At the Movies...

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Black Orchid

Re: At the Movies...

Post by Black Orchid » Mon May 23, 2016 10:53 am

AiA in Atlanta wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:I saw The Witch last week. I was very disappointed. I could barely hear and/or understand what Ralph Ineson was saying throughout most of the movie. I wanted to strangle the annoying little girl and found the whole thing quite dull.

The Witch is a well-regarded movie. But if you don't enjoy psychological horror along the lines of The Shining then it probably isn't for you.
See it first and then comment. I doubt you will be awed by it.

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Tue May 24, 2016 11:55 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
AiA in Atlanta wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:I saw The Witch last week. I was very disappointed. I could barely hear and/or understand what Ralph Ineson was saying throughout most of the movie. I wanted to strangle the annoying little girl and found the whole thing quite dull.

The Witch is a well-regarded movie. But if you don't enjoy psychological horror along the lines of The Shining then it probably isn't for you.
See it first and then comment. I doubt you will be awed by it.

Maybe not but I will have to watch it streaming now rather than in the theatre since it only played at my nearby cinema a week or so. The shitty movies seem to stay for weeks and weeks but the ones I want to see come and go before I get the chance to see them ... or they don't come at all. If it is some superhero movie, or Pixar, or Disney or some other bullshit film you can be sure the lines will be long.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu May 26, 2016 9:20 am

Super Nova wrote:Startrek... looks good, I'll be there.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2660888/
Why is it that filmmakers have this desire to keep destroying the Enterprise? :roll:
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Fri May 27, 2016 5:29 pm

X-Men Apocalypse.
7/10
Great start, good special effects, slows down to marvel moderate and predictable... stuffs up a few already established story lines, but was enjoyable enough.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Outlaw Yogi

Post by Outlaw Yogi » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:56 pm

Deadpool; Saw this a mates place via an online streaming site. Never been into the X-men mutant comic book hero genre, so I wouldn't folk out for the DVD, but I must admit it was quite funny/humorous and the stunt work was pretty good.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes; Don't buy this DVD, it's a load of anti-gun animal welfare veg-nazi hippy shit. Big W I want my $10 back.

Who let the veg-nazis in to Hollywood anyway ... oh yeah, I forgot, Jewish poofters. Ah well, at least the only vegans on Mt Everest are dead ones. :P
If Donald Trump is so close to the Ruskis, why couldn't he get Vladimir Putin to put novichok in Xi Jjinping's lipstick?

Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:27 pm

The killing room is a good psycho thriller. Supposedly based on black program called MK Ultra.

https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 1236,d.c2I
Polanimal management allows slander and insults in user profile signatures.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:04 pm

Saw Turtles 2.... nowhere near as good as the first one.

5/10

Saw Independence Day Resurgence... getting bad reviews but everyone in leads did a good job, some patchy American writing and kitch moments, but hey that is Hollywood USA these days... lots of special effects, too many.... 6.5-7/10 mind numbingly enjoyable.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:16 pm

Today I watched Warcraft. Good graphics and, even though the reviews I have seen aren't overwhelmingly great, I enjoyed it. Travis Fimmel (an Aussie who also stars in Vikings) is very charismatic.

7/10

AnaTom

Post by AnaTom » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:04 pm

Iron Sky

TechnocCalyps 1, 2, 3

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:14 pm

Anyone seen Star Trek beyond yet?