We are a superpower run by a simpleton

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Rorschach

Re: We are a superpower run by a simpleton

Post by Rorschach » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:59 am

brian ross wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:54 pm
Most of those issues are still ongoing. If you read about "sanctuary cities" in the US, the Federal Government has made efforts to crack down on them but in reality, they still exist and will continue to exist, BO. Most of the others are similar. The Federal Government in the US has one sledgehammer - financial - with which to crack a very tough nut - local law enforcement issues and it is failing dismally to do that very successfully.

Trump likes to make big announcements but rarely follows through on them, just as the US Federal Government fails to follow through on them. The result is a mix-mash of differing laws and how the existing laws should be observed in differing states and cities.

Trump is a simpleton. Simple as that. He is a smart simpleton - he knows how to tap into the insecurities of the American people but his responses are simplistic and stupid. He has alienated more people than he has gained in the US electorate. His presidency is one of the most unpopular in US History - 60% look upon Trump's presidency unfavourably. I suspect he will lose the mid-term election, badly.
I DON'T THINK HE'S A SMART ANYTHING.

But... I do think there are a lot of americans who have not been listened to for a very long time and DRAINING THE SWAMP was and still is very popular with them.
We have the same problems here with out pollies.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD