New virus from shithole China

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Bobby

Re: New virus from shithole China

Post by Bobby » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:29 pm

A doctor on Channel 7 news said he can't get masks or gowns.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:33 pm

Tell him to talk to Brian. Brian will tell him he doesn't need one :thumb

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:41 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:33 pm
Tell him to talk to Brian. Brian will tell him he doesn't need one :thumb

Well Brian does know best about every topic.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:01 pm

A crowd of shoppers has been captured stampeding through a Melbourne Aldi store in a “disgusting” display of toilet paper panic.

The security video, taken by an employee late last week, shows people pouring through the doors to grab packets of paper.
https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-w ... e-c-738224

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:39 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:01 pm
A crowd of shoppers has been captured stampeding through a Melbourne Aldi store in a “disgusting” display of toilet paper panic.

The security video, taken by an employee late last week, shows people pouring through the doors to grab packets of paper.

That was OK - at least everyone got some.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:49 pm

Bobby wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:39 pm
Black Orchid wrote:

Yes it looked pretty civilised to me. After seeing he headline I expected to see a rampaging herd.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:07 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:49 pm
Bobby wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:39 pm
Black Orchid wrote:

Yes it looked pretty civilised to me. After seeing he headline I expected to see a rampaging herd.

I only saw spare lou paper once at Coles in 7 visits so I grabbed a 9 pack.

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:57 pm

Bit of advice guy, seriously, make sure you have at least 2 weeks of food. Dunny paper should be the last thing on your list.

You need a freezer full of meat, frozen peas and veg, powered milk, lots of pulses,rice,flour, canned/dried fruit.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:54 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:50 pm
brian ross wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:46 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:20 pm
Nom De Plume wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:51 pm
"It can be confirmed that in a closed environment with air-conditioning, the transmission distance of the new coronavirus will exceed the commonly recognised safe distance," the researchers wrote in their paper, published in peer-reviewed journal, Practical Preventive Medicine.
"Our advice is to wear a face mask all the way [through the bus ride]," the researchers recommended.
They said the study proves the importance of washing hands and wearing face masks in public places because the virus can linger in the air attached to fine droplet particles.
Their work was based on a local outbreak case on January 22 during the peak Lunar New Year travel season. A passenger, known as “A”, boarded a fully booked long-distance coach and settled down on the second row from the back.
The passenger already felt sick at that point but it was before China had declared the coronavirus outbreak a national crisis, so “A” did not wear a mask, nor did most of the other passengers or the driver on the 48-seat bus. -SCMP

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/corona ... ding-study
Yet there are no masks available.
Most fabric masks have lives measured in minutes. They are more use on people who have the virus than they are on people who don't have, Black Orchid. :roll
I know what they are useful/useless for and I was responding to Nom's post so how about taking it up with her instead of nitpicking at me? :roll:
Ho hum...
Some governments, like those in Australia and Singapore, have urged their citizens not to buy or wear the masks unless they are sick.
Other countries, like South Korea, have launched public information campaigns to encourage everyone to wear masks.
https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=Sout ... &FORM=EWRE
I prefer Sth Korea's approach. Also, given my Mum spent many yrs as a nurse, having spent much of her early career at the now closed, Fairfield Infectious Diseases Hospital in Victoria, I am well aware of the value of putting a barrier between me and the virus... so too ALL do health professionals. :roll: :roll: :roll: :smack
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:00 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:03 pm
brian ross wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:51 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:50 pm
brian ross wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:46 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:20 pm

Yet there are no masks available.
Most fabric masks have lives measured in minutes. They are more use on people who have the virus than they are on people who don't have, Black Orchid. :roll
I know what they are useful/useless for and I was responding to Nom's post so how about taking it up with her instead of nitpicking at me? :roll:
Oh, dear. You made the comment, Black Orchid, wear it. :rofl
I said masks aren't available. So yes I wear that. How about you address what I actually said instead of spinning it then launching into lecture mode?

Masks are not available to the plebs, Brian. We don't need to know how useful you think they may/may not be. I think most of us are pretty clued in (more than you I would say).
Masks are available, Black Orchid. Maybe not in Sydney but hey, that is your problem, not mine. Time you owned up to what you posted, mate. :rofl :rofl
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair