Mars mystery solved: NASA's big Monday announcement

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
Super Nova

Mars mystery solved: NASA's big Monday announcement

Post by Super Nova » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:55 pm

What will it be.

NASA has set the world on alert it's making a big announcement on Monday.

So far, all we know is the announcement has to do with Mars and a mystery that NASA says is now "solved."

"NASA will detail a major science finding from the agency's ongoing exploration of Mars during a news briefing at (10:30 a.m. CST) on Monday, Sept. 28 at the James Webb Auditorium at NASA Headquarters in Washington. The event will be broadcast live on NASA Television and the agency's website," the space agency said.

What's the big announcement? No one really knows but here are 3 predictions:

NASA will announce its found water – maybe even flowing water – on Mars:

According to the announcement sent out by NASA, one of the participants in the Monday event is Lujendra Ojha of the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta. Ojha has previously worked on studies about the possibility that water flows on Mars during its warmer months.

Ojha's inclusion has many people speculating NASA will announce it has found water on the planet. And with water could come life...

NASA will explain the strange Stonehenge-like formation on the planet

NASA has already identified a massive Stonehenge-like formation on top of a Martian hill. It's one of several strange images seen on the planet, news of what exactly the outcropping is could be part of the announcement.

Mars' outcroppings have prompted plenty of discussion before, especially in 1976 after NASA's Viking 1 spacecraft revealed a formation that looked like a human face carved in stone.

NASA will say it has found life on Mars

Don't get too excited. We're not talking Marvin the Martian here, though that would be pretty awesome.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

AiA in Atlanta

Re: Mars mystery solved: NASA's big Monday announcement

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:03 pm

It is 9:02 AM here. I think the announcement is in another 2 and a half hours.

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:40 am

water on surface. maybe fossils will be next.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:29 pm

AiA in Atlanta wrote:water on surface. maybe fossils will be next.
That was in the online news here yesterday before the "official announcement". I thought that perhaps they had discovered the Aussie house fly up there, or even European wasps. :rofl Sadly for those who believe in aliens, no little green men. :rofl

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:49 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
That was in the online news here yesterday before the "official announcement". I thought that perhaps they had discovered the Aussie house fly up there, or even European wasps. :rofl Sadly for those who believe in aliens, no little green men. :rofl
Not yet.

Where there is liquid water... we will find life.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:35 pm

Super Nova wrote:
Neferti~ wrote:
Not yet.

Where there is liquid water... we will find life.
By "life" I presume you mean "things" that need water to survive? Plants? Insects? Worms? Grubs? and so forth?

They will NOT find the so-called "intelligent" life though.

Even 3000+ years ago there were "ordinary" males (or maybe even some females input) who built the Pyramids with great minds and few tools. I dispute that they took only 20 years. Palaeontologists really are grabbing at straws. It also irritates me that the History lot reckon that "aliens" helped the Egyptians (the Mayans and so forth). Rubbish.

We just assume that we are smarter than they were back 3000+ years ago. It's a myth. Current engineers and so forth can't figure it out. EVERYONE thinks/assumes that they are smarter than the earlier generations .... I don't agree. We have more "gadgets" which undoubtedly makes us lazier, mentally, not smarter/more clever.

boxy

Post by boxy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:06 pm

Neferti~ wrote:It also irritates me that the History lot reckon that "aliens" helped the Egyptians (the Mayans and so forth). Rubbish.
By "the History mob", do you mean whack job, conspiracy theorists? Because it has nothing to do with NASA or main stream science :?
Neferti~ wrote:We just assume that we are smarter than they were back 3000+ years ago. It's a myth. Current engineers and so forth can't figure it out. EVERYONE thinks/assumes that they are smarter than the earlier generations .... I don't agree. We have more "gadgets" which undoubtedly makes us lazier, mentally, not smarter/more clever.
We don't have any better brain power, but our access to information, and tools and systems for communication/cooperation have indeed increased our effective intelligence.

We've become similar to colony animals (ants, termites, etc.). Alone they're ineffective, communally they can construct some awesome and quite intelligent structures that none of the drones can really comprehend :lol:
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:32 pm

boxy wrote:
Neferti~ wrote:It also irritates me that the History lot reckon that "aliens" helped the Egyptians (the Mayans and so forth). Rubbish.
By "the History mob", do you mean whack job, conspiracy theorists? Because it has nothing to do with NASA or main stream science :?
Not necessarily. I met a bloke from NASA and he was even dumber than arsie.

I admit that I do NOT know how to explain it but I am sure that it had nothing to do with "aliens" from outer space, nor so-called "scientists".
Neferti~ wrote:We just assume that we are smarter than they were back 3000+ years ago. It's a myth. Current engineers and so forth can't figure it out. EVERYONE thinks/assumes that they are smarter than the earlier generations .... I don't agree. We have more "gadgets" which undoubtedly makes us lazier, mentally, not smarter/more clever.
boxy said:
We don't have any better brain power, but our access to information, and tools and systems for communication/cooperation have indeed increased our effective intelligence.

We've become similar to colony animals (ants, termites, etc.). Alone they're ineffective, communally they can construct some awesome and quite intelligent structures that none of the drones can really comprehend :lol:
OK, so YOU try to explain how the Egyptians built massive pyramids with no transport and few tools. The quarry was 500 miles away and
"they" say it took ONLY 20 years. Bullshit. Or did the Egyptians work like "ants" ... 24/7? We will probably never know but I can assure you that Little Green Men from Mars were NOT involved.

boxy

Post by boxy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:04 pm

They geared their whole economy to please their gods (the political leaders of the time). They produced impressive results, but there is no need to resort to alien intervention. Shit, if alien intelligence were involved, wouldn't it be something better than a pile of stones :roll:
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:17 pm

Go to Egypt and you can see how they did it.

It wasn't slavery, it was willing subjects dedicated to this task.

I have seen how they dig the stones out first hand by pits abandoned when the stone cracked during excavation leaving all the evidence for how they did it.

It was just bloody hard yakka combined with the most advanced technology of the time, skilled organizational management and planning.

They really did set the sean for the development of humanity that we see today.