The impeachment inquiry

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Black Orchid

Re: The impeachment inquiry

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:03 pm

Former Rep. Trey Gowdy was fired as a Fox News contributor, a spokesperson for the network told CNBC on Wednesday, as he joins President Donald Trump’s outside counsel amid an impeachment inquiry into the president.

The spokesperson said Gowdy “has been terminated and is no longer a contributor” to Fox, where the South Carolina Republican had appeared just days before to discuss the ongoing impeachment inquiry in the House.

>snip>

In a recent appearance on Fox, Gowdy had blasted House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., who is a leader in the impeachment inquiry — and a prime target of Trump, who has repeatedly accused the committee chief of “treason.”

“Bias kills investigations, and for anyone who wondered whether Adam Schiff could be objective or dispassionate — I never wondered that, but if any of your viewers did — now you know, he makes up facts in openings and he lies about meetings with whistleblowers,” Gowdy said.

Gowdy was referring to The Washington Post’s fact-check of Schiff’s Sept. 17 claim that “We have not spoken directly with the whistleblower” — which the newspaper rated false — and the chairman’s self-described parody of Trump’s call with Zelensky that used mobster-like language.
:roll:
Republicans have accused Schiff of fabricating Trump’s remarks in that call, even though Schiff said before his comments that he was characterizing “the essence of what the president communicates.” Schiff also concluded the parody by saying: “This is, in sum and character, what the president was trying to communicate.”
You don't start impeachment proceedings and then recite a 'parody' of a telephone conversation you proclaim will be your main evidence. If the 'evidence' you have isn't what you hoped it might be just make it up as you go? Nah!

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/09/fox-ter ... -team.html

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:04 pm

I am still unsure about the context of that clip, Black Orchid. Where and when did it occur? What was the original question asked? These things are just as important as what Joe is saying. You however, only seem to believe the only thing that is important is what Joe is saying... :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:07 pm

brian ross wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:04 pm
You however, only seem to believe the only thing that is important is what Joe is saying... :roll:
Well DUHHH!! :roll:

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:10 pm

To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:03 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:07 pm
brian ross wrote:
You however, only seem to believe the only thing that is important is what Joe is saying... :roll:
Again, I ask the context and for where/when this occurred, Black Orchid. I wonder why you won't supply it? Is it 'cause you don't care? Mmmm, I wonder how you react to this then?

Donald Trump: Billy Bush says infamous Access Hollywood 'grab them by the p***y' tape is real

Do you like knowing that Trump is a sexist bigot? :roll:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:31 pm

brian ross wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:03 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
brian ross wrote:
Again, I ask the context and for where/when this occurred, Black Orchid. I wonder why you won't supply it? Is it 'cause you don't care? Mmmm, I wonder how you react to this then?

Donald Trump: Billy Bush says infamous Access Hollywood 'grab them by the p***y' tape is real

Brian stop being ridiculous and trying to deflect. When or where Biden said this is totally irrelevant. Context? Listen to his words and stop being silly. It's WHAT he says and it is more than clear.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:50 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:31 pm
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
brian ross wrote:

Brian stop being ridiculous and trying to deflect. When or where Biden said this is totally irrelevant. Context? Listen to his words and stop being silly. It's WHAT he says and it is more than clear.
So, what Trump says is irrelevant? Do you like what he says about Women, Black Orchid? Do you like to be grabbed by the pussy? Really?

I am not trying to deflect. I am attempting to find out more information about that clip. Information that has bearing on what Biden is saying (and why he is saying it). What he is saying is only half the story. Just as what Trump is saying is only half of the story. Trump appears to be a Sexist bigot, rather full of himself. He became el Presidente'. Biden? Biden was once vice-el Presidente'. Lets hear the background to what he said. We know the background to Trump's utterances... :roll:

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:48 am

brian ross wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:56 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:54 pm
Redneck wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:43 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:39 pm
I don't see how he has done anything wrong. Do you?
Are you kidding?

FFS are you blind? Well wait an see!

OMG Cant believe it the man is an embarrassment almost daily!!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
You don't think Biden should be investigated even after his own admissions? Red your sheer hatred for him is just blinding you. Not me!
Biden doesn't hold any office. Trump does, Black Orchid. It appears you believe that el Presidente means Trump is immune to the legal ramifications for his actions. No one has argued that for Biden. Lets see the Trumpites stump up something. There is plenty on the table against Trump already. :roll: :roll:
Ummm ... Biden WANTS to hold the highest office in the land, he's been the Democrat front-runner up to now, and the accusations against him took place while he was VIce President of the last administration.

So we're not talking about a historical figure out of ancient Rome. In fact, there appears to be plenty of evidence that the Obama-Biden administration had their fingerprints all over the Russian collusion hoax that amounted to zilch.

But don't take my word for it. Look in your own backyard:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... ry-origins

Attorney General William Barr and U.S. Attorney John Durham have reached out to the United Kingdom, Italy, Australia, and likely other Western nations as part of the Justice Department’s inquiry into the Trump-Russia investigators.
Remember, too, that the report from Inspector General Horowitz, dealing with this same "who watches the watchers" subject, is expected to be released within the next couple of weeks. Word has it that it won't be kind to the Hillary campaign and the Obama administration, which may include "Quid Pro Joe" Biden.

As for Trump getting removed from office, don't waste time getting your hopes up. The chances of getting a 2/3 vote in the Republican-controlled Senate are about as likely as Ayman al-Zawahiri converting to Judaism.

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:54 am

brian ross wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:50 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:31 pm
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
brian ross wrote:

So, what Trump says is irrelevant? Do you like what he says about Women, Black Orchid? Do you like to be grabbed by the pussy? Really?
I'm constantly amused at the way lefties suddenly become pearl-clutching schoolmarms when they're feigning shock at the salty language of a politician they're trying to take down.

Especially when Democrats such as Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib make public comments like, "We're gonna impeach the motherf___er!"
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/04/politics ... index.html

Sure, Trump's statement was crude, but any male over 12 years old who hasn't heard similar language has probably spent his life cloistered in a monastery.

Besides, it's pretty obvious that Trump wasn't saying he treated ALL women that way -- he was merely describing the way groupies throw themselves at famous men. I'm sure any rock star could tell similar stories.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:08 am

Try to deflect as much as you like rightards,

it wont help Trump,

the impeachment is coming to get him.

:rofl :rofl