Greta Thunberg

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
brian ross

Re: Greta Thunberg

Post by brian ross » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:01 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:54 pm
brian ross wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:41 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:48 pm
I understand why you are so enamoured with her, Brian, but "more than likely" she is just setting the cause back. She is not the messiah for climate change that you see her as.
I don't see her as a Messiah in the slightest, Black Orchid. I'd much rather talk about what cause she is championing rather than the champion. You and the others here, OTOH, like nothing more than to attack her. Again I ask, is it 'cause it's too hard to talk about the need for change? Do you like the idea of hotter and hotter summers and colder and colder winters? :roll:
Your skills are on a par with Greta's. Which is why you alienate debate rather than encourage it.
I don't want to discourage debate, Black Orchid. I want intelligent debate but it appears that you desire conformity, Black Orchid, nothing more. We must all march to the beat of your drum, wearing the same uniforms you do and acting like you. :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:03 pm

brian ross wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:59 pm
Gordon wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:49 pm
Brian.

Thunberg says she first heard about climate change in 2011, when she was 8 years old, and could not understand why so little was being done about it.[12] Three years later she became depressed and lethargic, stopped talking and eating, and was eventually diagnosed with Asperger syndrome,[13] obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD),[13] and selective mutism.[13

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greta_Thunberg
As your own quote notes, Gordon, she has Asperger's syndrome. You do know what Asperger's Syndrome is, I hope? Get back to us when you know and understand it. :roll:
It is a mental abnormality, as is autism.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:03 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:03 pm
brian ross wrote:
Gordon wrote:
Brian.

Thunberg says she first heard about climate change in 2011, when she was 8 years old, and could not understand why so little was being done about it.[12] Three years later she became depressed and lethargic, stopped talking and eating, and was eventually diagnosed with Asperger syndrome,[13] obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD),[13] and selective mutism.[13

As your own quote notes, Gordon, she has Asperger's syndrome. You do know what Asperger's Syndrome is, I hope? Get back to us when you know and understand it. :roll:
It is a mental abnormality, as is autism.
It is not, though, an illness, now is it, Neferti?

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:06 pm

Give it a rest. The kid has a mental problem. Autism is a mental problem.

cods

Post by cods » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:09 pm

Good Bye Childhood Grete......what a dreadful waste..

the child looks 35 years old....

her face is so screwed up someone could be pinching her....but they are not....

instead she is being programed to recite words given to her by people who should know better...

its disgusting....... lets see her parents.. so we remember them if this lass should ever decide to kill herself thanks to anxiety.and them!

it hasnt anything to do with her health problems its what she is FED...if the parents are hysterical stands to reason she will be also

take a good look at that poor childs face....its haunting.

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:14 pm

brian ross wrote:
Gordon wrote:
Brian.

AND Selective mutism, depression, OCD. She has psychological issues Brian.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:14 pm

brian ross wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:01 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
I understand why you are so enamoured with her, Brian, but "more than likely" she is just setting the cause back. She is not the messiah for climate change that you see her as.
I don't see her as a Messiah in the slightest, Black Orchid. I'd much rather talk about what cause she is championing rather than the champion. You and the others here, OTOH, like nothing more than to attack her. Again I ask, is it 'cause it's too hard to talk about the need for change? Do you like the idea of hotter and hotter summers and colder and colder winters? :roll:
Your skills are on a par with Greta's. Which is why you alienate debate rather than encourage it.
I don't want to discourage debate, Black Orchid. I want intelligent debate but it appears that you desire conformity, Black Orchid, nothing more. We must all march to the beat of your drum, wearing the same uniforms you do and acting like you. :roll:
I don't think she is a good ambassador for the cause. You do! I am not going to waste my time arguing that point.

I think we should absolutely be moving away from fossil fuels and doing more. I just don't agree on the spokesperson or the method of delivery taken by her. That is hardly demanding conformity and that everyone march to the beat of my own drum.

You are talking absolute crap!

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:18 pm

Very sad to see a kid this age so scared that she might not make her 21st birthday. What a lot of crap. She is Asperger and Autistic I believe. They tend to concentrate on only one thing. Climate Change in this instance. It is a mental condition. Sad.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:53 pm

Gordon wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:14 pm
brian ross wrote:
Gordon wrote:
Brian.

AND Selective mutism, depression, OCD. She has psychological issues Brian.
Which more than likely all stem from her Asperger's. As Neferti has noted, Aspies/Autistic people tend to be obsessive about certain things/issues. In her case, it is Climate Change. All her other issues stem from that. She does not, correctly, observe sufficient being done about it and is so attempting to get world leaders to do something. The MSM has seized upon that and is using it to sell more advertising space. :roll:

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:57 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:14 pm
brian ross wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:01 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
I don't think she is a good ambassador for the cause. You do! I am not going to waste my time arguing that point.
I haven't voiced an opinion, one way or the t'other about whether she is a good or a bad ambassador. I have attempted to explain why arguing about it is pointless. You however seem obsessed with her. What I have said is that we need do do something and we need to do something NOW about Climate Change, not in 20 years time. :roll:
I think we should absolutely be moving away from fossil fuels and doing more. I just don't agree on the spokesperson or the method of delivery taken by her. That is hardly demanding conformity and that everyone march to the beat of my own drum.

You are talking absolute crap!
IYO. IMO, I disagree (obviously). I see you are finally making an opinion about the issue that she has raised. Good. Now, what should we be doing? Moving away from Fossil Fuels? Excellent. However, we also need to make other nations move away from Fossil Fuels. We need to stop selling coal to them.