The impeachment inquiry

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Black Orchid

Re: The impeachment inquiry

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:35 pm

Maybe the Dems are trying to bribe more 'whistleblowers'. Will we see any charges of treason arise from this?

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:38 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:35 pm
Maybe the Dems are trying to bribe more 'whistleblowers'. Will we see any charges of treason arise from this?

Trump is Mr Teflon -
he can get out of anything. :lol:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:39 pm

I don't see how he has done anything wrong. Do you?

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:43 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:39 pm
Are you kidding?

FFS are you blind? Well wait an see!

OMG Cant believe it the man is an embarrassment almost daily!!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:47 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
He's being a bit funny about his tax returns and it's led
to people making up hypothetical stories.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49963910

Judge orders Trump to hand over eight years of tax returns
7 October 2019
A judge has ordered US President Donald Trump to hand over eight years of his tax returns to New York investigators.
The judge rejected arguments by the president's lawyers that Mr Trump enjoyed total immunity while in office.
The ruling helps an investigation into hush money paid to two women who claim they had affairs with Mr Trump.
Prosecutors said in a court filing that every US president since Jimmy Carter had voluntarily released his tax returns before or upon taking office.
In his 75-page decision on Monday, Judge Victor Marrero called the president's claim of immunity "repugnant to the nation's governmental structure and constitutional values", writing that he would not allow a "categorical and limitless assertion of presidential immunity from judicial process".

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:54 pm

Redneck wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:43 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Are you kidding?

You don't think Biden should be investigated even after his own admissions? Red your sheer hatred for him is just blinding you. Not me!

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:22 pm

Bobby wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:47 pm
Black Orchid wrote:

7 October 2019
A judge has ordered US President Donald Trump to hand over eight years of his tax returns to New York investigators.
The judge rejected arguments by the president's lawyers that Mr Trump enjoyed total immunity while in office.
The ruling helps an investigation into hush money paid to two women who claim they had affairs with Mr Trump.
Prosecutors said in a court filing that every US president since Jimmy Carter had voluntarily released his tax returns before or upon taking office.
In his 75-page decision on Monday, Judge Victor Marrero called the president's claim of immunity "repugnant to the nation's governmental structure and constitutional values", writing that he would not allow a "categorical and limitless assertion of presidential immunity from judicial process".
It would be far better if they tried to beat him in 2020 instead of these constant underhanded and chaotic tactics which go against the wishes of the American people and the democracy under which he was elected.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:56 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:54 pm
Redneck wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:43 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Are you kidding?

You don't think Biden should be investigated even after his own admissions? Red your sheer hatred for him is just blinding you. Not me!
Biden doesn't hold any office. Trump does, Black Orchid. It appears you believe that el Presidente means Trump is immune to the legal ramifications for his actions. No one has argued that for Biden. Lets see the Trumpites stump up something. There is plenty on the table against Trump already. :roll: :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:01 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:22 pm
Bobby wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:47 pm
Black Orchid wrote:

7 October 2019
It would be far better if they tried to beat him in 2020 instead of these constant underhanded and chaotic tactics which go against the wishes of the American people and the democracy under which he was elected.
1. We have been through this before. Trump was not democratically elected to the office of el Presendent', Black Orchid. Hilary won more votes than Trump did. Trump won the office through the Electoral College - a non-democratic form of election. :roll:

2. The wishes of the American people? With less than 40% of the eligible voters, voting in the 2016 election, I somehow doubt the approximate 19% who voted for Trump represent the "wishes of the American people." :roll:

3. I agree it would be far better to beat him in 2020. These however appear to be just the preliminaries to 2020. I also agree they are mistaken to be pursuing him this way. :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:11 pm

He was elected President, Brian, so get over it. He was elected democratically via their system. If you don't agree with it too bad.

Name the statute or code that says it is illegal for a President to ask a foreign country to investigate a potential crime.