Re: The impeachment inquiry

Post by Bobby » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:53 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:22 pm
Bobby wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:47 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:39 pm
I don't see how he has done anything wrong. Do you?
He's being a bit funny about his tax returns and it's led
to people making up hypothetical stories.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49963910

Judge orders Trump to hand over eight years of tax returns
7 October 2019
A judge has ordered US President Donald Trump to hand over eight years of his tax returns to New York investigators.
The judge rejected arguments by the president's lawyers that Mr Trump enjoyed total immunity while in office.
The ruling helps an investigation into hush money paid to two women who claim they had affairs with Mr Trump.
Prosecutors said in a court filing that every US president since Jimmy Carter had voluntarily released his tax returns before or upon taking office.
In his 75-page decision on Monday, Judge Victor Marrero called the president's claim of immunity "repugnant to the nation's governmental structure and constitutional values", writing that he would not allow a "categorical and limitless assertion of presidential immunity from judicial process".
It would be far better if they tried to beat him in 2020 instead of these constant underhanded and chaotic tactics which go against the wishes of the American people and the democracy under which he was elected.
I agree - the rot has started and it's not good for America.
They need to support their president.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:29 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:11 pm
He was elected President, Brian, so get over it. He was elected democratically via their system. If you don't agree with it too bad.

Name the statute or code that says it is illegal for a President to ask a foreign country to investigate a potential crime.
Easy, Black Orchid.
18 U.S. Code § 953. Private correspondence with foreign governments

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply, himself or his agent, to any foreign government or the agents thereof for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 744; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(K), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)
[Source]

El Presidente' Trump by his own admission has done this. This applies to ALL US citizens, including the el Presidente'.

If you want to read what Foreign Nationals can or cannot do in US elections, read the US Federal Elections Commission webpage on the matter.

That took me about two minutes with Google to find. Did you even attempt that? Nope. :roll: :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:25 am

Nothing to do with being a lefty or rightard.

I find him to be an embarrassment,

he is definitely a screw loose and law breaker so the sooner he is replaced the better ,

whatever it takes.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:56 am

He hasn't tried to "influence the conduct" of any foreign government. They were already investigating Biden and his son for corruption. Nor was he "defeating the measures of the United States". Investigating corruption between high level government officials and a foreign government is not an impeachable offence and there was no quid pro quo. Hillary should have been jailed for what she did yet you bow to her and cry that she is not in office.

Biden's son is corrupt and obtained money off the back of his father's position yet you choose to place him above the law. Because of your bias you choose to see no crime in that. Biden had the Ukrainian prosecutor investigating his son fired and admits to doing so. Yet you see nothing wrong with that either. You think their China/Ukraine dealings should just be overlooked because they are on the same side of politics that you are.

Why isn't the House voting? Why are Trump's due process rights being denied without a vote?

Trump said he was going to clean up the corruption and Deep State and, like him or hate him, that's what he is trying to do and all the Dems can do is try to overturn an election they lost instead of working towards winning the next one fairly. It's pathetic.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:57 am

Redneck wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:25 am

he is definitely a screw loose and law breaker so the sooner he is replaced the better ,

whatever it takes.
Whatever it takes? There you have it folks! :roll:

It would be better if you lefties actually tried to win an election and the people but, nah, that's too hard.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:17 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:57 am
Redneck wrote:

whatever it takes.

It would be better if you lefties actually tried to win an election and the people but, nah, that's too hard.
Ah when all else fails BO blames it on the leftards,

I have never had any issues with any former US president be they left or right. Nixon excepted!

Anyway desperate times call for desperate measures BO

If impeachment is required so be it.

The USA can do much better than be ruled by this crooked narcissist

Sorry if this offends you and your rightard US friends.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:34 pm

Redneck wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:17 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Redneck wrote:

whatever it takes.

I have never had any issues with any former US president be they left or right. Nixon excepted!

In case you haven't realised this the Dems are leftards!

Nothing offends me Red and sure Trump has his quirks and flaws and plenty of them. In fact, his outbursts make me cringe but I would have thought they would have made you proud because, no offence, but you are prone to them yourself. :lol:

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:49 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:34 pm
Redneck wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:17 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Redneck wrote:

whatever it takes.

In case you haven't realised this the Dems are leftards!

Nothing offends me Red and sure Trump has his quirks and flaws and plenty of them. In fact, his outbursts make me cringe but I would have thought they would have made you proud because, no offence, but you are prone to them yourself. :lol:
I thought the lefties comment was pointed at me personally,

especially after my opening comment about it had nothing to do with being a lefty or rightard.

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:13 pm

brian ross wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:29 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:11 pm
He was elected President, Brian, so get over it. He was elected democratically via their system. If you don't agree with it too bad.

Name the statute or code that says it is illegal for a President to ask a foreign country to investigate a potential crime.
Easy, Black Orchid.
18 U.S. Code § 953. Private correspondence with foreign governments

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply, himself or his agent, to any foreign government or the agents thereof for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 744; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(K), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)
[Source]

El Presidente' Trump by his own admission has done this. This applies to ALL US citizens, including the el Presidente'.

If you want to read what Foreign Nationals can or cannot do in US elections, read the US Federal Elections Commission webpage on the matter.

That took me about two minutes with Google to find. Did you even attempt that? Nope. :roll: :roll:
:rofl

Well I see that "law" is worth about as much as a piece of toilet paper post-wipe.

America has a well documented history of involvement/influence on foreign governments.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:19 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:56 am
He hasn't tried to "influence the conduct" of any foreign government. They were already investigating Biden and his son for corruption.
No, that investigation had ceased - something the Ukranian President pointed out, Black Orchid. Nothing was found. Funny that. :roll:
Nor was he "defeating the measures of the United States". Investigating corruption between high level government officials and a foreign government is not an impeachable offence and there was no quid pro quo. Hillary should have been jailed for what she did yet you bow to her and cry that she is not in office.
There was a quid pro quo, Black Orchid. Trump had ordered the withholding of aid to Ukraine. He then allowed it to go ahead and asked for the investigation. The implication was that aid could be stopped and would be stopped. If Ukraine co-operated, it wasn't to be stopped.
Biden's son is corrupt and obtained money off the back of his father's position yet you choose to place him above the law. Because of your bias you choose to see no crime in that. Biden had the Ukrainian prosecutor investigating his son fired and admits to doing so. Yet you see nothing wrong with that either. You think their China/Ukraine dealings should just be overlooked because they are on the same side of politics that you are.
Biden's son is not Biden. It is Joe Biden who is running against Trump more than likely in 2020. Trump asked for Joe to be investigated. Tsk, tsk. Get your time line and facts straight, Black Orchid. :roll:
Why isn't the House voting? Why are Trump's due process rights being denied without a vote?
A vote cannot occur until the investigation has finished, Black Orchid. You appear not to understand due process. :roll:
Trump said he was going to clean up the corruption and Deep State and, like him or hate him, that's what he is trying to do and all the Dems can do is try to overturn an election they lost instead of working towards winning the next one fairly. It's pathetic.
"Deep state"? You mean the conspiracy that the main instigator of, Stephen Bannon has admitted is a conspiracy? Oh, dearie, dearie, me. You really are taken in by bullshit aren't you, Black Orchid? The Dems are trying to damage Trump, not over turn his election. What is past is past. Even the Democrats admit that. "Fairly"? When Trump stops calling for the investigation by foreign governments of his main political rivals, then we can see a fair election (if one is possible in the USA). :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair