At the Movies...

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Neferti

Re: At the Movies...

Post by Neferti » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:37 pm

CORRECT! You must be surrounded by males under 30. Or Elderly males trying to be "neat". :mrgreen:

WHATEVER! Not my type of movie ... and I loath "romance" stuff as WELL.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:10 pm

But Gravity was really Good...

next week Ghost in the Shell....
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:00 am

GHOST IN THE SHELL...
7.5/10
Interesting take on the original manga/anime.
Some improvements in storyline some very derivative parts though... interesting that they kept a lot of visuals from the anime movie.
Visually interesting though a bit Blade Runner like in parts.... theft from Blade Runner, The Matrix, and Robocop, just to name a few.

Character improvements... The Major, Batou and Aramaki.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Mon May 01, 2017 4:13 am

I cannot wait for the Gunslinger to come to the big screen.

Sony has been pretty quiet in when it comes to talking about the upcoming Dark Tower movie. We’ve found a few scraps of information here and there, along with some photo’s from the filming days, but the only direct information from Sony has been a change in the release date; being pushed back from Feb 17 to July 28, 2017. Otherwise they’ve kept shtum about the whole affair.

http://www.darktowermovies.com/

Anyone read it? (well them)
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Tue May 02, 2017 2:32 pm

Hate Stephen King shyte. Can't read anything he writes.

Sooooo.... back to the movies....

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2.

Says it all doesn't it they are making these movies around a composite various artist soundtrack.

This soundtrack is crap compared to the first one, bar one or two tracks.... and this movie is much better than the first one... the live main characters are not as annoying this time. Rocket and Groot are still great.

Still there are a few really very annoying scenes in it.

7/10

Stay for the credits.

LEFTWINGER supreme

Post by LEFTWINGER supreme » Tue May 02, 2017 9:50 pm

Mrs caught me at a weak moment and inadvertently i watched fried green tomatoes , was like a two hour tampex commercial , excruciating, avoid at all costs 1/10

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu May 11, 2017 3:16 pm

ALIEN: COVENANT
7/10
Just for the art direction and special effects... nothing new to see here. But it does attempt to explain the last debacle... Prometheus.

LEFTWINGER supreme

Post by LEFTWINGER supreme » Thu May 18, 2017 8:58 pm

Covenant was awesome , but I've loved the whole alien franchise

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Thu May 18, 2017 11:22 pm

Is Covenant currently playing? If so, I gotta go and see it. I enjoyed Prometheus and think it wasn't all that well-received because it didn't tie up all the loose ends in a pretty little bow. Instead, it left old questions unanswered and introduced new ones. What is wrong with that?

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri May 19, 2017 11:30 am

SPLIT

Although James McAvoy's acting was brilliant I don't know what all the hype was about. I had to google the ending as I had not seen Unbreakable and had no idea who "Mr Glass" was.

5/10