Melbourne back in 6 week lockdown July 7

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Texan

Re: Melbourne back in 6 week lockdown July 7

Post by Texan » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:38 am

Bobby wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:26 am
Texan wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:17 am

I don't think it will happen here. At least not as long as Trump is in the White House or I still live in Texas. Much to the disagreement of blm or antifa, the vast majority of our cops are just doing their jobs. Besides, our people wouldn't put up with police beatings. My grocery store is more than 5 km away. Lock downs here are under the authority of the state governments. The federal government only puts out guidelines and recommendations for the states.
Here - if your only supermarket is more than 5km away then
you can still drive there legally but you can't take more than 1 hour
and only 1 member of your family may go once per day.

I'm sure the Texas cops will beat people up who aren't resisting too.
Cops are mostly people who got picked on at school so they
feel good when they can beat someone up.
Be prepared for a good hard Covid-19 beating.
I have a lot of cop friends(dozens over the years) and your opinion came from the North end of a South bound bull. I attend church with many cops. One of those recently retired from the Dallas PD and he was the hand to hand combat instructor at the police academy. George is a retired US Marine and very nice guy. I recently bought a pistol from his son in law before he moved to NY. George taught a self defense class for the women in our church once. My cousin if a detective for a county in East TX and also works for the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. I've met people who he has served and they told me that he is a righteous dude. He is a great father would give me the shirt off his back if I needed it. I could describe every cop friend I have, but you get the point.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:48 am

Texan wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:38 am
Bobby wrote:
Texan wrote:

I don't think it will happen here. At least not as long as Trump is in the White House or I still live in Texas. Much to the disagreement of blm or antifa, the vast majority of our cops are just doing their jobs. Besides, our people wouldn't put up with police beatings. My grocery store is more than 5 km away. Lock downs here are under the authority of the state governments. The federal government only puts out guidelines and recommendations for the states.

I have a lot of cop friends(dozens over the years) and your opinion came from the North end of a South bound bull. I attend church with many cops. One of those recently retired from the Dallas PD and he was the hand to hand combat instructor at the police academy. George is a retired US Marine and very nice guy. I recently bought a pistol from his son in law before he moved to NY. George taught a self defense class for the women in our church once. My cousin if a detective for a county in East TX and also works for the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. I've met people who he has served and they told me that he is a righteous dude. He is a great father would give me the shirt off his back if I needed it. I could describe every cop friend I have, but you get the point.

There are some good cops too however
there are also many others with psychological problems
who got beaten up at school - watch out.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:50 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:33 am
Bobby wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:05 am
Get the vaccine when you can.
There are already different strains of Coronavirus so you may not be protected without the vaccine.
That the biggest problem Bobby and the best reason to wait. The vaccine will only provide protection for certain strains (like the flu shots) and will not protect you from every different strain or mutation.

Yes - like any other vaccine it will be between only 40% and 80% effective.
We will need about 5 different vaccines before this disaster is over.

Roll up your sleeve. :lol:

Texan

Post by Texan » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:50 am

Bobby wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:48 am
Texan wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Texan wrote:

Thank you, Dr. Bobby

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:56 am

Texan wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:50 am
Bobby wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:48 am

Thank you, Dr. Bobby

You're welcome.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:21 pm

Texan wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Texan wrote:

Yes, cops are heroic wonderful people.
I am entirely on their side.
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:34 am

Good news for those who have been imprisoned
in solitary confinement for months - like me.

Laws change tonight:

https://www.vic.gov.au/first-step-coron ... o-recovery

First Step - coronavirus road to recovery

Our First Step on the coronavirus road to recovery starts at 11:59pm on 13 September 2020.
Social

• Two people or a household can meet outdoors for a maximum of two hours for social interaction, exercise or recreation within 5km of their home.

People living alone or single parents can nominate one person with whom they can form a ‘single social bubble’. The ‘single social bubble’ allows you to visit each other for social connection. Single parents with dependents (including young children) who cannot be left alone will be allowed to include the dependents in the bubble. If you live in metropolitan Melbourne you can only form a bubble with someone in metropolitan Melbourne, not regional Victoria.

• If the person you nominate to be in your bubble lives with other people, you can only visit if they are at home alone. Alternatively, they can visit you at home.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:35 am

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lifes ... 30f1c6f0d0

Coronavirus Victoria: 41 new cases, 7 deaths

Ellen Ransley, NCA NewsWire
September 13, 2020 8:29am

Victoria has recorded 41 new virus cases on Sunday after the state recorded the lowest number in three months a day earlier.

On the day strict lockdown measures were originally drafted to ease, seven deaths have also been reported.

On Saturday, Victoria recorded 37 new coronavirus infections, which was the lowest daily increase since June 26.

The Sunday tally is lower than Friday’s 43, which fell from 51 the day before.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:36 am

Bobby wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:19 am
Woman dragged out of car:

The poor woman was terrified.
Normal people are not used to being questioned
over a car phone charger and giving out
their name an address when they have committed no offence.

Latest news channel 9.
4 cops arrested her.
She was dragged out of the car by her legs.
While face down on the ground -
one stuck his knee into her back and she couldn't breathe
as they put handcuffs on her.

The police have lost the good will they need with the public to do their job.

Texan

Post by Texan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:52 am

Bobby wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:36 am
Bobby wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:19 am
Woman dragged out of car:

The poor woman was terrified.
Normal people are not used to being questioned
over a car phone charger and giving out
their name an address when they have committed no offence.

Latest news channel 9.
4 cops arrested her.
She was dragged out of the car by her legs.
While face down on the ground -
one stuck his knee into her back and she couldn't breathe
as they put handcuffs on her.

The police have lost the good will they need with the public to do their job.
You can be dragged out of a car and arrested in America for refusing to cooperate with the police, but to be stopped you have to be suspected of an actual crime. You either have to commit a driving offense in their presence or they need to have a warrant for your arrest based on your car being identified as being owned by a known criminal on the loose. The side of the road is no place to argue with the police. Take it to court.

That being said, what crime was she stopped for? I'm really curious. Do they just randomly stop people and demand their address in Australia for the 5km distance rule? Do they run license plates to determine the address of the owner and then determine the distance to their current location? That makes Orwell's 1984 look desirable. What does owning a phone charger in the car have to do with anything?

In the interest of not being accused of piling on your country, I'll show what it takes for a defenseless little old lady to get tased and arrested in Texas. In the cops defense, he was doing everything he could to keep himself and her out of the lane of traffic. When he pushed her, she was about to walk into traffic. He originally pulled her over for speeding in an occupied road construction zone and she was refusing to sign the citation to agree to appear in court. He gave her plenty of warnings and she was daring the cop to tase her and using her age as a defense. I agree that the tasing was excessive. He could have easily grabbed her by the wrist and forced it behind her back, but then he is at risk of breaking her arm or injuring her by tackling her and using his size. She is also most likely able to be legally armed in Texas, so the cop has to take that into consideration. He made a threat that has bad optics and she forced his hand by calling his bluff. As I recall, the old lady won $45k in a civil suit.