economy weakens Hillary will beat Trump.....but no other Democrat candidate will....
Hell will freeze over before Hillary can beat Trump imo but she isn't even a candidate unless she manages to storm in at the eleventh hour and I am not sure if she can do that.
When one realises that Hillary did actually beat Trump in the popular election to the tune of nearly 3 million more votes, your idea that she couldn't repeat that is rather strange Black Orchid. What people always forget is that Trump lost the popular election but won the Electoral College election.

As for Hillary running, I doubt it. She is simply the bogeywoman that the Republicans and the Trumpites like to trot out to scare their base with. As far as I am aware, she has no intention of running in this election. She is rather old, at 73, which would tell against her. She can still nominate for the first primary though, which she could win.

Trump is on the nose in the US. He has been boo'ed twice now. Once at the World Series game and once at the UFC championship. He hasn't taken either well by most accounts.
Crowds always boo politicians at sporting events -- it's an American thing.
Don't fool yourself, 4E. It is a worldwide thing. However, Trump doesn't handle it well. :roll:
But have you seen the size of the crowds that Trump draws wherever he holds a rally? They fill arenas and leave thousands waiting outside the door.
I know he pays people to attend his Rallies, 4E. His rallies often have empty seats as well, which are not shown on the broadcasts.
Hillary could never attract that many on her best day. And nowadays her best days are far behind her.
That is your opinion, 4E and we realise just how biased you are.
I suspect the Trump campaign would like nothing better than to see Granny Pantsuit waddle back onto the campaign trail.
I suspect that Trump is terrified of her. She got nearly three million more votes than he did. :thumb
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Re: The impeachment inquiry

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:24 pm

A key Democratic witness against Trump admitted in congressional testimony last month that he was not part of the July 25 phone call between the U.S. and Ukrainian presidents, that he didn’t see a transcript or readout of it until late September when it was declassified and released, and that he has never even spoken to President Donald Trump.

William Taylor, the charge d’affairs of the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv, Ukraine, told lawmakers in secret testimony two weeks ago that his opinions about an alleged quid pro quo demanded by Trump were formed largely from conversations with anti-Trump staffers within the diplomatic bureaucracy.

He also admitted he had never spoken to Mick Mulvaney, Trump’s chief of staff.

When asked who exactly he had spoken to about the brouhaha, Taylor confirmed that his only contacts about the matter were with John Bolton, the former national security adviser who was fired by Trump, Fiona Hill, Alexander Vindman, and Tim Morrison. Both Hill and Vindman are rumored to have been sources for the so-called whistleblower who filed a complaint against Trump in August.

Taylor also testified that his knowledge of the phone call between Trump and Ukrainian president Volodymr Zelensky wasn’t first-hand knowledge.

“And this isn’t firsthand. It’s not secondhand. It’s not thirdhand,” Rep. Lee Zeldin, R-N.Y., said to Taylor. “But if I understand this correctly, you’re telling us that Tim Morrison told you that Ambassador Sondland told him that the president told Ambassador Sondland that Zelensky would have to open an investigation into Biden?”

“That’s correct,” Taylor admitted.

Zeldin noted that the only reference to Democratic presidential candidate and former Vice President Joe Biden in Taylor’s opening statement stemmed from that convoluted game of telephone. The New York lawmaker hammered Taylor for relying on third-hand information about the state of mind of an elected official to whom he had never spoken.

“So do you have any other source that the president’s goal in making this request was anything other than The New York Times?” Zeldin asked.

“I have not talked to the president,” Taylor said. “I have no other information from what the president was thinking.”

Under questioning from Rep. John Ratcliffe, R-Texas, Taylor also testified that the Ukrainian government wasn’t aware U.S. military funding had been temporarily suspended until late August, and then only after the information was leaked to the news media, meaning an alleged quid pro quo would have been impossible.

“So, if nobody in the Ukrainian government is aware of a military hold at the time of the Trump-Zelensky call, then, as a matter of law and as a matter of fact, there can be no quid pro quo, based on military aid,” Ratcliffe, a former federal prosecutor, said. “I just want to be real clear that, again, as of July 25th, you have no knowledge of a quid pro quo involving military aid.”

“July 25th is a week after the hold was put on the security assistance,” Taylor testified. “And July 25th, they had a conversation between the two presidents, where it was not discussed.”

“And to your knowledge, nobody in the Ukrainian government was aware of the hold?” Ratcliffe asked.

“That is correct,” Taylor responded.

Taylor also testified that he didn’t see any official readout of the July 25 phone call until it was declassified and released by Trump in late September.

“I did not see any official readout of the call until it was publicly released on September 25th,” he said.
https://thefederalist.com/2019/11/06/te ... X4.twitter

:rofl

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:25 pm

The Dems star witness is a big fat DUD! What a joke this is.

LearJet

Post by LearJet » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:06 pm

brian ross wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:54 pm
I suspect the Trump campaign would like nothing better than to see Granny Pantsuit waddle back onto the campaign trail.
I suspect that Trump is terrified of her. She got nearly three million more votes than he did. :thumb

....................................Image

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:16 am

Bogan wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:49 pm
NDP wrote

Yes, I am ageist!
And like Brian Ross, I am a racist. That makes us even.
:giggle
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:34 am

The4thEstate wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:43 am
brian ross wrote:
Don't fool yourself, 4E. It is a worldwide thing. However, Trump doesn't handle it well. :roll:
So if that's true, why do you consider it a big deal when it happens to Trump?
The4thEstate wrote:
But have you seen the size of the crowds that Trump draws wherever he holds a rally? They fill arenas and leave thousands waiting outside the door.
brian ross wrote:
I know he pays people to attend his Rallies, 4E.
Yeah right, I'm sure you have evidence to prove that.

Unlike you, I've actually been outside one of his rallies, and there were thousands of people who weren't able to get in. He certainly didn't have to pay them to show up.
brian ross wrote:
His rallies often have empty seats as well, which are not shown on the broadcasts.
Maybe a few here and there, but tell me which Democrat candidate draws bigger crowds. Some of them would be happy to fill a McDonald's.
The4thEstate wrote:
Hillary could never attract that many on her best day. And nowadays her best days are far behind her.
brian ross wrote:
And we all know how unbiased you are, right?

Again, prove me wrong. Show me a time when Hillary ever packed an arena of 17,500, as Trump did in Cincinnati recently. Do you really think that many people routinely show up for her book signings?
The4thEstate wrote:
brian ross wrote:
So what if she received more votes? That's like saying, "Sure, your basketball team beat my team to win the Olympic gold medal, but my guys had the most rebounds!"

The American presidency has always been determined by the electoral college, not the total vote count. That what what shaped the winning strategy that Trump pursued, whereas Hillary didn't even bother to visit Wisconsin.

BigP

Post by BigP » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:56 am

Nom De Plume wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:16 am
Bogan wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:49 pm
NDP wrote

Yes, I am ageist!
And like Brian Ross, I am a racist. That makes us even.
:giggle
Being a Bogan hes more likely to be a rapist than a racist :smack

BigP

Post by BigP » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:57 am

The4thEstate wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:34 am
The4thEstate wrote:
brian ross wrote:
So if that's true, why do you consider it a big deal when it happens to Trump?
The4thEstate wrote:
brian ross wrote:
I know he pays people to attend his Rallies, 4E.
Yeah right, I'm sure you have evidence to prove that.

Unlike you, I've actually been outside one of his rallies, and there were thousands of people who weren't able to get in. He certainly didn't have to pay them to show up.
brian ross wrote:
His rallies often have empty seats as well, which are not shown on the broadcasts.
Maybe a few here and there, but tell me which Democrat candidate draws bigger crowds. Some of them would be happy to fill a McDonald's.
The4thEstate wrote:
brian ross wrote:
And we all know how unbiased you are, right?

Again, prove me wrong. Show me a time when Hillary ever packed an arena of 17,500, as Trump did in Cincinnati recently. Do you really think that many people routinely show up for her book signings?
The4thEstate wrote:
brian ross wrote:
So what if she received more votes? That's like saying, "Sure, your basketball team beat my team to win the Olympic gold medal, but my guys had the most rebounds!"

The American presidency has always been determined by the electoral college, not the total vote count. That what what shaped the winning strategy that Trump pursued, whereas Hillary didn't even bother to visit Wisconsin.
Hillary read to may polls, she thought she had it in the bag, then :OMG :WTF :oops

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:37 am

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:39 am

Impeachment Hearing Day 1

[youtube]http://youtu.be/3rmjO-W2Hm8[/youtube]