Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:48 pm
YOU are the one who needs to be ignored, Brian! :lol:

Then ignore me, Black Orchid, ignore me. :roll
I might if you stopped quoting me. :lol:

Redneck

Re: The impeachment inquiry

Post by Redneck » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:54 pm

So when voting for the president you are really only voting for your parties electors to be chosen,

so if democrats win the vote in that state they will have all their group of electors ready to vote along party lines in the vote for president in December (55 votes in the California example to Hillary)

Mmmm a very interesting concept, not sure how this protects smaller states interests though!

Ah just read something, that is the smaller states get a minimum of two electors which may give them an advantage based on some having small populations that wouldn't really warrant two.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:42 pm

brian ross wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:09 pm

All I am seeking is a fairer, more representational system for your country. The Westminster or the Washminster system as we use downunder could be one such alternative. Before commenting further, please learn about such alternatives. :roll
What business is it of yours what "system" they use in the United States?

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:45 pm

brian ross wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:33 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:28 pm
I suggest listening to the Americans explain their system and not Brian's bias. :thumb
Yeah. Do that. Get just as confused as the Septics are. :roll

There are alternatives. Explore them. Understand where and why they are often fairer than the confused American system is. :rofl
Why are you being so rude and uncouth to our "new" American Members?

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:52 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:45 pm
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
I suggest listening to the Americans explain their system and not Brian's bias. :thumb

There are alternatives. Explore them. Understand where and why they are often fairer than the confused American system is. :rofl
he hides under the anonymity of the chatroom
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:59 pm

Redneck wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:54 pm
So when voting for the president you are really only voting for your parties electors to be chosen,

so if democrats win the vote in that state they will have all their group of electors ready to vote along party lines in the vote for president in December (55 votes in the California example to Hillary)

Mmmm a very interesting concept, not sure how this protects smaller states interests though!

Ah just read something, that is the smaller states get a minimum of two electors which may give them an advantage based on some having small populations that wouldn't really warrant two.
The American "system" is not that unlike our own. I remember reading up on it when I first got the Internet and a huge bunch of American email friends.

They have a similar "upper house" and "lower house" (House of Representatives/Congress and Senate). They have a similar system when it comes to how many Ministers/Congressmen/Senators each State can have according to population.

They no more directly "elect" the President, than we "elect" our Prime Minister. Each Party has a "leader" and the one (the Party) who gets the most votes wins.

The United States just doesn't have our stupid preferential voting system, or the fact that we HAVE to turn up at the Polling Booth if we are silly enough to register our name on the Rolls. :rofl

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:28 am

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., insists that if House Speaker Nancy Pelosi does not deliver articles of impeachment against President Trump to the Senate by the end of the week, the Senate should "take matters in our own hands."

Graham accused Pelosi of playing political games and trying to exert control over the Senate trial by keeping it from starting. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., recognized Friday on the Senate floor the chamber's rules prevented him from doing anything until Pelosi does her part, but Graham proposed a solution that could remove what McConnell has called an "impasse" in the process.

"What I would do, if she continues to refuse to send the articles as required by the Constitution, I would work with Senator McConnell to change the rules of the Senate so we could start the trial without her, if necessary," Graham proposed.

When asked how long he would wait before taking this step, Graham replied, “Days, not weeks.”

Graham justified this by claiming that Pelosi was engaging in a "political stunt" by holding off on sending the impeachment articles to the Senate, weeks after they were approved by a House vote. He said McConnell would not let her dictate how events unfold.

"Well, we’re not going to let Nancy Pelosi use the rules of the Senate to her advantage. This is dangerous to the presidency as an institution," Graham said. "They impeached the president, but the speaker of the hosue is holding the articles back, trying to extort from the majority leader of the Senate a trial to her liking. They’re trying to hold these articles over the head of the president.”
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/graham ... nt-process

She cannot hold on to this indefinitely. She is setting a precedent whereby this could be used as a political tool against any future President including those from her own party.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:02 pm

sprintcyclist wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:52 pm
Neferti~ wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:

What "anonymity", Sprint? I use my real name as my login. I speak my mind and I stand by my comments. Unlike yourself... :roll
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

BigP

Post by BigP » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:05 pm

brian ross wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:02 pm
sprintcyclist wrote:
Neferti~ wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:

What "anonymity", Sprint? I use my real name as my login. I speak my mind and I stand by my comments. Unlike yourself... :roll
Thats a fair call Brian, If your name is Brian Ross,,,?

I have never made any secret about who I am or where I live , as Nancy will be able to attest lol

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:31 pm

BigP wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:05 pm
brian ross wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:02 pm
sprintcyclist wrote:
Neferti~ wrote:
brian ross wrote:

Thats a fair call Brian, If your name is Brian Ross,,,?

I have never made any secret about who I am or where I live , as Nancy will be able to attest lol
My name is indeed Brian Ross. I stand by my comments. Anybody can find me in the white pages if they care to look. "Sprintcyclist" speaks about anonymity. What a joke! :rofl
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair