Trump Bans Transgenders in US Military

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Black Orchid

Trump Bans Transgenders in US Military

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:14 am

Donald Trump has said he will not allow transgender individuals to serve in the United States military in any capacity, seemingly unwinding landmark Pentagon policy just 12 months after a transgender ban was lifted.

The Pentagon released a statement saying that all questions on Mr Trump's transgender ban should be referred to the White House.

The announcement, in a series of unexpected Twitter posts, drew swift condemnation from rights groups and politicians on both sides as "raw prejudice" with purely political motives, but it was praised by conservative activists and some Republicans.

Up until five years ago, the US military still banned gay troops from openly discussing their sexuality under a "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

But in June 2016, after years of progress to open up the doors to women and the gay community, the Pentagon announced transgender personnel would no longer be barred from serving openly in the US military, in what was considered a major milestone, despite criticisms.

Australian culture is becoming increasingly queer friendly, but sometimes progress doesn't feel fast enough.
Under last year's policy, the Pentagon said it would cover medical expenses related to being transgender, including gender reassignment surgeries when they are deemed "medically necessary".

There are currently as many as 250 service members in the process of transitioning to their preferred genders or who have been approved to formally change gender within the Pentagon's personnel system, according to several defence officials.

But Mr Trump's latest tweets said the US military could no longer afford to be "burdened" by the medical costs and disruption of transgender individuals.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-26/t ... ry/8747018

I am in two minds. On the one hand I think that anyone who wants to serve their country should be allowed to do so.

On the other hand, I do not think the Pentagon should cover the medical expenses of "transitioning". That is asking for trouble and encouraging people to join the military for selfish reasons relating to furthering their own agendas.

I think you should expect to receive a good and free education when you join the military and want to fight for your country but sex change surgery? Really?

AiA in Atlanta

Re: Trump Bans Transgenders in US Military

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:55 am

It may not be legal ...

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:07 am

It was up up until June 2016.

Why should the US taxpayer fork out for perversion conversions?
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

762NATO

Post by 762NATO » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:02 pm

It is a privilege not a right to serve . Any military would (or fucken should) be hesitant to have mentally ill people in its ranks.

J o h n S m i t h

Post by J o h n S m i t h » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:05 pm

I agree that taxpayers shouldn't be paying for them to have their dicks chopped off..... that's their choice and they should pay. Why the military started paying for it in the first place makes no sense.

Having said that, if they meet all the requirements required of them, no reason why they shouldn't join

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:22 pm

J o h n S m i t h wrote:I agree that taxpayers shouldn't be paying for them to have their dicks chopped off..... that's their choice and they should pay. Why the military started paying for it in the first place makes no sense.

Having said that, if they meet all the requirements required of them, no reason why they shouldn't join
But they're perverted.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:34 pm

Transgenders need to take prolonged medication yet people with Diabetes etc are not eligible because of their medication. It's pandering to minorities yet again. It needs to be a fair playing field for all ... or not.

Obama was obsessed with installing transgender bathrooms everywhere yet I understand that in the military showers etc are communal. When will that come up?

J o h n S m i t h

Post by J o h n S m i t h » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:38 pm

Sir Bobby wrote:
J o h n S m i t h wrote:I agree that taxpayers shouldn't be paying for them to have their dicks chopped off..... that's their choice and they should pay. Why the military started paying for it in the first place makes no sense.

But they're perverted.
What do you care what they do in their bedrooms?
they're putting their life on the line to protect your freedoms. I'd rather a brave poof fighting on my side than a cowardly straight guy.

762NATO

Post by 762NATO » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:03 pm

762NATO wrote:It is a privilege not a right to serve . Any military would (or fucken should) be hesitant to have mentally ill people in its ranks.

Are you completely stupid Smiff or is it just an act, you are the only one obsessed with poofters and their bedrooms, this is about transgenders, not poofters , in the military not private bedrooms......you fuckhead
Last edited by 762NATO on Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J o h n S m i t h

Post by J o h n S m i t h » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:07 pm

762NATO wrote:
762NATO wrote:It is a privilege not a right to serve . Any military would (or fucken should) be hesitant to have mentally ill people in its ranks.

Are you completely stupid Smiff or is it just an act
why you would repeat such a stupid comment, when it looked like you got away with no one noticing the first time, escapes me. :roll: :roll: