Re: US and Iran

Post by The4thEstate » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:27 pm

brian ross wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:42 am
The4thEstate wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:27 am
brian ross wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:29 pm
Trump couldn't find his own arse with a map and both hands. He has effectively no military experience and no understanding of military conditions in the Gulf region.
Why, of course! That's why ISIS and its caliphate are so much stronger now than they were under Barack "Mad Dog" Obama.
And Trumps input on military strategy was to withdraw US forces from Syria before Daesh was fully defeated, now wasn't it, 4E? Trump had bugger all to do with Daesh's defeat that was basically down to the Iraqis and Kurds. As I said, he wouldn't know his arse with a map and both hands. :roll:
Oh of course, tell me all about how the Iraqis and Kurds did the heavy lifting against ISIS while the Yanks sat on the sidelines and played video games.

Funny how those same Iraqis and Kurds never overcame ISIS while Barack "JV team" Obama was president, isn't it? But I'm sure that's just a crazy coincidence!

Sheesh, Brian, even lefty Newsweek -- whose editor once said Obama was "sort of God" -- acknowledged what a game changer the Trump presidency was against ISIS. To wit, this blunt assessment:
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-really-b ... sed-664844

President Donald Trump pledged on the campaign trail to "bomb the shit" out of the Islamic State militant group (ISIS) in Iraq and Syria, and new figures reveal that he is doing just that. The United States-led coalition dropped more than 5,000 bombs on the group's positions in August.

"Coalition airpower continued its annihilation of ISIS, releasing more than 5,075 weapons, the most of any month in the three-year campaign to defeat ISIS," the figures released by the U.S. Air Forces Central Command showed.

But again, I'm sure it's just coincidence that the ISIS caliphate started shrinking at the exact time Trump was giving the jihadists a proper introduction. If only Trump was half the Commander-in-Chief that Obama was, with his West Point education and battlefield experience!

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:49 pm

The4thEstate wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:01 am
Here ya go, hotshot. Tell me again what wonderful people the Iranians are.
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/ ... ges-217709
But the photos and videos violate articles 13 and 17 of the Geneva Convention, according to Michael Pregent, an adjunct fellow at the Hudson Institute and retired military officer.

“You’re not supposed to take photos to be used in propaganda media,” Pregent told POLITICO in a phone interview Wednesday. “You look at what they released this morning. They have a video of them boarding the ship, Americans on their knees with their hands behind their head, videotaping them as if that’s amusing. That’s a violation of the Geneva Convention."
You ARE familiar with the Geneva Convention, yes? I mean ... like, it's not an annual gathering of Swiss Shriners.
FLEKTARN wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:08 am
Yes, it's good that you mentioned the "Geneva Convention"... Let's talk about Agent Orange used in Vietnam. Let's talk about this, Jew. I can talk about the Geneva Convention for a whole day.
"Jew"??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Gee, Adolf, did you mistake me for BIbi Netanyahu?

Speaking of witless, you just took the trophy!

And what exactly does Vietnam have to do with Iran? Come on, Flekkie boy, tame that ADD and try to stay on topic for at least the next 30 seconds. Here, this should help -- your brain (or what passes for it) is more than 3,000 miles off topic. Go ahead and click; there's a cool map and everything! https://www.distance.to/Tehran/Hanoi

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:54 pm

FLEKTARN wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:47 am
Without Russia's support, the Kurds would've failed. They got stronger and stronger as the Russian bombs pounded the American backed Jihadis. Yeah, that's right. ISIS's arsenal included: Bushmaster XM-15s, M16s and M4A1s. Go wonder where they got them.
The AMERICAN-BACKED JIHADIS???

Dude, maybe the news hasn't reached your crawl space, but ISIS seized many of the weapons the U.S.-based Iraqis and other groups had. That's where they got their American weapons. SHAZAM ... end of your mind-boggling mystery!

Here, read and be enlightened:
https://foreignpolicy.com/2016/06/29/th ... ia-rebels/

Whew ... I'm starting to see what I'm dealing with here.

The kind of guy who, if I encountered him on a downtown city street, he'd be reeking of week-old booze, sitting on a sidewalk grate, and screaming at the top of his lungs that space aliens had taken over the city.

Kind of a "back slowly away and don't turn your back" moment.

FLEKTARN

Post by FLEKTARN » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:08 am

The4thEstate wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:49 pm
The4thEstate wrote:
But the photos and videos violate articles 13 and 17 of the Geneva Convention, according to Michael Pregent, an adjunct fellow at the Hudson Institute and retired military officer.

“You’re not supposed to take photos to be used in propaganda media,” Pregent told POLITICO in a phone interview Wednesday. “You look at what they released this morning. They have a video of them boarding the ship, Americans on their knees with their hands behind their head, videotaping them as if that’s amusing. That’s a violation of the Geneva Convention."
You ARE familiar with the Geneva Convention, yes? I mean ... like, it's not an annual gathering of Swiss Shriners.
FLEKTARN wrote:
Yes, it's good that you mentioned the "Geneva Convention"... Let's talk about Agent Orange used in Vietnam. Let's talk about this, Jew. I can talk about the Geneva Convention for a whole day.

And what exactly does Vietnam have to do with Iran? Come on, Flekkie boy, tame that ADD and try to stay on topic for at least the next 30 seconds. Here, this should help -- your brain (or what passes for it) is more than 3,000 miles off topic. Go ahead and click; there's a cool map and everything! https://www.distance.to/Tehran/Hanoi
What does it have to do with Iran? You brought the Geneva Convention up, you ginger daft :S .
The one that says the least can often have a very different perspective and hold the answer. The least qualified person may hold the most wisdom. When you don’t have knowledge or experience blocking your perspective, you can see problems and solutions.

FLEKTARN

Post by FLEKTARN » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:10 am

The4thEstate wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:54 pm
FLEKTARN wrote:
Without Russia's support, the Kurds would've failed. They got stronger and stronger as the Russian bombs pounded the American backed Jihadis. Yeah, that's right. ISIS's arsenal included: Bushmaster XM-15s, M16s and M4A1s. Go wonder where they got them.

Dude, maybe the news hasn't reached your crawl space, but ISIS seized many of the weapons the U.S.-based Iraqis and other groups had. That's where they got their American weapons. SHAZAM ... end of your mind-boggling mystery!

The kind of guy who, if I encountered him on a downtown city street, he'd be reeking of week-old booze, sitting on a sidewalk grate, and screaming at the top of his lungs that space aliens had taken over the city.

You ginger Jew...read this, you Jew:

The CIA first aligned itself with extremist Islam during the Cold War era. Back then, America saw the world in rather simple terms: on one side, the Soviet Union and Third World nationalism, which America regarded as a Soviet tool; on the other side, Western nations and militant political Islam, which America considered an ally in the struggle against the Soviet Union.

The CIA gave birth to Osama Bin Laden and breastfed his organization during the 1980’s. Former British Foreign Secretary, Robin Cook, told the House of Commons that Al Qaeda was unquestionably a product of Western intelligence agencies. Mr. Cook explained that Al Qaeda, which literally means an abbreviation of “the database” in Arabic, was originally the computer database of the thousands of Islamist extremists, who were trained by the CIA and funded by the Saudis, in order to defeat the Russians in Afghanistan.

America’s relationship with Al Qaeda has always been a love-hate affair. Depending on whether a particular Al Qaeda terrorist group in a given region furthers American interests or not, the U.S. State Department either funds or aggressively targets that terrorist group. Even as American foreign policy makers claim to oppose Muslim extremism, they knowingly foment it as a weapon of foreign policy.
The one that says the least can often have a very different perspective and hold the answer. The least qualified person may hold the most wisdom. When you don’t have knowledge or experience blocking your perspective, you can see problems and solutions.

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:49 am

FLEKTARN wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:08 am
The4thEstate wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:49 pm
The4thEstate wrote:

FLEKTARN wrote:

What does it have to do with Iran? You brought the Geneva Convention up, you ginger daft :S .
In regard to Iran, yes. What's your point?

You're the one who's delivering a performance of the Woodstock Nostalgia Society. News flash: It's not the 1970s anymore.

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:51 am

FLEKTARN wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:10 am
The4thEstate wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:54 pm
FLEKTARN wrote:

You ginger Jew...read this, you Jew:

The CIA first aligned itself with extremist Islam during the Cold War era. Back then, America saw the world in rather simple terms: on one side, the Soviet Union and Third World nationalism, which America regarded as a Soviet tool; on the other side, Western nations and militant political Islam, which America considered an ally in the struggle against the Soviet Union.

The CIA gave birth to Osama Bin Laden and breastfed his organization during the 1980’s. Former British Foreign Secretary, Robin Cook, told the House of Commons that Al Qaeda was unquestionably a product of Western intelligence agencies. Mr. Cook explained that Al Qaeda, which literally means an abbreviation of “the database” in Arabic, was originally the computer database of the thousands of Islamist extremists, who were trained by the CIA and funded by the Saudis, in order to defeat the Russians in Afghanistan.

America’s relationship with Al Qaeda has always been a love-hate affair. Depending on whether a particular Al Qaeda terrorist group in a given region furthers American interests or not, the U.S. State Department either funds or aggressively targets that terrorist group. Even as American foreign policy makers claim to oppose Muslim extremism, they knowingly foment it as a weapon of foreign policy.
"Ginger Jew"?? Sorry, Adolf, I have no idea whom you're talking to, but that doesn't describe me.

You're a pathetically amusing little man who can't even get his ethnic slurs right. In fact, you're not even smart enough to provide the link to that dreck you just quoted. Not that I bothered to read it.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:02 pm

While national security experts will debate the merits of the Iran nuclear deal negotiated by the Obama administration for years to come, one thing is clear: the pact always ensured Washington and Tehran were headed towards a nuclear crisis. The only question was when it would happen—not if.

And none of that is President Trump’s fault. In fact, we can thank President Obama for this growing international crisis – one that could even balloon into a shooting war.

The devil is in the details of the deal itself. How it was structured, and the items that were omitted, by President Obama, Ben Rhodes and their allies, ultimately sowed the seeds of its own self-destruction.

History will show that it was President Obama’s band-aid approach to foreign policy that deserved the credit for this disaster.
More at https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/harry-k ... umps-fault

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:29 pm

Fox News? Fox Rubbish. :roll: :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:22 pm

brian ross wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:29 pm
Fox News? Fox Rubbish. :roll: :roll: