Nigel Farage on AUST and the US

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Black Orchid

Re: Nigel Farage on AUST and the US

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:13 pm

Five people have been arrested during a protest outside a Melbourne CBD hotel against conservative UK politician Nigel Farage's speaking tour.

About 200 demonstrators gathered outside the Sofitel Hotel where the former leader of the United Kingdom Independence Party gave his last Australian tour speech.

Five people were arrested, one for criminal damage, another for riotous behaviour and a third for covering their face and assaulting police, while two others were arrested for unrelated outstanding matters, police said.

Confrontations with people trying to attend the event were aggressive and police intervened several times.

The crowd was organised by the Coalition Against Racism and Fascism (CARF).
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/five-arrest ... gel-farage

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:54 pm

The new Left tactic in progressive states like Vic and LW institutions is to harass and protest violently and then the spineless authorities or LW governments seek to bill the non-violent for their police protection...

yet another form of state/political censorship.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:40 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:13 pm
Five people have been arrested during a protest outside a Melbourne CBD hotel against conservative UK politician Nigel Farage's speaking tour.

About 200 demonstrators gathered outside the Sofitel Hotel where the former leader of the United Kingdom Independence Party gave his last Australian tour speech.

Five people were arrested, one for criminal damage, another for riotous behaviour and a third for covering their face and assaulting police, while two others were arrested for unrelated outstanding matters, police said.

Confrontations with people trying to attend the event were aggressive and police intervened several times.

Ah the left just love freedom of speech, don’t they? :roll

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:24 pm

Mistress Nicole wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:40 am
Black Orchid wrote:

As much, if not more so, than the Right does, "Nicole". Nobody likes people they disagree with, everybody will attempt to block their speech if possible. Some do it violently, some do it legally. It all depends on how much money they have to do it with.
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

BigP

Post by BigP » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:42 pm

brian ross wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:24 pm
Mistress Nicole wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:40 am
Black Orchid wrote:

As much, if not more so, than the Right does, "Nicole". Nobody likes people they disagree with, everybody will attempt to block their speech if possible. Some do it violently, some do it legally. It all depends on how much money they have to do it with.
And if we look at the US, you will notice that the left are far less accepting of the democratic process, unless it falls their way that is lol

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:49 pm

BigP wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:42 pm
And if we look at the US, you will notice that the left are far less accepting of the democratic process, unless it falls their way that is lol
I'd say both sidee in the US are unaccepting and unsupporting of the democratic process. When Obama was elected, how many on the Right of the aisle supported his election? Bugger all from my reading of it. Initially it was the colour of his skin, the place of his birth, his religion supposedly, the shape of his wife, you name, they hated it. Tut, tut, neither side is blameless.

BigP

Post by BigP » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:58 pm

brian ross wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:49 pm
BigP wrote:
I'd say both sidee in the US are unaccepting and unsupporting of the democratic process. When Obama was elected, how many on the Right of the aisle supported his election? Bugger all from my reading of it. Initially it was the colour of his skin, the place of his birth, his religion supposedly, the shape of his wife, you name, they hated it. Tut, tut, neither side is blameless.

The facts do not support your argument Brian. You should do something about that stutter of yours lol

BigP

Post by BigP » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:01 pm

Or should I say Tutter ?

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:06 pm

BigP wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:58 pm
brian ross wrote:
BigP wrote:

The facts do not support your argument Brian. You should do something about that stutter of yours lol

Oh, dearie, dearie, me. Tut, tut, what a sorry fellow you are. Of course the evidence supports my views. Much more than it supports yours. Silly, silly person.

BigP

Post by BigP » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:08 pm

brian ross wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:06 pm
BigP wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:58 pm
brian ross wrote:
BigP wrote:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me. Tut, tut, what a sorry fellow you are. Of course the evidence supports my views. Much more than it supports yours. Silly, silly person.
Looks like its a little past your bed time Brian :du