America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
The4thEstate

Re: Trump prepares for Iran war.

Post by The4thEstate » Tue May 14, 2019 10:54 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:31 am
The4thEstate wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:30 am
I can think of a lot smarter ways to deal with the world's largest sponsor of terrorism than to give them $150 billion. Duh.
You and every other sane person on the planet.
Yeah, but that doesn't include our fellow forum member, Mr. "Any Government That Oppresses Women and Hates America Can't Be All Bad."

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue May 14, 2019 12:05 pm

The4thEstate wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 2:57 pm
Donald will do what Bibi tells him.
The4thEstate wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:16 am
As opposed to giving the Iranian mullahs $150 billion in return for their Scout's honor not to go nuclear, as Obama did?
brian ross wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:37 pm
Can you think of a better way to get co-operation out of people, rather than using threats to cower them, 4E?
I can think of a lot smarter ways to deal with the world's largest sponsor of terrorism than to give them $150 billion. Duh.

Did you notice that the iranians were still chanting, "Death to America" and testing ballistic missiles even after Obama paid them his tribute? (Washington Post -- Jan 10, 2017 -- "Iran has test-fired several ballistic missiles since the nuclear deal.")
Could have been for several reasons but the most likely is that the revolutionary guard has a mind of it's own...

Rather like Curtis Lemay's overflights of the fUSSR despite being forbidden to undertake them. Now, that was real smart, wasn't it?
The4thEstate wrote:
I'll take Trump's friendly treatment of genuine allies, thank you very much.
brian ross wrote:
Ah, yes, you mean subservient people who do as they are told and make American great again, hey?
But ... but ... but Bobby said Trump does what Netanyahu wants him to do.

Can't have it both ways, Trumpophobes! Get your story straight!
Bobby is well, Bobby. You have take special care of him. Me, OTOH, I am much smarter and much more knowledgeable than him.

Care to explain why Trump wants to treat Canada and Mexico the way he does, economically? How about how he treats most of Western Europe? Japan? Australia? I do hope you've been aware that for most of el Presidente' Trump's administration your nation hasn't had an ambassador in Canberra? Such a nice way to show how much he cares about us, hey?
brian ross wrote:
That is how Trump treats "genuine allies". Obviously he and you have a different definition of what "alliance" means to the rest of the world. :roll:
Is there a concrete example hiding somewhere within your post?

(Gee, let's see ... Iran or Israel, who's the better American ally? Such a tough one to ponder ...)
Israel has been a close ally of the US a lot less time than most of Western Europe, including the UK. Australia has been a close ally of the US longer than Israel has. Yet, we are all complaining about how Trump treats us while he jumps to do what Bibi asks of him (move the Embassy, recognise the annexation of the Occupied Territories, etc.). Tsk, tsk, perhaps Bobby is right after all? :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Tue May 14, 2019 12:37 pm

Bobby is always right.

The Mechanic

Post by The Mechanic » Tue May 14, 2019 1:17 pm

There will be no War with Iran...

Trump is backing out of war zones all over the globe 🌍

Watch what he actually does.. not listen to the fake news media...

He’s just sending them a message...
Beware the Fury of a Patient Man Q WWG1WGA ▄︻╦デ╤一

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Tue May 14, 2019 1:32 pm

The Mechanic wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:17 pm

' ........ Trump is backing out of war zones all over the globe .......... '

Yes. that is great
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue May 14, 2019 3:42 pm

Trump doesn't strike me as a warmonger. My American friends are all Republicans and they haven't mentioned anything. ;)

Serial Brain 9

Post by Serial Brain 9 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:00 pm

The problem with Iran is traitor John Kerry.

He's been in their ear non stop telling them no to deal with Trump - and to wait him out.

This is in violation of the Logan Act and Trump called him out on it a day or two ago.
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Tue May 14, 2019 11:32 pm

The4thEstate wrote:

Did you notice that the iranians were still chanting, "Death to America" and testing ballistic missiles even after Obama paid them his tribute? (Washington Post -- Jan 10, 2017 -- "Iran has test-fired several ballistic missiles since the nuclear deal.")
brian ross wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:05 pm
Could have been for several reasons but the most likely is that the revolutionary guard has a mind of it's own...
Oh, RIGHT, the Guard tests ballistic missiles without the mullahs knowing about it beforehand or approving it.

Yeah, those crazy kids are such technical whizzes, sometimes the white-bearded old men in the funny hats and bathrobes just can't keep up with all the mischief they're getting into!
brian ross wrote:
Rather like Curtis Lemay's overflights of the fUSSR despite being forbidden to undertake them. Now, that was real smart, wasn't it?
Who cares ... in 1991, the Soviet Union folded like a cheap tent in a hurricane.
The4thEstate wrote:
But ... but ... but Bobby said Trump does what Netanyahu wants him to do.

Can't have it both ways, Trumpophobes! Get your story straight!
brian ross wrote:
Bobby is well, Bobby. You have take special care of him. Me, OTOH, I am much smarter and much more knowledgeable than him.
Ooh, all this dissension in the Trumpophobe ranks and me out of popcorn!
brian ross wrote:
Care to explain why Trump wants to treat Canada and Mexico the way he does, economically? How about how he treats most of Western Europe? Japan? Australia?
Sure, it's called "putting America first and expecting to trade with our allies on even terms."

Here's an example of what nice guys the Canadians have been with their trade policies: "After a small fixed quota of U.S. exports is reached, Canada imposes a tariff on any dairy products brought into the country, with the level varying a bit depending on the specific product. For instance, fluid milk is 241 percent, cheese is 245.5 percent, ice cream is 277 percent, cream is 292.5 percent, and butter is 298.5 percent."
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-mete ... canadas-2/

So, Trump is representing his own nation's interests instead of subscribing to the Obama policy of "gosh, it's just not fair that our economy is bigger than theirs is, and we don't want to look like bullies, and just think how much better they'll like us if we take it in the shorts without complaining; gee, they might even invite us to their next birthday party!"

As for Mexico, Trump is tired of American companies skipping across the southern border and leaving cities in the Heartland with thousands of out-of-work employees. He's also not crazy about the Mexican government acting as a shuttle service for Central American migrants instead of closing their own southern border.

As for Western Europe, Google "NATO and how much each nation is supposed to be contributing."

I don't know what you're complaining about with regard to Japan. It's easy to see why Obama was more popular internationally than Trump -- Obama was like the uncle who visits once a year, takes the kids out for ice cream and candy bars, and never imposes a shred of discipline when he's out of their parents' sight.
brian ross wrote:
I do hope you've been aware that for most of el Presidente' Trump's administration your nation hasn't had an ambassador in Canberra? Such a nice way to show how much he cares about us, hey?
Yeah, it's a real crisis, isn't it? Here's something even you might be able to understand:
http://theconversation.com/there-is-sti ... cern-95711

"Over the years, the US and other countries have appointed businessmen, ex-politicians, fundraisers and other people from outside the diplomatic establishment to ambassadorial positions. Arguably, such appointments reflect the diminished role of ambassadors. The reality is that modern foreign policy work actually happens at home – in the external affairs departments of governments. In the US, foreign policy is the domain of the Department of State."
brian ross wrote:
Israel has been a close ally of the US a lot less time than most of Western Europe, including the UK. Australia has been a close ally of the US longer than Israel has. Yet, we are all complaining about how Trump treats us while he jumps to do what Bibi asks of him (move the Embassy, recognise the annexation of the Occupied Territories, etc.). Tsk, tsk, perhaps Bobby is right after all? :roll:
I get it: You hate Israel as much as America's Congressional hijab harpy, Ilhan "Mullah" Omar. Mean old Bibi, not letting those poor oppressed Palestinians fire their little rockets into Israeli neighborhoods!

Anyway, why are you jealous of Trump recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capital? It has nothing to do with Australia ... unless there's some other city besides Canberra that you think Trump ought to recognize. Or is it just a case of "Mommy, stop giving Baby Jeffrey his bottle feeding and pay attention to me!"

Fact is, U.S. presidents have been falsely promising to recognize Jerusalem since the 1990s: https://dailycaller.com/2017/12/06/flas ... jerusalem/

So don't get your national self-esteem in a twist. Trump is simply making good on a quarter-century-old promise. Imagine that, a politician keeping his word!

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Wed May 15, 2019 10:36 am

It is sad that here in Australia, all we get from the media is negativity about Trump...and like the sheep we are, everyone
believes the crap....
I read recently details of all the good things Trump has done since he came the power....
The list is as long as your arm....but of course no-one has ever seen that list in Australia.....
If we had someone like Trump in Australia.....he put a fkn broom through all the shit we have in
Canberra....theyd be running for the hills....
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed May 15, 2019 12:00 pm

The Mechanic wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:17 pm

This ^^^^^

It's "peace through strength". By posturing our military, Iran will think twice about starting something. They would have already crossed over 0bama's line in the sand if he were still president and Hillary would have started a war to hide any dirt Iran has on her. It's a lot cheaper than dropping bombs and sending in soldiers. As the father of a US service member, I appreciate his stance immensely, even though the closest my son would likely get is Qatar.