Melbourne back in 6 week lockdown July 7

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Texan

Re: Melbourne back in 6 week lockdown July 7

Post by Texan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:37 am

Now I don't know Dan from a hole in the wall, but here is what I would do if I were Dan's replacement.

We will open up in one month. During that month, the government will prepare by:

1. Make tons of hand sanitizer, masks, and PPE.

2. Prepare emergency rooms for covid isolation and treatment. Build isolated tent hospitals if necessary.

3. Call the US, Britain, Canada, and other countries that have already flattened their curves and see if you can buy ventilators and other medical equipment at a discount. They built a ton of ventilators and now they have more than they can use. Take advantage of that before you NEED them.

3.5 Get with the American CDC to find out what treatments have worked best and gear up to provide them.

4. Make sure that the country has access to plexiglass for safety screens at registers, floor stickers for social distancing. They will become mandatory in retail stores.

5. Mandatory masks for everyone in public.

6. Public service announcements to make sure that everyone is on the same page to protect their elderly and high risk relatives.

7. If you want to open restaurants to 50% capacity or limit gathering in bars, I would leave that to the local governments.

The Texan plan isn't perfect and there will be casualties, but imprisoning everybody can be just as bad. Good luck.

I just thought of something else. As young people and healthcare workers get covid and recover, be sure to use their temporary immunity. Hire them to handle the high risk jobs as much as possible. Even an unskilled recovered covid patient can push a mop or work as a screening receptionist, or orderly at the hospital or deliver meals to the elderly at home. Use recovered nurses to wear PPE and do home healthcare for the elderly.
Last edited by Texan on Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:42 am

Hi Rexan,
in Victoria known as Danistan - -
you can be arrested and fined $5,000 for walking along a beach.

Texan

Post by Texan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:55 am

Bobby wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:42 am
Hi Rexan,
My son spent the weekend at a friend's grandparents and took their 1964 Studebaker to a classic car show. I would not have let him go out of town to be around elderly, but he is now immune and the grandparents know my son and were glad to let him visit. After he returned home, I took my family out to eat Mexican food after church. We still have to wear masks in public, but life is back to pretty normal.

Schools are open. Students have the option to study on line or in person. High risk teachers have been assigned to teach on line classes only. We have to make changes to make things work, but we figure it out.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:13 pm

The problem we have in Australia is that the joint is run by a bunch
of fkn muppets.... :shock: :shock: :shock:
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:56 pm

Texan wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:55 am
Bobby wrote:
Hi Texan,
My son spent the weekend at a friend's grandparents and took their 1964 Studebaker to a classic car show. I would not have let him go out of town to be around elderly, but he is now immune and the grandparents know my son and were glad to let him visit. After he returned home, I took my family out to eat Mexican food after church. We still have to wear masks in public, but life is back to pretty normal.

Schools are open. Students have the option to study on line or in person. High risk teachers have been assigned to teach on line classes only. We have to make changes to make things work, but we figure it out.

It sounds like you're better off in America.
You've had far too many deaths but the true
toll will only be known a few years from now.
We may have just delayed the inevitable with these strict lockdowns -
the heaviest in the world.
I've been locked up alone for 5 months.

Texan

Post by Texan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:55 pm

Bobby wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:56 pm
Texan wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Hi Texan,

That's messed up. Do you have a job to go to? What are you allowed to leave your home for? Are you able to care for family members or are they allowed to care for you? Do you have essential employees who are allowed to do their jobs and get around? Somebody has to keep things running or people will starve. I didn't realize things were so grim there. I wish you well.

Texas was shut down for about 6 weeks. I do maintenance on critical infrastructure equipment and had a letter that allowed me to be about working 24/7 in all 50 states. I could use that to take care of my parents as needed. I've helped my dad wire new electrical outlets, install a new sink drain valve, and replace a toilet. I help my mom with her shopping. My brother sometimes mows their lawn. Everything we can do will prevent my parents from being around strangers who have less concern for their wellbeing. I've been one of the lucky ones as I haven't missed a paycheck. Many small businesses have gone bankrupt and our bars are still closed. Most bar owners either have already gone bankrupt or will soon if they can't retool their bar to become a restaurant that also has a bar. My parents are retired, my brother teaches high school, my sister in law is a nurse, etc....... My whole family have essential employee status and haven't missed a paycheck. I try to patronize small businesses and locally owned restaurants when I can.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:01 pm

Texan wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:55 pm
Bobby wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:56 pm
Texan wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Hi Texan,

That's messed up. Do you have a job to go to? What are you allowed to leave your home for? Are you able to care for family members or are they allowed to care for you? Do you have essential employees who are allowed to do their jobs and get around? Somebody has to keep things running or people will starve. I didn't realize things were so grim there. I wish you well.

Texas was shut down for about 6 weeks. I do maintenance on critical infrastructure equipment and had a letter that allowed me to be about working 24/7 in all 50 states. I could use that to take care of my parents as needed. I've helped my dad wire new electrical outlets, install a new sink drain valve, and replace a toilet. I help my mom with her shopping. My brother sometimes mows their lawn. Everything we can do will prevent my parents from being around strangers who have less concern for their wellbeing. I've been one of the lucky ones as I haven't missed a paycheck. Many small businesses have gone bankrupt and our bars are still closed. Most bar owners either have already gone bankrupt or will soon if they can't retool their bar to become a restaurant that also has a bar. My parents are retired, my brother teaches high school, my sister in law is a nurse, etc....... My whole family have essential employee status and haven't missed a paycheck. I try to patronize small businesses and locally owned restaurants when I can.

You're lucky.
I got retrenched after over 6 years of work in my last job.
So - I've been locked up alone without a job for 5 months - supporting myself from savings.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:19 pm

"Excuse me Mr. Sunbaker, Im Constable Plod from Bondi/St Kilda Police..do you have your
license to lie on the sand."
"No Im sorry I havent."
"Well, you need a license, Mr Sunbaker...plus starting next week, youll need a license
to breathe..."
"Im sorry I havent got my sunbaking license Constable Plod"
"Well, Im sorry, heres a $2000 fine for lying on the beach.
And whilst Im here, Id like to check the distance between your towel and your
friends towel..
Sorry, youre less than 1.5 metres apart, Ill have to fine you for crowding.."
"Crowding...whats that..."
"You cant lie there together, crowding...its an offence...here another two grand fine..."
"BUT what about all the football crowds....theres thousands of them at the game...."
"Sorry Mr Sunbaker.....
Theyre privileged....besides...we need the money...."
All getting a bit fkn ridiculous isnt it..... :rofl :rofl :rofl
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:38 pm

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/healt ... 1e2cacbcd3

Coronavirus Victoria:

15 new cases, one death recorded

Victoria has recorded 15 new coronavirus cases and one death overnight as
the all-important 14-day average continues to fall.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:43 pm

Bobby, you and me seem to be the only posters these days on this forum...
The joint is as dead as the virus.... :rofl