Israel Folau - hell awaits you

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
sprintcyclist

Re: Israel Folau - hell awaits you

Post by sprintcyclist » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:17 pm

Bobby wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:25 pm
sprintcyclist wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:57 pm
billy the kid wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:48 pm
To be honest, I don't really care who pays for his case...nor do I care for Folau..nor do I care for his religion... or any religion....
nor do I care for the game he plays, or in fact any kind of football, which is really just a bunch of tattooed boneheads running
around masquerading as adults, whilst playing a game designed for children...a game that they once played well as children, but
now don't really want to work for a living, so they continue to play little kids games...
Personally I cant stand any type of football...watching it is like watching paint dry...just as boring...
What I do care about is how the courts decide the case...whether they find in favour of Folau, or whether they
decide in this day and age, if someone quotes the Bible in social media, his employer, no matter who they are, or how gay or
straight they are, can sack his employee....(according to Folau there was no clause in his contract banning what he did...he was simply warned verbally by miss charisma not to use social media.....)
That's the ducks guts....all the hype and the publicity and the go fund me crap is just bullshit from the media because they
think its news and everyone cares......I don't....I couldn't give a toss....
Good comments.

I see it doing a lot of damage to Union Australia.
Homos would not be interested in watching union. No matter the outcome, they won't be union watchers.
No matter the outcome, lots of Christians, Samoans, Islanders and Union followers will leave union.
Union Australia has lost me as a Union Supporter.

For Union Australia, it is a no win scenario

I've lost interest with a club run by Alan Joyce:

I hear you .
I was happy to support the Wallabies when we were losing.
But now our best player has been sacked for quoting the Bible on the net, so homos feel ok about being homos .................

Count me out.
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

cods

Post by cods » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:13 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:41 pm
Alan Joyce just keeps sticking his beak everywhere it doesn't belong. Enough PC rubbish around as it is. An Aussie should be heading Qantas.
seriously black orchid.....I cant believe you said that.....he has re routed Qantas flights to avoid Iran.....

if they [Iran]are taking potshots .... and after the Flight 17.....I am with him on this one....

I think he does a pretty good job they are making money...whats wrong with that?

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:01 pm

I don't believe in corporate activism, Cods. He uses his 'power' as Qantas CEO for his own LGBTQ agenda. He is there to run an airline and not be in front of a camera lobbying his sexual proclivities and political correctness bias. He needs to keep that in the bedroom.

Qantas staff are not allowed to refer to people as 'husband' or' 'wife' because it is gender inappropriate. They were told not to use words like ''mum' or 'dad'. They were told to call Australia's settlement an 'invasion'. There are many other instances but I can't think of them off the top of my head right now. He was extremely active before the SSM vote.

Now he is sticking his beak into Rugby Australia's fight with Folau.

So what if he diverts aircraft around Iran? That's his job. His take home pay in 2017 was $25 million and I find that obscene for a CEO.

He uses Qantas as a platform for his own agenda and, yes, I take objection strongly to that.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:22 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:01 pm
I don't believe in corporate activism, Cods. He uses his 'power' as Qantas CEO for his own LGBTQ agenda. He is there to run an airline and not be in front of a camera lobbying his sexual proclivities and political correctness bias. He needs to keep that in the bedroom.

Qantas staff are not allowed to refer to people as 'husband' or' 'wife' because it is gender inappropriate. They were told not to use words like ''mum' or 'dad'. They were told to call Australia's settlement an 'invasion'. There are many other instances but I can't think of them off the top of my head right now. He was extremely active before the SSM vote.

Now he is sticking his beak into Rugby Australia's fight with Folau.

So what if he diverts aircraft around Iran? That's his job. His take home pay in 2017 was $25 million and I find that obscene for a CEO.

He uses Qantas as a platform for his own agenda and, yes, I take objection strongly to that.
:thumb
25 million...jeez..he'd have boyfriends lining up at his front...no...make that back door...with their dicks in their hands
to get a bite at that...pardon the pun....
Seriously...arent we supposed to love everyone...I think he's stho sthweeet....... :rofl
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Wally Raffles

Post by Wally Raffles » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:39 pm

Bobby wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:24 pm
Wally Raffles wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:17 pm
billy the kid wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:16 pm
Up to over $350K

What does this mean....people don't like footballers being sacked for quoting the Bible...or is it just a backlash
against the LGQTbullshit…..or both...
Ill have a stab at it and say if you interviewed the people pledging money it would be the later....
It will be the Happy Clappers at Hillsong who ignore his wealth, who ignore far more needy causes, and who have been misled by Folau that this is about his right to have his religious opinion. He has them convinced he is their martyr, Jesus like heading for crucifixion by the unholy unless the congregation saves him with their money.

Rugby Union paid the man handsomely and all he had to do was stay within its guidelines in exchange for that wealth. What a gall the man has given he is so rich to take money kids who also want help just to survive might otherwise get. He has called this the 'fight of my life.' He is not fighting for his life at all. There are many actually fighting for their lives, literally. Please give the money to them Folau.

Hi Aussie - sorry I mean Wally,
so you don't think people should have freedom of speech?

Why?

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:08 pm

Heard on the news tonight that there is a disclaimer on his GoFundMe page saying not all of the money raised will necessarily go towards his legal battle :roll:

He's apparently made over $10 million during his football career and has a $6 million property portfolio.

I was pro Folau initially when this first started but not anymore. He is trying to manipulate this and he will lose.

Raven

Post by Raven » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:19 pm

Sacked rugby star Israel Folau has been called out for asking for $3m in donations from the public despite holding a property portfolio worth an estimated $7 million dollars.

The former Waratahs and Wallabies fullback owns six homes, as well as three blocks of land in both NSW and QLD, including a house in Kenthurst, Sydney worth over $2m and a house in Stanhope Gardens, Sydney worth over $1m.

Despite these impressive holdings, Folau has reached out for donations from all Australians, starting up a GoFundMe page and saying “I have the fight of my life on my hands and every little bit will help.”

Folau, who claims he’s already spent $100,000 in legal fees to fight his contract termination, also recently sold a Lamborghini, worth $500,000.

Now, the 30-year-old has been called out for his act of greed – as his GoFundMe earnings surpass $500,000.

Macquarie Radio’s Chris Smith hammered Folau on Weekend Sunrise saying he has “no respect for him at all”.

“You know what GoFundMe’s for? GoFundMe is for kids who need operations on their brain and their kids can’t afford the money,” Smith said.

“Maybe he could sell a property or two or three or four or five or six or seven and then he could fund the legal action himself.”

Link

The absolute nerve of this bloke. The bloke has been earning a million bucks a year for quite a few years and is now asking strangers to pay for his legal fees. Unreal.

He's trying to frame this as a great fight for freedom of speech and freedom of religion. But it's not. He's fighting a breach of contract.

Oh but he was happy to throw his religious beliefs out the window a few years ago when, in an effort to gain lucrative sponsorships, expand his fan base and boost his profile he appeared on the front page of a gay newspaper!

This isn't about freedom of speech or freedom of religion. It's about money. That is all he cares about.
Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:45 pm

Agree and it is his greed that will be his undoing in Australia. He will have to go and live overseas if he wants to further his career at all.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:07 pm

This is the disclaimer ...
"In making this contribution I acknowledge that my contributions are made freely as a gift on the basis previously affirmed and that there will be no obligations on Israel Folau to do anything for me in recognition of the gift or to apply the funds in any particular way with respect to his legal action, and that I hold no expectation to receive anything in return for my contribution."

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:36 pm

How very "Christian" of him :rofl

I did wonder that when I heard about the Go Fund me page. It didn't add up that a high profile sportsman needed to leech funds from the public.

The whole thing is a farce on both sides. He posted a religious meme on his personal social media. It is simply words on a screen for fuck's sake, and anybody with half a brain would think, who cares? What is there to be offended over, if you don't believe in hell anyway? Would it blow up to be a clusterfuck if it was quran meme? Or is that okay because, "culture"?

The whole thing is pathetic. I used to enjoy the footy (AFL) but the political bullshit that has seeped into every aspect of our lives, like a cancer, completely turned me off, to the point I cannot be bothered any more. I will still cheer my team, Hawthorn on, if I hear about them or see snippets. But I'm not overly invested.