biden deteriorating

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
sprintcyclist

Re: biden deteriorating

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:46 am

I do. I care.

America is the flag of many of my beliefs, it has been the world leader for the best years the World has had.
To see it go awry as badly as it has done for the obama period was awful. Now Biden is a worry.
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:29 am

I care too because it impacts us in a huge way. Without the US we'd all be speaking Japanese. The Brits would never get here in time to save us if something ever went down and I very much doubt they'd even care.

The Brits would see us all dead before lifting a finger.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:03 pm

Consider this, Nef.

The US is a metaphor for modern, Western civilization... as indeed Sprint alluded. It was big and bold; full of freedoms for and of the people. The entrepreneurial spirit was thriving there, as it was in other power houses throughout Europe. Australia, being a rather small and still a very young nation, admired this and sort to, and I would reason succeeded in emulating that model.

Now the West is in decline, or alternatively, The East is now making its ascension and it is not so free spirited as The West. As a consequence The West, in order to compete, are sacrificing freedoms... allegedly for the good of the people.

I could go on... but the point is, we need to watch what is unfolding there as they are the vanguard of the West's demise as it was our ascension.
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:20 pm

I predicted 25 years ago (when I first got the Internet) that China would become the World Leader (unfortunately) and I think it is looking that way. American politics has a lot to answer for, we in Australia don't need to be like them or have our TV News full of it. I blame the MSM.

If you check all the things that Australian scientists (and even "Joe Blow") have created and sold off to America, you might understand what I am getting at. We are a small population and, once upon a time, we did more than just pull our weight! We are being overtaken by the Yanks (including language) and I don't like it!

Aussie Inventions

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:50 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:20 pm
I predicted 25 years ago (when I first got the Internet) that China would become the World Leader (unfortunately) and I think it is looking that way. American politics has a lot to answer for, we in Australia don't need to be like them or have our TV News full of it. I blame the MSM.

If you check all the things that Australian scientists (and even "Joe Blow") have created and sold off to America, you might understand what I am getting at. We are a small population and, once upon a time, we did more than just pull our weight! We are being overtaken by the Yanks (including language) and I don't like it!

Aussie Inventions
Many predict that China is less than 5 years away from surpassing America's GDP. So on that score, Nef, your prediction was correct.
On the matter of our inventions being sold off to the US... that is the Universities of Australia doing that to make money because govts here don't fund start-ups. They make a fortune doing that, the proceeds of which fund future projects.

And whilst it is true that China is on the rise, India too is moving at break-neck speed into becoming yet another super-power.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:14 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:50 pm
Neferti~ wrote:

Aussie Inventions
Many predict that China is less than 5 years away from surpassing America's GDP. So on that score, Nef, your prediction was correct.
On the matter of our inventions being sold off to the US... that is the Universities of Australia doing that to make money because govts here don't fund start-ups. They make a fortune doing that, the proceeds of which fund future projects.

And whilst it is true that China is on the rise, India too is moving at break-neck speed into becoming yet another super-power.
Well, our bloody Governments (both varieties) should be doing the right thing and start FUNDING this sort of thing.

As far as China and India are concerned, they have people who are prepared to do the manual shit work. Most Aussies call themselves "middle class" and the shit jobs (in factories and the like) are below them, so we have all these "unemployed" people who can't find a "middle class" job. We no longer have a manufacturing industry, about the lowest Aussies will go is to work in retail. :roll

Perhaps we should have let the Japanese invade us, have you seen their VFTs and all the stuff that they produce? I'd buy Japanese before buying Chinese and I wouldn't look at anything Indian. :D

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:19 pm

Neferti~ wrote:

Aussie Inventions
' .....................that China would become the World Leader .............. '

yes, that was predicted for some time. well done
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:21 pm

Bottom line is everything in Australia costs an arm and a leg....
People wont bust their arses going to work for 40 years, 8 til 5...5 days a
week for 52 weeks a year..sorry..take off 3 weeks for holidays....
when they are working for crumbs whilst making some rich bastard richer....
If theres no reward for effort...theres no effort....
If I had kids leaving school today the last thing Id be doing would be to
recommend the life I described above....
Plus a lot of people, if they work in small businesses, have little or no job security...
Plus if Bill or Mary get married and have kids....it gets harder....
There is no point people being given higher wages though, because next
week the rent goes up twenty bucks a week, and petrol goes up as well...
BUT I digress....
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:25 pm

sprintcyclist wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:19 pm
Neferti~ wrote:

Aussie Inventions
' .....................that China would become the World Leader .............. '

yes, that was predicted for some time. well done
With Biden in the hot seat and China being obnoxious, I hate to think what could happen! I hope America has lots of big bombs!!! :roll

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:16 pm

With Biden in the hot seat, his admin has claimed to have a huge infrastructure spending spree. Certainly it is well over due. I wonder why Trump didn't? Too busy handing out free cash to banks and corporate's, I suppose. Corporates and banks would have to be the most morally corrupt entities that humans have ever created. They excel at pillage and plunder, stripping the land of resources then move on to the next 'opportunity', leaving dangerous ghettos in their wake.

I see that it the turn of Texas to get the next 'corporate' experience. The leaders are ecstatic! They are being indulge by the lobbyists in order that those lobbyists get as much as possible for as little as possible. Just another ghetto in the making.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDqk2AxvooI