petition to alter the constitution - banned members

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
freediver

Re: petition to alter the constitution - banned members

Post by freediver » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:30 pm

It is not a gap Aussie. There is no time limit on petitions, hence there is not one mentioned in the constitution. I'm not sure why this is so confusing. Please unlock any other petition threads you have closed.

There are some gaps in the constitution, such as what happens if an elected admin acts in violation of the constitution. I kind of thought that was obvious, but apparently not.

You appear to be under the delusion that being elected admin makes it your responsibility to interpret and impliment the constitution. I believe I have set you straight on this matter before. If you are so concerned about being embarrassed in front of all your friends, you should stop forcing me to intervene. As for doing this in secret, the constitution is for the benefit of the members, not the admin. It is important that they are aware of what is going on.
But, have it your way if you like.
Thanks Aussie. I will.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:51 pm

freediver wrote:It is not a gap Aussie. There is no time limit on petitions, hence there is not one mentioned in the constitution. I'm not sure why this is so confusing. Please unlock any other petition threads you have closed.

There are some gaps in the constitution, such as what happens if an elected admin acts in violation of the constitution. I kind of thought that was obvious, but apparently not.

You appear to be under the delusion that being elected admin makes it your responsibility to interpret and impliment the constitution. I believe I have set you straight on this matter before. If you are so concerned about being embarrassed in front of all your friends, you should stop forcing me to intervene. As for doing this in secret, the constitution is for the benefit of the members, not the admin. It is important that they are aware of what is going on.
But, have it your way if you like.
Thanks Aussie. I will.
No gaps, you say, and then there are gaps. Take what I say out of context, yes you do.
I entirely disagree. As duly elected "Exalted Leader," it is my function to interpret and implement the Constitution. Now, you call that a delusion of mine, yet only weeks ago, you were pulling my strings insisting that I interpret it, and advise Members on its meaning.

freediver, your implied threat is obvious. But, as elected Exalted Leader, I am duty bound not to bow to your directions unless you can point out to me where in the Constitution it is mandatory that I do so.

Every 'petition' so far has failed through lack of support, and do not tell me that there are not 10 Members available to support one, if they wanted to. They have voted with their silence.

JW.Frogen

Post by JW.Frogen » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:40 pm

Aussie wrote: No gaps, you say, and then there are gaps. Take what I say out of context, yes you do..

Aussie, are you being channeled by Yoda?
DEEEEEEEEPTHOUGHT IS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:42 pm

Nah, Frogbone, I am more of the "use the force," kinda guy. Maybe I ought change my user name to Luke?

JW.Frogen

Post by JW.Frogen » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:45 pm

Yoda opposed the Dark Side of The Force.

I see you more as Java the Hut.
DEEEEEEEEPTHOUGHT IS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:48 pm

JW.Frogen wrote:Yoda opposed the Dark Side of The Force.

I see you more as Java the Hut.
I need to check with Darko Junior about what that means. He is only five, so it might take a few days.

:D

Senexx

Post by Senexx » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:21 pm

The above post is spam. Disregard if it has been deleted since I made this post.

The changes to the constitution seem reasonable.

Disclaimer: I have not read the constitution in full. Or maybe I have. Seems awfully short.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:57 pm

Senexx wrote:The above post is spam. Disregard if it has been deleted since I made this post.

The changes to the constitution seem reasonable.

Disclaimer: I have not read the constitution in full. Or maybe I have. Seems awfully short.
Yes, I know it is likely spam. Thanks ever so much. When you first registered as 'senexx' my first thought was spammer. But, I waited awhile.

So, you have not read the Constitution in full. Which parts did you not read?

Even though you acknowledge your lack of familiarity with the current document, you reckon the proposed changes 'seem reasonable.' How do you credibly do that?

Huh?

freediver

Post by freediver » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:29 pm

Can I have a few more signatures please? If you want to breath some life back into this place, this is what needs to be done.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:54 pm

Do you know how many more you need, Absent Landlord? Had some PMs from Monk, have you?

How about you make a positive contribution with some interesting new Threads, wot?