US and Iran

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Black Orchid

Re: US and Iran

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:47 pm

There there Brian. It appears you have a ....... 8-)

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:57 pm

A small amount of googling by anyone with half a brain (that obviously exclude the resident moron)
will see that Fox is not the only news outlet reporting this...how anyone can dispute the incident is beyond me...
The resident moron was also proven wrong about the Iranian Revolutionary Guards...not hard to do
Its all getting a bit boring..... :rofl
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:01 pm

Yes, Quds Force is a well armed and well manned scourge who most definitely DO go on the offensive. Constantly!

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:19 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:47 pm
There there Brian. It appears you have a ....... 8-)

The reality behind Fox News and it's bullshit...

Fox News basically lies or slants the news in one direction alone - the Conservative Right-Wing views of the Rethuglians. Which it appears you swallow all too willingly, Black Orchid. You show no critical abilities at all. Do you like the ring in your nose? :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:24 pm

Brian this is a topic about the US and Iran. Would you like to make a separate Fox News topic?

Meanwhile disprove what I have posted about the Iranians trying to intercept a British ship. You can't. :roll:

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:46 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:24 pm
Brian this is a topic about the US and Iran. Would you like to make a separate Fox News topic?

Meanwhile disprove what I have posted about the Iranians trying to intercept a British ship. You can't. :roll:
When are you going to realise I am NOT disputing that point. I am disputing the use of Fox News as a credible news source. You really are a wally, aren't you, Black Orchid. :roll: :roll:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:51 pm

brian ross wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:46 pm
Black Orchid wrote:

When are you going to realise I am NOT disputing that point. I am disputing the use of Fox News as a credible news source. You really are a wally, aren't you, Black Orchid. :roll: :roll:
No Brian you are the wally because you have taken the thread way off topic, for two pages, with a red herring just because you didn't like the news source even though it is TRUE what was reported! :roll: :roll:

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:03 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:51 pm
brian ross wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:46 pm
Black Orchid wrote:

No Brian you are the wally because you have taken the thread way off topic, for two pages, with a red herring just because you didn't like the news source even though it is TRUE what was reported! :roll: :roll:

Run along, Black Orchid, run along. I can hear you being called back to the little kiddies' playground where fools like you belong. :roll: :roll:

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:14 am

brian ross wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:19 pm
Fox News basically lies or slants the news in one direction alone - the Conservative Right-Wing views of the Rethuglians. Which it appears you swallow all too willingly, Black Orchid. You show no critical abilities at all. Do you like the ring in your nose? :roll:
Of course Fox News leans right. But not as much as the rest of the U.S. media lean left. Regardless, Fox is just one island in an ocean of leftists.

But don't take my word for it. Harvard -- not exactly known for staunch right-wing attitudes -- came to the following conclusion after conducting its own study in 2017:
https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/ ... olumn.html

The study found that in Trump's first 100 days in office, the tone of the news coverage of the president has been a whopping 80 percent negative to 20 percent positive.

CNN and NBC struck a 93 percent negative tone on their Trump stories, with only 7 percent positive. CBS was third in the anti-Trump race, with a 91 to 9 ratio. And the pro-Trump Fox News? That network was 52 percent negative to 48 percent positive.

OK, but that was 2017. Surely the media have become more balanced in the interim, yes? Ummm ... no:
https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/16/stud ... 0-percent/

The Media Research Center analyzed news coverage of the Trump administration on ABC, CBS and NBC’s evening news broadcasts and found that the president received a stunning 90-percent negative coverage in 2018.

Sure, you can argue that the Media Research Center is a right-leaning group. But when their results mirror Harvard's, it's kind of hard to accuse them of skewing reality.

Besides, the Pew Research Center's Journalism Project came to a similar conclusion about coverage of Trump -- and found a significant difference in the way the same media reported on previous presidents:
https://www.npr.org/2017/10/02/55509274 ... presidents

Fully two-thirds of news stories about Trump from his first 60 days in office were negative by that definition — more than twice the negativity seen in stories from the first 60 days of Bill Clinton, George W. Bush or Barack Obama's presidencies.

For that matter, so did Harvard:

Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush also received much negative coverage in their first 100 days, at about 60-40 ratios. So how was President Obama covered in his first 100 days? With a 60-40 positive to negative ratio, according to the Harvard study

Proving once again that America's supposed media watchdogs became lapdogs during the Obama years. When it came to the old 1960s saying -- QUESTION AUTHORITY -- they interpreted it as "OK, Mr. Obama, what would you like us to do next?"

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:51 pm

The4thEstate wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:14 am
brian ross wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:19 pm
Of course Fox News leans right. But not as much as the rest of the U.S. media lean left. Regardless, Fox is just one island in an ocean of leftists.
IYO, 4E. However, as you're a rightist, you don't see a problem with it. As an external observer, I do. Fox News lies and distorts the news to suit the agenda of the Lovecraftian Horror who owns it, the American Rupert Murdoch. Thankfully he is really your nation's problem now. Enjoy him. :lol: