Science Updates

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
Rorschach

Re: Science Updates

Post by Rorschach » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:53 pm

Hey Rorschach,

You introduced religion into a science thread. Suck it up princess.
No I didn't.

I'm not forcing any of my beliefs down your throat.
Tell me ... what are they exactly?
I just think religion bashing for the sake of it is wrong.
You and others shouldn't ridicule or shove your disbelief down the throat of others.

This is what I said in reply to an anti-religious taunt.
Well I suppose they could always reply... dear Science this week when you dropped a man from a long way up I fed and clothed billions of people all over the planet. :D
It is completely correct... something both you and mattus have tried to deny.
Personally... I don't care. Consider it me being the Devil's Advocate or if you prefer factually correct.

You're making a lot of personal assumptions about me. I haven't made any about you.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:59 pm

Rorschach wrote:
Hey Rorschach,

You introduced religion into a science thread. Suck it up princess.
No I didn't.

I'm not forcing any of my beliefs down your throat.
Tell me ... what are they exactly?
I just think religion bashing for the sake of it is wrong.
You and others shouldn't ridicule or shove your disbelief down the throat of others.
Settle down... don't blow a halo gasket.

I'm not forcing any of my beliefs down your throat. - OK
Tell me ... what are they exactly? - I don't know your beliefs
I just think religion bashing for the sake of it is wrong. - OK. I was just trying to express my views on what you stated about religion in the context of what you posted.
You and others shouldn't ridicule or shove your disbelief down the throat of others - I am entitled to express an opinion on the matter when it arises, don't you think. Until you introduced you comment, reglion was not a topic of the thread.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:06 pm

I'm very calm thanks.
I'm not the one losing it over the mere mention of the word RELIGION.

I like the Science topic.
Many scientists have been also men of religion.
I love - Invention, Design, Engineering and Technology.
OK. I was just trying to express my views on what you stated about religion in the context of what you posted.
So was I.
I am entitled to express an opinion on the matter when it arises, don't you think. Until you introduced you comment, reglion was not a topic of the thread.
So am I. You have still failed to admit I was not the one to introduce religion to your topic.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:34 am

Rorschach wrote:So am I. You have still failed to admit I was not the one to introduce religion to your topic.
You're right. Mattus did. I over looked his joke. My mistake. Sorry.

Now if you want to discuss religion, I'm happy to if you are prepared to be challenged if I disagree with your propositions. 8-)
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:29 am

Missed it eh...

Postby Super Nova » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:49 pm
Excellent :thumb
Not really interested, it usually just leads to mindless bigotry on one side or the other.
It's clear there wouldn't be an open minded courteous discourse on it anyway.
I believe Religion/Faith, is/should be, a personal thing.
I only intended to comment on matuss' comment.
If someone started a topic I might be tempted to comment, but no guarantee.

BACK TO SCIENCE EH>>>

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:03 am

Science is a vehicle
Religion is a Map/GPS
Mapping routes are different theologies

All of them are looking for the way home

...and some get pissed off with that annoying fucking voice, rip it off the windscreen and toss it out the vehicle coz it sent you down a one way street
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:24 pm

I believe Religion/Faith, is/should be, a personal thing.
Agreed.

I can commit to a discussion on the subject that is respectful .... you would need to be prepared to have it challenged... respectfully.

IQ....

I hate my Tom Tom and it is my new god. I pray when I'm in a hurry and it cannot find a GPS signal...... arrghhh.

boxy

Post by boxy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:54 pm

That dropping the guy from a balloon seems more like marketing/thrill seeking, than science, anyway.
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:00 pm

boxy wrote:That dropping the guy from a balloon seems more like marketing/thrill seeking, than science, anyway.
What ever made you think it had something to do with science? Are you under 40 Boxy?

boxy

Post by boxy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:03 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
boxy wrote:That dropping the guy from a balloon seems more like marketing/thrill seeking, than science, anyway.
What ever made you think it had something to do with science? Are you under 40 Boxy?
Was replying to this post, which seems to have stirred up most of the comment over the past couple of pages.

If the best thing that happened in science last week was dropping this attention seeker from a balloon, science is in serious trouble :P
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."