The bullshit thread

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
billy the kid

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by billy the kid » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:14 pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-15/ ... s/11112952

Well, the were talking about this on the idiot box yesterday.
Why would Australia want to renege on the submarine deal.
Why would we be forced to make "Break payments" if the gig doesnt go down...millions upon millions of dollars....
Could it be that Pyne was stitched up by some economic hitman when we signed the deal.....
Maybe the moronic bureaucrats have suddenly realised we've been conned and that the subs
wont be built until fkn doomsday...
The first sub wont be delivered til 2033 the rest being available by 2050...that's 30 fkn years...
Why do I immediately think "fuckwit" when I see a picture of Pyne...
Read the report at the following link:

www.submarinesforaustralia.com.au/

The media should be all over this...its a fkn disgrace....

AND we're spending half a billion dollars to expand the Australian War Memorial in Canberra....
Half a billion dollars....what a fkn waste of taxpayers money....but we're used to that aren't we.....

"
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:42 pm

I have always disliked Pyne so it doesn't surprise me but how can these crappy deals get passed without scrutiny? None of them can be trusted. Like that's something new? No matter which way we go it will cost us.
According to the future submarine SPA, Naval Group would receive a 90 million euro (about $140 million) break payment if the company completed the basic design, but the Defence Department then decided not to proceed further.

Similarly, a break payment of 250 million euros (about $404 million) would apply if the French delivered a detailed submarine design and Australia then chose to go no further.

In the event Australia accepted its first completed submarine but decided to cancel all future orders, the Commonwealth would have to pay the French company 220 million euros (about $355 million).

The break fee decreases according to the number of completed submarines accepted.
Did I hear last night that we were putting money into a navel shipbuilding college so we could ultimately build our own? Or did I imagine that?

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:43 pm

To build what....we couldn't build fkn sandcastles.....

Besides.... our mob couldn't organize a game of fkn marbles....
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:18 pm

To learn how to build them ourselves duhh! Ultimately wouldn't that be better than paying hundreds of millions to foreign countries for nought?

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:23 pm

Yep...that'll work....we could recruit some indigenous brain surgeons to design the plans....pft….

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:53 pm

I read somewhere recently that there are thousands of jobs going in Australia but kids these days don't want to get their hands dirty doing "manual labour" (tradesmen-type) stuff. They'd rather sit on their bums behind a desk, trawling Facebook and Political Forums when they are supposed to be working. :rofl Not much hope of anyone applying for a job to build anything and definitely not ships (or designing same).

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:08 pm

Incompetent parenting creating fkn sooks....

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:59 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:08 pm
Incompetent parenting creating fkn sooks....
I blame Newstart ....Money for Nothing, Chicks for Free. (sorry Dire Straits). There are jobs out there .... we import people to do them ...

I have a new cleaner who gets Newstart and can only "work" so many hours a week .... she states that she is 53 and has had office experience ... but she is FAT .... has "health problems" and a bit slap dash with the dusting ... she may not last very long. Ah well.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:46 pm

I could be wrong but I think Newstart doesn't begin until age 22.
Kids are brainwashed into thinking they need to stay in school until year 12
to get a better job. In reality a lot of them just stay at school not for a better education, but simply
to be with their mates. I believe that kids are told that they cant leave school unless they have a job to go to.
One of my grandkids left school at 16 and went straight into an apprenticeship and finished four years later
fully qualified. He is a mature young man, his maturity being gained due to associating and working with adults.
Some of his mates stayed at school, smoked dope with their mates and are full on useless druggies with
no future, no brains and no job....of course they have their year 12 HSC and their Ipod and their facebook crap...but precious little else except memories of a trip to Bali, a few tattoos and no prospects....

Kids staying at school until year 12 is a fallacy...
If the kid seriously wants to go to uni...ok....
Personally, I feel a lot of kids are let down badly by poor parenting....
Kids need parents to get them off their arses..not mollycoddle them into growing up sooks......
The mollycoddled kids are the kids that wont work.....wont dirty their hands....etc etc...

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:23 pm

I have no idea about Newstart. I don't know where you are, Billy, but here in Canberra it is expected that ALL kids stay at school until they are 18. We have a different system here. High School caters for kids to Year 10, then they go to College (different school) for Years 11 and 12 and they are expected to then go to University.

Those kids expect to get a job with the Public Service and sit on their bums for until retirement.

I came here in 1981 and got a job in a private Consultancy and stayed there for 4 years. I hadn't worked for 7 years before that. Then I got a temporary job with the Public Service and that position was advertised, so I applied for it and got it. I stayed there for 10 years. Bored out of my brain, I took a so-called "package" ... haven't worked since.

Actually, I had somebody ring my doorbell today, looking for work .... he had a business card from his (obvious) employer ... tree lopping and I have no trees that need lopping. He looked "shifty" and was "coloured" so I didn't open the screen door .... told him to leave his card. LOL

My daughter was a stay at home Mum (like I was) until the youngest started school, then she applied for a job and got it. Nothing exciting, although she has a Diploma in Admin, working in a service environment may not be exciting but after years she is able to take time off when needed. Besides, she doesn't need any backup ... she will get everything I have, which is considerable.

Such is Life.