The bullshit thread

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
brian ross

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by brian ross » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:23 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:13 pm
brian ross wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:03 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:01 pm
brian ross wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:00 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:02 pm
There is also no evidence to prove that he didn't "help a little bit" and it's funny how the first responders are amongst his strongest supporters. I am sure there were a lot of people there and good luck proving that they weren't or what they did, or did not, do. :roll:
Good luck proving he was there, Black Orchid. You obviously want to believe his Walter Mitty like fantasies. What does that say about you? Oh, wait, you like to believe the Australian Tory Party lies as well, don't you? Gee, that explains just so much about you, you realise? :roll:
My God you are a dickhead. It's obvious you don't have both oars in the water either. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Oh, dearie, dearie, me. Appears I scored a hit there. Poor, poor, Black Orchid. Run along now, little girlie. :roll:
Stop dribbling Brian.
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:52 pm

I SAW it, "as it happened", too. I had a friend here and had the TV on but mute. Suddenly, there was the second plane .... that WAS immediate.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:01 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:52 pm
I SAW it, "as it happened", too. I had a friend here and had the TV on but mute. Suddenly, there was the second plane .... that WAS immediate.
Most of us saw it, on the TV, Neferti. El Presidente' Trump claims he was watching it from four miles away, or he was there picking up bricks, or he was watching Muslims in New Jersey celebrating... Take your pick.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:21 pm

brian ross wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:01 pm
Neferti~ wrote:
Most of us saw it, on the TV, Neferti. El Presidente' Trump claims he was watching it from four miles away, or he was there picking up bricks, or he was watching Muslims in New Jersey celebrating... Take your pick.
So?

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:28 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:21 pm
brian ross wrote:
Neferti~ wrote:
So?
You're not concerned that the (supposed) most powerful leader in the world is delusional? :roll:

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:43 pm

quote="brian ross" post_id=266601 time=1565080095 user_id=9037]
Neferti~ wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Neferti~ wrote:
So?
You're not concerned that the (supposed) most powerful leader in the world is delusional? :roll:[/quote]

I don't care. OK?

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:53 am

brian ross wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:38 pm
Perhaps because he has stated he was there, 4E?
Nope, the cherished American legal concept of "innocent until proven guilty" should also apply to news stories. If you doubt Trump, Mr./Ms. Reporter, then prove he wasn't where he says he was and/or didn't do what he says he did.

It's not as if that task is impossible for a journalist. Hillary Clinton famously told a bogus tale of "landing under sniper fire" in Bosnia, claiming that she and others "ran with our heads down" after exiting the plane.

But then a reporter found video footage of that very event ... which instead showed her casually walking off the plane and receiving flowers from a young girl. Oh well, maybe Hillary meant to say that she "landed under snapdragon fire."
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-mete ... per-story/

brian ross wrote:
He has also stated that he "watched people jumping from the World Trade Centre from his office." His office is over 4 miles away from the WTC. He didn't say, "on TV."
Right, and Vanity Fair reported that Trump said he "saw 'many people' jump from the Twin Towers from the telescope in his penthouse."

So there's your answer: You might not have heard about it, but there's this newfangled invention called a telescope, and it enables people to see things from a long distance away.
brian ross wrote:
He has also interviewed on 11 September on telephone from his office proclaiming that Trump Tower wasn't luckily one of the "tallest buildings in New York."

Now, he can't have been in his office if he was out at Ground Zero helping move bricks, now could he?
When did Trump ever say he was at Ground Zero "moving bricks"? Oh, that's right -- he didn't. All he said was, "I spent a lot of time down there with you" (the first responders).

The only person who interpreted that innocuous statement as Trump purporting to have helped the first responders was Chris Riotta, the so-called journalist whose name is on the article. Riotta made the baseless assumption that Trump was "appearing to suggest without evidence that he participated in either rescue efforts or surveying the damage after the attacks."

Ho-hum ... just another hostile reporter's creative interpretation of Trump's comment. You get used to that sort of thing when you live in the United States.
brian ross wrote:
Trump obviously is a Walter Mitty like character - everything happens to him, around him, 'cause he believes he is the centre of the universe. He is delusional.

Now, you can either accept his delusions or you can question them. Me? I personally prefer to question them and him but hey, I'm not in the US and I'm not a US citizen, now am I so my opinion is pretty much worthless, right? However, I have to wonder why you're so willing to accept the delusions of el Presidente'... :roll:
Right, you're not in the U.S., which explains why you're so vulnerable to being spoon-fed this sort of hit job on Trump.

Let's be clear: I have no problem with hard-hitting, well-researched journalism, whether or not it's critical of the president. But there's precious little of that being practiced by the White House press corps (including this lefty Brit rag). This is just the musings of a reporter more interested in smearing Trump than engaging in responsible reporting.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:07 am

According to our resources minister Matt Canavan, India is looking to build more coal mines in Australia.
Canavan seems excited about this prospect...or maybe just excited about the ensuing junket to India which
seems to have been dumped into his lap.
But but but...what about our emissions reduction target...26/28% by 2030...
Wont more coal mines seriously effect our target...
Does the left hand know what the right hand is doing in Canberra....
All looks a bit contradictory to me.....
Seriously....we have to sell our rocks...that's all we've got...
But we are all worried about climate change...
Looks like a few people in Canberra are just looking after their junkets...
Nothing changes..... :rofl
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:18 pm

The4thEstate wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:53 am
brian ross wrote:
Perhaps because he has stated he was there, 4E?
Nope, the cherished American legal concept of "innocent until proven guilty" should also apply to news stories. If you doubt Trump, Mr./Ms. Reporter, then prove he wasn't where he says he was and/or didn't do what he says he did.
What a shame that doesn't extend to people suspected of Terrorism, if they are Muslim, hey, 4E. Trump claimed he was there. Up to him to prove he was there. No one remembers him being there. Funny that, hey?
It's not as if that task is impossible for a journalist. Hillary Clinton famously told a bogus tale of "landing under sniper fire" in Bosnia, claiming that she and others "ran with our heads down" after exiting the plane.

But then a reporter found video footage of that very event ... which instead showed her casually walking off the plane and receiving flowers from a young girl. Oh well, maybe Hillary meant to say that she "landed under snapdragon fire."
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-mete ... per-story/
Who cares? We aren't discussing Hillary Clinton, now are we, 4E? Lets stick with the person we are discussing, el Presidente' Trump...
brian ross wrote:
He has also stated that he "watched people jumping from the World Trade Centre from his office." His office is over 4 miles away from the WTC. He didn't say, "on TV."
Right, and Vanity Fair reported that Trump said he "saw 'many people' jump from the Twin Towers from the telescope in his penthouse."

So there's your answer: You might not have heard about it, but there's this newfangled invention called a telescope, and it enables people to see things from a long distance away.
Did they? Did he? Seems that the telescope appeared in embroidered versions of the story, 4E. You got a link to the Vanity Fair article?
brian ross wrote:
He has also interviewed on 11 September on telephone from his office proclaiming that Trump Tower wasn't luckily one of the "tallest buildings in New York."

Now, he can't have been in his office if he was out at Ground Zero helping move bricks, now could he?
When did Trump ever say he was at Ground Zero "moving bricks"? Oh, that's right -- he didn't. All he said was, "I spent a lot of time down there with you" (the first responders).

The only person who interpreted that innocuous statement as Trump purporting to have helped the first responders was Chris Riotta, the so-called journalist whose name is on the article. Riotta made the baseless assumption that Trump was "appearing to suggest without evidence that he participated in either rescue efforts or surveying the damage after the attacks."

Ho-hum ... just another hostile reporter's creative interpretation of Trump's comment. You get used to that sort of thing when you live in the United States.
I have quoted where he suggested he was moving bricks, 4E.
brian ross wrote:
Trump obviously is a Walter Mitty like character - everything happens to him, around him, 'cause he believes he is the centre of the universe. He is delusional.

Now, you can either accept his delusions or you can question them. Me? I personally prefer to question them and him but hey, I'm not in the US and I'm not a US citizen, now am I so my opinion is pretty much worthless, right? However, I have to wonder why you're so willing to accept the delusions of el Presidente'... :roll:
Right, you're not in the U.S., which explains why you're so vulnerable to being spoon-fed this sort of hit job on Trump.
Who's being "spoon fed" anything, 4E. I suppose I could read Fox News or Breitbart as alternatives, except we know they both lie as well...
Let's be clear: I have no problem with hard-hitting, well-researched journalism, whether or not it's critical of the president. But there's precious little of that being practiced by the White House press corps (including this lefty Brit rag). This is just the musings of a reporter more interested in smearing Trump than engaging in responsible reporting.
I think we have different definitions of "responsible reporting". Here is a serious question for you, 4E. Is there anything, anything at all, that you don't like about Trump's presidency?

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:20 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:43 pm
brian ross wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:28 pm
Neferti~ wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Neferti~ wrote:
So?
You're not concerned that the (supposed) most powerful leader in the world is delusional? :roll:
I don't care. OK?
So, why then post, Neferti? Mmmm?