Miss Alabama

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Bobby

Miss Alabama

Post by Bobby » Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:58 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... lying.html

Plus-sized Miss Alabama hits back at trolls who branded her an 'unhealthy embarrassment'

Published: 04:35 AEST, 7 June 2024

A plus-sized winner of a Miss Alabama beauty contest has hit back at trolls who called her an 'unhealthy embarrassment'.

Sara Milliken, 23, was overjoyed when she scooped the top prize in the National American Miss pageant.

Among the harsh comments was one from Blaine Tom Mieroughts, who wrote: 'I thought it was a beauty pageant.'

Randy Hicks added: 'Is that actually considered attractive in Alabama?'

John Mason said: 'This should have been (M)iss Jack in the Box winner,' a cruel reference to the fast food chain.

Others were kinder, with Tracie Stephens-Brooks saying: 'To know is to love her. This young lady has a heart of gold and will give anyone in need a helping hand. A beautiful obese diva with style, sass and a lot of class.'

Samantha Thrash Duff added: 'So proud of her! We watched her all weekend and prayed hard that she would come home with that title! She is an amazing, sweet young woman and is going to do great things!;

And David Junior said: 'Great to finally not see some 100lb, blonde hair blue eyes who wants world peace win! Congrats to Alabama and this Queen!'

Bobby

Re: Miss Alabama

Post by Bobby » Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:58 pm

UnSubRocky

Post by UnSubRocky » Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:09 pm

This is what she needs.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:57 pm

UnSubRocky wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:09 pm

This is what she needs.

So what do your reckon -

the fatter the better?

Sophia

Post by Sophia » Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:11 am

Well haven’t times changed!
It must be about heart mind and soul now.
I think it’s not about if fatter is better or not, it’s a break-through message.
There’s more to this than meets the eye.
I was a little stunned at first, then thought why not!
Since I was a little girl I wanted to be tall and trim like these miss universe and would grab my mothers belt and wear it tight around my waist.
How these influence us when young. I wish this sort of break through happened earlier so that many of us felt better about ourselves as we are.
In my time growing up we had that anorexic twiggy in our faces as some ideal look!
And starving unhealthy models since then for the catwalk and fashion magazines.
And who wears that weird skimpy crap they parade in?
Certainly not for the average Jane.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Jun 08, 2024 11:38 am

Personally I don't think it's prudent to promote morbid obesity. There's a much healthier middle ground without pandering to minorities.

UnSubRocky

Post by UnSubRocky » Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:15 pm

Bobby wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:57 pm
UnSubRocky wrote:

This is what she needs.

So what do your reckon -

the fatter the better?
No. Definitely not. I was disgusted with myself when I got to 130kg. I want to lose 25kg before the end of the year.

This "Miss Alabama" should take a few years of modest weight loss for her health. I believe it when people say that she has a "heart of gold". But, her heart is going to give out before the gold pays off, if she does not get healthy.

UnSubRocky

Post by UnSubRocky » Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:20 pm

Sophia wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:11 am

How these influence us when young. I wish this sort of break through happened earlier so that many of us felt better about ourselves as we are.
In my time growing up we had that anorexic twiggy in our faces as some ideal look!
And starving unhealthy models since then for the catwalk and fashion magazines.
It is different in my area. My own 16y.o. daughter is into athletics, with her very toned abdominal muscles and runner legs. She is looking to get into modelling. The skinny look is not her thing. And being obese (or even overweight) would not sit well with her obsessive-compulsive nature.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Jun 08, 2024 2:33 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 11:38 am
Personally I don't think it's prudent to promote morbid obesity. There's a much healthier middle ground without pandering to minorities.
I agree - I wish we had like buttons.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Jun 08, 2024 2:34 pm

UnSubRocky wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:15 pm
Bobby wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:57 pm
UnSubRocky wrote:

This is what she needs.

So what do your reckon -

the fatter the better?
No. Definitely not. I was disgusted with myself when I got to 130kg. I want to lose 25kg before the end of the year.

This "Miss Alabama" should take a few years of modest weight loss for her health. I believe it when people say that she has a "heart of gold". But, her heart is going to give out before the gold pays off, if she does not get healthy.
130 kg - you must look a bit like her?