Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Nicole

Re: Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Post by Nicole » Mon May 18, 2020 6:05 pm

BigP wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 3:12 pm
Those twisters are scary fucken things,,

We dont tend to get much dangerous weather in NZ, The odd roof off a few trees down and plenty of flooding,,
You do seem to have your share of earthquakes though, P.

BigP

Post by BigP » Tue May 19, 2020 6:31 am

Nicole wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:05 pm
BigP wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 3:12 pm
Those twisters are scary fucken things,,

We dont tend to get much dangerous weather in NZ, The odd roof off a few trees down and plenty of flooding,,
You do seem to have your share of earthquakes though, P.
They dont call it the shaky isles for nothing . I have never felt a tremor in Auckland, they tend to run through the lower North Island and top half of the South, I was in Christchurch a while after their big shake and experienced a 5.5 and a lesser 4.5 they were a little unsettling I must confess,,

Texan

Post by Texan » Tue May 19, 2020 9:02 am

We joke a lot about the San Andreas fault causing the "big one" and sending California into the Pacific Ocean, but we are half kidding. ;)

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue May 19, 2020 9:40 am

Last time I was in California I experienced an earthquake my first night. Darn scary when I realised what it was.

My oldest loves skiing in NZ and is talking about going back as soon as things open up again. No quakes I hope!

OK that was my effort for the day. Back to bed for me. I've had this reoccurring bug that keeps striking me down hard. The last time I was sick was 30 years ago and I will be a happy girl if it's another 30 years after this one goes. It doesn't seem to want to leave though *sigh

BigP

Post by BigP » Tue May 19, 2020 9:52 am

""My oldest loves skiing in NZ and is talking about going back as soon as things open up again. No quakes I hope!""

Maybe the odd eruption or lahar,,,

BigP

Post by BigP » Tue May 19, 2020 9:55 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:40 am
Last time I was in California I experienced an earthquake my first night. Darn scary when I realised what it was.

My oldest loves skiing in NZ and is talking about going back as soon as things open up again. No quakes I hope!

OK that was my effort for the day. Back to bed for me. I've had this reoccurring bug that keeps striking me down hard. The last time I was sick was 30 years ago and I will be a happy girl if it's another 30 years after this one goes. It doesn't seem to want to leave though *sigh
Ya poor thing, Get yaself back into bed and let me sort you out a nice hot cuppa chamomile tea with a dash of honey..

there ya go luv :buddy

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Tue May 19, 2020 3:58 pm

BigP wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:55 am
Black Orchid wrote:

Ya poor thing, Get yaself back into bed and let me sort you out a nice hot cuppa chamomile tea with a dash of honey..

When he leaves, add a dash of whisky to it. Take care ;)
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

BigP

Post by BigP » Tue May 19, 2020 4:25 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:58 pm
BigP wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:55 am
Black Orchid wrote:

When he leaves, add a dash of whisky to it. Take care ;)
Take a good swig of that before, You dont want to ruin a good cup of chamomile lol

To be honest with you Nom, I would personally biff the tea out the window and give the whiskey a good nudge . :beer

Texan

Post by Texan » Thu May 21, 2020 7:59 am

I found a silver lining in this China Flu nonsense. With Major League Baseball on hold, my son gets to graduate high school in a brand new, never used $1.1B stadium intended for the Texas Rangers.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/red- ... 72429/?amp

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Thu May 21, 2020 10:17 am

Black Orchid wrote:

Hope you are feeling a bit better BO, havent seen you for a couple of days which is unusual . :thumb