New virus from shithole China

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Bobby

Re: New virus from shithole China

Post by Bobby » Mon May 04, 2020 12:05 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:42 am
Bobby wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 3:35 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 3:07 pm
Solutions can only occur when problems arise.

We didn't learn from history.
The Spanish flu was forgotten about - 1918 to 1920.
Who knows what else is lurking out there for an even worse pandemic than Covid-19 ?
Cities need to be de centralised.
And in doing that we could potentially make things worse by having multiple large outbreaks which would converge into a much larger area. There's always a bigger picture Bobby.

People would go into a city as per now, and then spread it to every suburb.

Texan

Post by Texan » Mon May 04, 2020 12:31 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:12 am
Texan wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 1:12 am
brian ross wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:38 pm
Texan wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:47 pm
brian ross wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 7:32 pm

How often do pandemics roll around, bobby?
Please, lets get real. You're up against some 6,000 years of tradition of society...
Again, I'm reminding you how small the Earth has become. How many millions of people have travelled around most of the world in the last 6 months? When has the Earth had 9 billion people with about a million people per square mile in some locations to spread disease around the globe in days? How many Chinese and Indians do you personally know?
Agreed, the Earth has shrunk. Before the pandemic, a quarter of Australia's population was usually travelling. Today? No where near that number. In 12 months? I have no idea. I know quite a few Chinese and Indians, i have no phobias (unlike many here). Do you know any?
I know a few. I went shooting with my friend Joku and the rest of my Sunday school class just yesterday. I know engineers from all over the world through work. I still have friends going to and from China for their jobs. I haven't kept up with their travels in the last 3-4 months, but Texas Instruments still has a factory running a couple of hundred miles from Wuhan. I have a cousin who retired from the Air Force as a linguist. He speaks very fluent Mandarin Chinese. He was best man in my parent's wedding in 1964.
Tell me Tex...Im curious....
Before you and your "Sunday School" mates go shooting...do you all congregate around and give thanx to God
and pray that when you go forth and kill animals that you all hit your targets....
No doubt God has given you all excellent marksmanship skills.....
Or were they learned over the years...
Personally I think its laughable...a bunch of adults attending "Sunday School"...
maybe ignoring ...what was that commandment....thou shalt not kill....and then you all go shooting....
Pardon my mirth..... :rofl
Im assuming that when you say "went shooting" you are referring to wild animals...or are you just
shooting jam tins off a post....that would be a bit boring wouldn't it....
Probably more exciting to recite the 23rd psalm to each other..... :roll:
I mean...as the psalm says....find peace with the Lord...find a peaceful place....
Then go and kill some animals..... :roll:
We are just sharing a common interest and enjoying each others company. Any prayers are for physical or spiritual welfare, any needs that we would like to address, words of appreciation for what he does for us, and prayers for wisdom. In Sunday school, we pick a chapter in the Bible every week and study it verse by verse. We try to determine what God is trying to say, what is right or wrong, and find out how we can apply this lesson to our lives.

We all know God doesn't care which of us shoots the best. We started with some simple target practice at metal targets and then we had a small impromptu tournament with a dueling tree. We matched up and competed head to head at a common dynamic metal target. One guy tries to flip the targets to the left while the other guy tries to flip the targets to the right. It was all good clean fun and a chance to try out each other's guns in a pasture with a wood and earth berm backdrop and good weather. No animals were harmed during the events, including the cattle. We all wore eye and ear protection and followed the 4 rules of gun safety and the property owner served as range officer and made sure that all guns were put down when it was time to approach and reset targets or go downrange to shoo the cattle from possible harm's way.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Mon May 04, 2020 12:50 pm

Texan wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Texan wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 3:00 pm

I know cities weren't designed with a pandemic in mind -
and that is the problem.
Please, lets get real. You're up against some 6,000 years of tradition of society...
Again, I'm reminding you how small the Earth has become. How many millions of people have travelled around most of the world in the last 6 months? When has the Earth had 9 billion people with about a million people per square mile in some locations to spread disease around the globe in days? How many Chinese and Indians do you personally know?
Agreed, the Earth has shrunk. Before the pandemic, a quarter of Australia's population was usually travelling. Today? No where near that number. In 12 months? I have no idea. I know quite a few Chinese and Indians, i have no phobias (unlike many here). Do you know any?
I know a few. I went shooting with my friend Joku and the rest of my Sunday school class just yesterday. I know engineers from all over the world through work. I still have friends going to and from China for their jobs. I haven't kept up with their travels in the last 3-4 months, but Texas Instruments still has a factory running a couple of hundred miles from Wuhan. I have a cousin who retired from the Air Force as a linguist. He speaks very fluent Mandarin Chinese. He was best man in my parent's wedding in 1964.
Good. It means you don't have a case of Sinophobia (unlike some here it seems). I know a few from where I have worked and from friends of friends mainly. However, the question is, what does it matter? They are native to Australia. I don't know any newcomers. Most would have visited China in the last 12 months or so. So, they are isolated from any outbreak in the PRC. This factor seems to pass many by who desire to blame many Chinese on the basis of their "race", rather than on where they have lived (often all their lives). When we use the term "Chinese" remember it is either a nationality, a "race", an ethnicity or even an outlook. Few Chinese living in the west owe much allegiance to the PRC.
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Texan

Post by Texan » Mon May 04, 2020 12:58 pm

brian ross wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 12:50 pm
Texan wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Texan wrote:
brian ross wrote:

Good. It means you don't have a case of Sinophobia (unlike some here it seems). I know a few from where I have worked and from friends of friends mainly. However, the question is, what does it matter? They are native to Australia. I don't know any newcomers. Most would have visited China in the last 12 months or so. So, they are isolated from any outbreak in the PRC. This factor seems to pass many by who desire to blame many Chinese on the basis of their "race", rather than on where they have lived (often all their lives). When we use the term "Chinese" remember it is either a nationality, a "race", an ethnicity or even an outlook. Few Chinese living in the west owe much allegiance to the PRC.
I figured that you would have already known that about me. I'm pretty open with sharing my personal life and experiences and political opinions. I don't broadcast personal information, but agree with me or not, I'm usually an open book.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Mon May 04, 2020 1:05 pm

Texan wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 12:58 pm
brian ross wrote:
Texan wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Texan wrote:

I figured that you would have already known that about me. I'm pretty open with sharing my personal life and experiences and political opinions. I don't broadcast personal information, but agree with me or not, I'm usually an open book.
Which is why I believe you. Now, why not answer the questions I have raised about why does it matter if they Chinese?
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Texan

Post by Texan » Mon May 04, 2020 1:31 pm

brian ross wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 1:05 pm
Texan wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 12:58 pm
brian ross wrote:
Texan wrote:
brian ross wrote:

Which is why I believe you. Now, why not answer the questions I have raised about why does it matter if they Chinese?
On a personal level, I don't care where people are from. I do care when evil governments use their citizens as pawns for their government's gain at my expense. At that point, I have no problem with banning Chinese from my country or refusing to do business with them. They can fix their government and I will change my attitude. The same goes for China and Mexico, or anywhere else.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Mon May 04, 2020 1:46 pm

Texan wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 12:31 pm
billy the kid wrote:
Texan wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Texan wrote:

Before you and your "Sunday School" mates go shooting...do you all congregate around and give thanx to God
and pray that when you go forth and kill animals that you all hit your targets....
Personally I think its laughable...a bunch of adults attending "Sunday School"...
maybe ignoring ...what was that commandment....thou shalt not kill....and then you all go shooting....
Im assuming that when you say "went shooting" you are referring to wild animals...or are you just
I mean...as the psalm says....find peace with the Lord...find a peaceful place....
We are just sharing a common interest and enjoying each others company. Any prayers are for physical or spiritual welfare, any needs that we would like to address, words of appreciation for what he does for us, and prayers for wisdom. In Sunday school, we pick a chapter in the Bible every week and study it verse by verse. We try to determine what God is trying to say, what is right or wrong, and find out how we can apply this lesson to our lives.

We all know God doesn't care which of us shoots the best. We started with some simple target practice at metal targets and then we had a small impromptu tournament with a dueling tree. We matched up and competed head to head at a common dynamic metal target. One guy tries to flip the targets to the left while the other guy tries to flip the targets to the right. It was all good clean fun and a chance to try out each other's guns in a pasture with a wood and earth berm backdrop and good weather. No animals were harmed during the events, including the cattle. We all wore eye and ear protection and followed the 4 rules of gun safety and the property owner served as range officer and made sure that all guns were put down when it was time to approach and reset targets or go downrange to shoo the cattle from possible harm's way.
Damn...you didn't notice my red herring..."thou shalt not kill"...only applies to humans...not animals...
Perhaps I should remove the beam from my own eye before I tell my brother to remove the speck from his....
Or something like that...... :roll:
Oh well....I congratulate you for turning the other cheek so effectively.....God must truly love you for that... :roll:
But I still have one question...
When you were all playing Buffalo Bill and Annie Oakley......were you social distancing...…. :rofl :rofl :rofl
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Mon May 04, 2020 1:57 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 1:46 pm
Texan wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 12:31 pm
billy the kid wrote:
Texan wrote:
brian ross wrote:

Damn...you didn't notice my red herring..."thou shalt not kill"...only applies to humans...not animals...
Perhaps I should remove the beam from my own eye before I tell my brother to remove the speck from his....
Or something like that...... :roll:
Oh well....I congratulate you for turning the other cheek so effectively.....God must truly love you for that... :roll:
But I still have one question...
When you were all playing Buffalo Bill and Annie Oakley......were you social distancing...…. :rofl :rofl :rofl
Thanks lads that was the funniest exchange of comments I have seen for a while!

:rofl

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Mon May 04, 2020 1:59 pm

Well....it relieves the fkn boredom...... :rofl :rofl :rofl
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Mon May 04, 2020 2:04 pm

Matthew 23:14
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
Fucked if I know what that means....not sure if Im a scribe or a Pharisee or a hypocrite.....I think Hell
awaits us all....particularly if you eat fkn bats....
Im going for a walk....I can still do that cant I...….. :rofl :rofl :rofl