The bullshit thread

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
billy the kid

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by billy the kid » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:22 pm

https://www.9news.com.au/national/chris ... 760f0a2ee3

This is just fkn bullshit....what right has a local government council to bin Chrismas Carols because its too religious...
This is wrong...totally wrong....
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:30 pm

I had to look up where Mitcham is. It looks like Adelaide is catching up to Sydney and Melbourne in these things.

Wally Raffles

Post by Wally Raffles » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:53 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:22 pm

This is just fkn bullshit....what right has a local government council to bin Chrismas Carols because its too religious...
July has no religious relevance so I do not see any problem.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:11 pm

Wally Raffles wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:53 pm
billy the kid wrote:

I cant see any logic in your comment. The Council, in advance, has made a decision to bin Xmas Carols.
I wouldnt be surprised if they do a backflip at tonites meeting due to public backlash.
The entire point of my comment was that, irrespective of when the decision is made, Councils
who decide to ban Xmas Carols because they are "too religious" are overstepping their authority.
The decision because they are "too religious" smacks of pandering to islamic pressures...
It wasnt that long ago that we were being told by our bureacrats not to say Merry Xmas but in'lieu
we should say Happy Holidays....as it might upset a certain section of the community.
Perhaps you should consider the "too religious" part of the decision, rather than the month
in which the decision was made...
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:44 pm

Mitcham Council has decided to "bin Christmas Carols" 'cause their major sponsor of the even, "Carols by Candlelight" has pulled out and the council alone cannot afford the cost of the event. No religious persecution - they are just answering the perceived lack of religion in Australian society. :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:56 pm

https://www.9news.com.au/videos/mitcham ... qlkrcs070n

Well, this seems to contradict the opinion of the resident moron...and this...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... gious.html

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:05 pm

It's not about the money as the grinch Councillor who is trying to can Christmas in July wants to replace it with a multicultural festival. Perhaps it would please the wet blankets if it were replaced with a trannie festival :roll:

It's for kids. Let kids be kids and keep the PC nonsense where it belongs.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:13 pm

Wally Raffles wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:53 pm
billy the kid wrote:

My apologies Wally...I was originally under the impression that the decision was for Xmas Carols at Xmas....
Xmas Carols in July...that confuses me...

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:16 pm

Christmas in July gives people a chance to have bon fires and eat hot meals and drink hot drinks. Everything Christmas is traditionally depicted in the northern hemisphere cold whilst we sit around sweltering. We have been doing it for decades and if it makes people happy to rug up and sing Christmas carols I have no problem with it. Why not?

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:26 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:16 pm
Christmas in July gives people a chance to have bon fires and eat hot meals and drink hot drinks. Everything Christmas is traditionally depicted in the northern hemisphere cold whilst we sit around sweltering. We have been doing it for decades and if it makes people happy to rug up and sing Christmas carols I have no problem with it. Why not?
I have no knowledge of the background of the event...and I agree if its been so successful...continue it rather than can it....
I noticed that the very same Council has increased rates this year quite substantially, but still budgets
$12000 for their own Council staff Christmas Party...obviously money is no problem....in some areas.....
Its all a bit hypocritical in my opinion, particularly when they come out and suggest a "multicultural event" in lieu...
Sticking out like dogs balls they are canning the event for a specific reason......