Re: You are what you think about

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:28 pm

Texan wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:21 pm
sprintcyclist wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:30 pm
Texan wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:46 am
I've been consumed with my divorce for the past 4 months. Protecting myself and getting revenge where legal and ethical has ruled my life lately. My wife comes over several times per week to pack boxes and move things to storage. She has been living with her sister. She is desperate for me to take her back, but I have been watching her actions and reading her phone and text logs for the past 4 months and I can't trust her if I even wanted to. The divorce is almost final and I'm coming out of this situation great. I look forward to my prospects. My friends respect me and I'm saving huge money by divorcing. My sons are very protective of me and have defended me several times when talking to my wife. I told my sons that she didn't cheat on them and to leave my defense to me. I have this under control.

What has peaked my concern is that I almost made her cry yesterday during a conversation about our sons. I felt a glimmer of satisfaction when she teared up and her voice quivered. I've always been a nice "live and let live" kind of guy. I've never taken pleasure in someone else's misfortune, except when criminals get what they deserve. I guess it bothers me now because I spent 30 years loving this woman and giving her everything I am. She betrayed me and there is no going back anytime soon, but I still feel guilty about it because I've never felt this way about someone I know. I'll be glad when this is over and I can move to another place and put her behind me.

I'm not trying to take over this thread. I'm just noticing that I think about revenge often and I don't like living like this.
Divorce is one of the 5 biggest stressful times of a persons life.
I did a course on it :-)

You have every right to think bad thoughts. She has wronged you.
Forgive yourself. Exhale. Get to know the new you. It takes time
I'm stuck in this situation for now, but when it's done and I leave this city. I intend to concentrate on being productive and taking up a fun hobby. I'm thinking of building up a Jeep for overlanding and joining a Jeep club to do group outings. Maybe I'll meet someone there.
Perfect attitude.
Accept where you are.
Know it is a temporary location. Albeit a bad one.
Sit tight. Don't do anything stupid.
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:47 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:39 pm
Bobby wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:27 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:10 pm
Bobby wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:53 pm
Texan wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:42 pm

She will have no claim to me or my property. I could call the police and get a restraining order to keep her away if needed. The divorce will be complete and final

She is an adult with the same rights and responsibilities as me. She can keep a job and take care of herself.

There is some law here that says you can't throw someone out on the street
if they have nowhere to go.
My mate got trapped by it.
It was also to do with the fact he was her ex husband and
has a duty to protect her which lasts for a lifetime just like alimony payments.
I don't understand it.
There is no law where people have a duty of care for life to an ex spouse that I have ever heard of.
I have.
Can you cite it? I think someone is having a lend of you.

Not here - maybe in Sparta.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:32 am

Bobby wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:47 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:39 pm
Bobby wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:27 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:10 pm
Bobby wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:53 pm

There is some law here that says you can't throw someone out on the street
if they have nowhere to go.
My mate got trapped by it.
It was also to do with the fact he was her ex husband and
has a duty to protect her which lasts for a lifetime just like alimony payments.
I don't understand it.
There is no law where people have a duty of care for life to an ex spouse that I have ever heard of.
I have.
Can you cite it? I think someone is having a lend of you.

Not here - maybe in Sparta.
So, if you can only disclose it in Sparta, is it even a law?
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."