Bushfires

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.

Black Orchid

Re: Bushfires

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:20 pm

Stop being an idiot Red I have never said any such thing.

I have also never said that I don't believe in global warming because I do, surprise surprise!! I just don't believe in the political hysterics you lot love to tout. I also don't believe in worshipping some 16 year old autistic kid nor do I believe that tossing money at the UN will solve anything. Have you ever taken a look at the UN members in charge?

The Chair of the IPCC is a South Korean and oh guess what? South Korea's greenhouse emissions target is rising and classified as HIGHLY INSUFFICIENT.

China recently derided us about our greenhouse emissions target. China who is the worst offender on the planet has the audacity to challenge us and they also get a free pass by you lot?
The Morrison government has been challenged by the European Union and by China about whether it can meet its Paris commitments given rising emissions, and about growing pollution from vehicles, ahead of a progress meeting about climate commitments in Bonn next week.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ate-target

From another thread where this discussion should belong (thanks Bogan) ...
China agreed to "a peaking of carbon emissions by 2030" ( Promised to increase emissions until 2030.)

India Pledged to "reduce the intensity of emissions." (Promised to make their rising emissions more efficient.)

Pakistan. Promised to reach a peak at some point, after which they will reduce emissions.
The reason one family is protesting in Sydney with those idiots the Extinction Rebellion (below) and where heaps of essential services have to be taken away from the fires to control this rabble. It's crap like this that I object to ...
"It took us five days to prepare our house, we cleaned the gutters, we got the pump up from the dam, because there is no water in the dam, put it in the tank, we raked five metres around the house, more in some cases, and we got ready," she told SBS News from the Sydney Town Hall.

"The government did nothing."
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/here-s-why- ... -emergency

What did she want Morrison to do? Go there and physically help?

Many fires actually have been deliberately lit and a damned good proportion of the intensity of the situation can also be squarely laid at the feet of the Greens who have stopped proper precautions being taken in many areas and left them vulnerable.

If you think global warming at the rate of 0.03 degrees centigrade per year has everything to do with the fires in Australia prove it in the Climate Change thread.

What do you do to reduce your carbon footprint? Take another cruise to think about it?

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:23 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:20 pm
I also don't believe in worshiping some 16 year old autistic kid.
How dare you. :lol:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:25 pm

Here's another thing I object to.
The WA Government has defended using more than $100,000 raised from an emergency services levy to install public art at new fire stations.

The Emergency Services Levy (ESL) is collected by local governments from ratepayers on behalf of the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES).

According to the DFES: "Every cent collected from the ESL goes towards providing emergency services to the community."

But because of the WA Government's longstanding Percent for Art Scheme, which requires up to 1 per cent of the construction budget for new public buildings costing over $2 million to be spent on artwork, some of this money has been allocated to public art installations.

A Government tender recently called for expressions of interest from artists to design and install artwork at the new Cockburn Career Fire Station with an allocated budget of $69,340.

The new building, including the artwork, will be funded by the ESL and money from the sale of some land owned by DFES.

The new Vincent Fire Station was funded entirely by the ESL and included a public artwork budget of $51,500.

Calls to use cash for equipment, not art.

WA Shadow Minister for Emergency Services Steve Thomas said he believed emergency services should be exempt from the Percent for Art Scheme.

"I think that the community would be rightly shocked to learn that their emergency services levy money is going into artworks instead of the fire protection equipment," he said.

"The previous government had the same policy, but I think it is time for this policy to end.

"I think there is a special case for emergency services where it is more important to put that money into the equipment they require rather than art work to decorate the building."

Mr Thomas said he would raise the issue with his party room and propose a policy change.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-09/ ... s/11853124

Artwork is more important than equipment? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:45 pm

Bobby wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:23 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
I also don't believe in worshiping some 16 year old autistic kid.
How dare you. :lol:

Yes indeed. How dare I. :rofl

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:34 pm

Black Orchid wrote:

I have also never said that I don't believe in global warming because I do, surprise surprise!! I just don't believe in the political hysterics you lot love to tout. I also don't believe in worshipping some 16 year old autistic kid nor do I believe that tossing money at the UN will solve anything. Have you ever taken a look at the UN members in charge?

The Chair of the IPCC is a South Korean and oh guess what? South Korea's greenhouse emissions target is rising and classified as HIGHLY INSUFFICIENT.

China recently derided us about our greenhouse emissions target. China who is the worst offender on the planet has the audacity to challenge us and they also get a free pass by you lot?
The Morrison government has been challenged by the European Union and by China about whether it can meet its Paris commitments given rising emissions, and about growing pollution from vehicles, ahead of a progress meeting about climate commitments in Bonn next week.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ate-target

From another thread where this discussion should belong (thanks Bogan) ...
China agreed to "a peaking of carbon emissions by 2030" ( Promised to increase emissions until 2030.)

India Pledged to "reduce the intensity of emissions." (Promised to make their rising emissions more efficient.)

Pakistan. Promised to reach a peak at some point, after which they will reduce emissions.
The reason one family is protesting in Sydney with those idiots the Extinction Rebellion (below) and where heaps of essential services have to be taken away from the fires to control this rabble. It's crap like this that I object to ...
"It took us five days to prepare our house, we cleaned the gutters, we got the pump up from the dam, because there is no water in the dam, put it in the tank, we raked five metres around the house, more in some cases, and we got ready," she told SBS News from the Sydney Town Hall.

"The government did nothing."
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/here-s-why- ... -emergency

What did she want Morrison to do? Go there and physically help?

Many fires actually have been deliberately lit and a damned good proportion of the intensity of the situation can also be squarely laid at the feet of the Greens who have stopped proper precautions being taken in many areas and left them vulnerable.

If you think global warming at the rate of 0.03 degrees centigrade per year has everything to do with the fires in Australia prove it in the Climate Change thread.

What do you do to reduce your carbon footprint? Take another cruise to think about it?

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :oops

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:40 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Actually, you have implied it several times, Black Orchid, in several different posts. Your language has been of absolutes. According to your posts, you do believe that arson is the main cause of the bushfires and that climate change has nothing to do with it.

Personally, I suspect that while arson might be responsible for some of the bushfires starting, climate change has made them worse, much worse than they normally would have been. :roll
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:46 pm

brian ross wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:40 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Actually, you have implied it several times, Black Orchid, in several different posts. Your language has been of absolutes. According to your posts, you do believe that arson is the main cause of the bushfires and that climate change has nothing to do with it.

Personally, I suspect that while arson might be responsible for some of the bushfires starting, climate change has made them worse, much worse than they normally would have been. :roll
That is exactly why i made that comment !!

Your comments are spot on Brian !

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:58 pm

I have "implied" it? You realise that means that I have not ever actually said it? It's just your 'interpretation'. :rofl

:grn