Greta Thunberg

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
brian ross

Re: Greta Thunberg

Post by brian ross » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:36 pm

She suffers from Aspberger's Syndrome, a variation on Autism. She is young. She knows that she should as we all should care about the environment. She attacks the world's leaders who are beholden to the Fossil Fuel industries. She more than likely does have solutions but the media more than likely is mesmerised by the idea of a 16 year old holding the world's leaders to task.

Attacking her though, is a smokescreen to hide the very real dangers and effects we are all suffering from. The UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change has just released it's latest report on Climate Change. It paints an even more alarming and bleaker picture. Yet everybody is avoiding talking about it because they want to concentrate on Greta Thurnberg. Why? Is it 'cause it is too hard to admit that we all need to change in order to save the planet? :roll: :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:48 pm

I understand why you are so enamoured with her, Brian, but "more than likely" she is just setting the cause back. She is not the messiah for climate change that you see her as.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:01 pm

Would anyone on this forum...or off it for that matter, engage a person with a mental disorder as their
defence attorney to defend serious criminal charges....
Would anyone engage a person with a mental disorder to perform heart surgery on them...
Would anyone accept and act on financial advice given by an advisor with a mental disorder...
Answer to all these "situations"..is a resounding no!!!!!!!!
Why then would anyone accept what this poor stupid little exploited girl is telling us...…
She is obviously seen as very suitable by those climate change "experts" which would obviously
be in her ear 24/7....so much as to have her on the cover of Time..... :rofl
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:03 pm

All she is doing is causing further polarisation and politicisation of the issue.

She's a product of the extreme left, vegan and seems she's a fan of Antifa.

I totally agree we should be moving away from fossil fuels for a variety of reasons, AGW being one of them..but...we don't need a snarling snapping mentally ill girl used as an instrument of the left.

How about getting 100 of the most loved, respected and non-politically aligned science literate and media savy people in the world to convince all sides of the political spectrum to move away from fossil fuels.

I'd pick people like Chris Hadfield, Neil Degrasse tyson, Brian Greene, David Attenborough etc etc etc.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:15 pm

She got a right thrashing here
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:41 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:48 pm
I understand why you are so enamoured with her, Brian, but "more than likely" she is just setting the cause back. She is not the messiah for climate change that you see her as.
I don't see her as a Messiah in the slightest, Black Orchid. I'd much rather talk about what cause she is championing rather than the champion. You and the others here, OTOH, like nothing more than to attack her. Again I ask, is it 'cause it's too hard to talk about the need for change? Do you like the idea of hotter and hotter summers and colder and colder winters? :roll:

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:46 pm

Gordon wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:03 pm
All she is doing is causing further polarisation and politicisation of the issue.

She's a product of the extreme left, vegan and seems she's a fan of Antifa.

I totally agree we should be moving away from fossil fuels for a variety of reasons, AGW being one of them..but...we don't need a snarling snapping mentally ill girl used as an instrument of the left.

How about getting 100 of the most loved, respected and non-politically aligned science literate and media savy people in the world to convince all sides of the political spectrum to move away from fossil fuels.

I'd pick people like Chris Hadfield, Neil Degrasse tyson, Brian Greene, David Attenborough etc etc etc.
In part I agree with you. Greta is not "mentally ill". Aspberger's is not a "mental illness." It is a mental difference. The concept of "illness" is that it is curable. Autism is not curable.

Thurnberg is typical of the media attention on individuals. She stands out, she is articulate and she is dedicated. There is nothing wrong with all those things.

What is needed is for politicians to stop taking money from the Fossil Fuel industry and hiding their heads up the their arses and actually acknowledge the world is in trouble. Until that happens, we as a world are pretty much fucked. Will it happen? I doubt it because the world's leaders are (primarily) older men and old men don't like being told things they won't attempt to understand. :roll:

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:49 pm

Brian.

Thunberg says she first heard about climate change in 2011, when she was 8 years old, and could not understand why so little was being done about it.[12] Three years later she became depressed and lethargic, stopped talking and eating, and was eventually diagnosed with Asperger syndrome,[13] obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD),[13] and selective mutism.[13

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greta_Thunberg

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:54 pm

brian ross wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:41 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:48 pm
I don't see her as a Messiah in the slightest, Black Orchid. I'd much rather talk about what cause she is championing rather than the champion. You and the others here, OTOH, like nothing more than to attack her. Again I ask, is it 'cause it's too hard to talk about the need for change? Do you like the idea of hotter and hotter summers and colder and colder winters? :roll:
Your skills are on a par with Greta's. Which is why you alienate debate rather than encourage it.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:59 pm

Gordon wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:49 pm
Brian.

Thunberg says she first heard about climate change in 2011, when she was 8 years old, and could not understand why so little was being done about it.[12] Three years later she became depressed and lethargic, stopped talking and eating, and was eventually diagnosed with Asperger syndrome,[13] obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD),[13] and selective mutism.[13

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greta_Thunberg
As your own quote notes, Gordon, she has Asperger's syndrome. You do know what Asperger's Syndrome is, I hope? Get back to us when you know and understand it. :roll: