The bullshit thread

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
The4thEstate

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by The4thEstate » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:20 am

brian ross wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:38 pm
Donald Trump claims to have been there at Ground Zero on 11 September 2001... The man appears to believe he is also Walter Mitty... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Why couldn't Trump have been at Ground Zero on 9/11? He's a New Yorker, and there's a record of him being interviewed on that same day by a local TV station.

Snopes, no fan of Trump's, notes the following: "On 11 September 2001, as news outlets in New York, the United States, and around the world struggled to keep up with unfolding reports of that day’s terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center, newscasters from local television station WWOR spoke live on the air with Donald Trump about the event by telephone. Trump described how he had witnessed the attack from an office window that looked directly onto the World Trade Center ..."

It's the Independent that's practicing shoddy journalism, taking snide pot shots like: "While there is no evidence to indicate Mr Trump was at ground zero ..."

Whoa ... not so fast! Why should Trump have to prove he was there? He was obviously in New York City that day, and if the newspaper doubts he went walking around Ground Zero, it's up to them to prove he was never anywhere near the site -- or stop inferring that the claim is dubious.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:38 pm

Perhaps because he has stated he was there, 4E?

He has also stated that he "watched people jumping from the World Trade Centre from his office." His office is over 4 miles away from the WTC. He didn't say, "on TV."

He has also interviewed on 11 September on telephone from his office proclaiming that Trump Tower wasn't luckily one of the "tallest buildings in New York."

Now, he can't have been in his office if he was out at Ground Zero helping move bricks, now could he?

Trump obviously is a Walter Mitty like character - everything happens to him, around him, 'cause he believes he is the centre of the universe. He is delusional.

Now, you can either accept his delusions or you can question them. Me? I personally prefer to question them and him but hey, I'm not in the US and I'm not a US citizen, now am I so my opinion is pretty much worthless, right? However, I have to wonder why you're so willing to accept the delusions of el Presidente'... :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:58 pm

Where has he ever said he was down there "moving bricks"? Oh that's right ... nowhere! :roll:

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:39 pm

To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:48 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:58 pm
Where has he ever said he was down there "moving bricks"? Oh that's right ... nowhere! :roll:
So, what was Trump actually doing on September 11, 2001?

One thing he was doing was getting on the phone with WWOR's Alan Marcus to talk about the attacks and their aftermath. It was in that interview that Trump said this about a property -- 40 Wall Street -- that he owned:

"40 Wall Street actually was the second-tallest building in downtown Manhattan, and it was actually, before the World Trade Center, was the tallest—and then, when they built the World Trade Center, it became known as the second-tallest. And now it's the tallest."
Yeah. He really said that.

And as Politico's Michael Kruse noted in a story about what Trump (and Hillary Clinton) were doing on September 11, 2001, Trump was a bystander on the day -- watching the events unfold from his offices (and home) at Trump Tower, which was several miles from Ground Zero.

Writes Kruse:
"In the immediate aftermath of the worst terrorist attacks in the history of the country, Trump talked publicly mostly about the buildings, and his buildings, and market ramifications and the character and resiliency of the citizens of the city where he's lived almost his entire life. But reporters then had only so much reason to ask him about issues of national security or foreign policy."

Several days after the attacks, Trump did an interview with a German news station just a few blocks from Ground Zero. And according to a Newsday report on September 14, Trump had been spotted at Ground Zero the previous day:

"The sight of Donald Trump, every hair in place and impeccably dressed in a black suit, pressed white shirt and red tie, walking into the plaza with his cellular phone to his ear.
"'No, no. The building's gone,' he says into the phone."

The point here is that there's very little evidence to back up what Trump tried to do on Monday morning. It's also not the first time he's done it.

"Everyone who helped clear the rubble -- and I was there, and I watched, and I helped a little bit -- but I want to tell you: Those people were amazing," Trump said in a speech in Buffalo in 2016. "Clearing the rubble. Trying to find additional lives. You didn't know what was going to come down on all of us -- and they handled it."

He has also claimed that he helped pay for several hundred workers to help clean up the wreckage in the aftermath of 9/11. Independent fact-check sites have been unable to verify that claim.

Some of this is a dog-bites-man story. Trump is a serial exaggerator and fabricator -- about everything. So why should we be surprised that he has a long track record of suggesting he was someone involved in the cleanup after the 9/11 attacks when it's clear he wasn't?

We shouldn't be surprised. But we should be appalled that the President of the United States is willing to say things like this -- especially to a crowd who has given so much to the country in its darkest hours.
[Source]

See the highlighted text, Black Orchid. He claimed, by extension that he helped clear the rubble. Do you seriously believe he did that? Really?
According to Richard Alles, a retired deputy chief with the New York Fire Department, Mr. Trump was not a presence at ground zero.

“I spent many months there myself, and I never witnessed him,” Mr. Alles, who was at the Rose Garden event on Monday, said in an interview. “He was a private citizen at the time. I don’t know what kind of role he could have possibly played.”

Mr. Alles said he had vivid memories of meeting Representative Carolyn B. Maloney, Democrat of New York, who became an integral part of passing the bill after the attacks. Ms. Maloney did not attend the event at the White House on Monday.
[Source]

Funny how no one saw him do it... It must have been by magic! :roll: :roll:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:02 pm

There is also no evidence to prove that he didn't "help a little bit" and it's funny how the first responders are amongst his strongest supporters. I am sure there were a lot of people there and good luck proving that they weren't or what they did, or did not, do. :roll:

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:00 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:02 pm
There is also no evidence to prove that he didn't "help a little bit" and it's funny how the first responders are amongst his strongest supporters. I am sure there were a lot of people there and good luck proving that they weren't or what they did, or did not, do. :roll:
Good luck proving he was there, Black Orchid. You obviously want to believe his Walter Mitty like fantasies. What does that say about you? Oh, wait, you like to believe the Australian Tory Party lies as well, don't you? Gee, that explains just so much about you, you realise? :roll:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:01 pm

brian ross wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:00 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Good luck proving he was there, Black Orchid. You obviously want to believe his Walter Mitty like fantasies. What does that say about you? Oh, wait, you like to believe the Australian Tory Party lies as well, don't you? Gee, that explains just so much about you, you realise? :roll:
My God you are a dickhead. It's obvious you don't have both oars in the water either. :roll: :roll: :roll:

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:03 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:01 pm
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
My God you are a dickhead. It's obvious you don't have both oars in the water either. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Oh, dearie, dearie, me. Appears I scored a hit there. Poor, poor, Black Orchid. Run along now, little girlie. :roll:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:13 pm

brian ross wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:03 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:01 pm
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
Oh, dearie, dearie, me. Appears I scored a hit there. Poor, poor, Black Orchid. Run along now, little girlie. :roll:
Stop dribbling Brian.